Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (wink_vlx)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-09-2007, 1:58 PM Reply   
Attempted one my first backroll attempts while 3/4 the way through the rotation I feel a pulling sensation in front of my lowest rib. According to all the observers the trick looked very strong until I let go of the handle due to the tear. Has this happened to anyone else? If so how long to recover & what excercises need to be done to strengthen the muscle?
Old     (rivrrunr)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-09-2007, 7:44 PM Reply   
i experienced the same thing about a month ago and its still tender. mine was all the way down by my wastline but man it hurt. still havent landed a backroll, but every time i try it i make sure to do a couple of back bends before i ride and that seems to help. i think its just the weight of the board and trying to throw it to hard. the say if your technique is right, you shouldnt have to "throw" a backroll at all but like i said, ive yet to land one! good luck
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-10-2007, 6:18 AM Reply   
happens to me about every year or so typically when something goes wrong on a backroll and I have to pull hard to get my legs around hard. It usually takes me 4 weeks or so to heal up. Try to take it easy and not strain them too much. I still ride 4 or so times a week when it happens but I lay off the backrolls. Most of the other inverts don't bother them much.
Old     (boardone)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-11-2007, 6:02 PM Reply   
I did the same thing last week. 1/2 way round feels like I was stabbed. SUCKS.....
Old     (sportydude)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-16-2007, 3:29 PM Reply   
im gonna guess when you get healed completely do a bunch of core flexibilty and workouts. that would prolly help quite a bit.
Old     (wink_vlx)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-17-2007, 2:05 PM Reply   
One of the guys on our crew just did the very same thing the following week. He is going to have it looked @ but I think it may be the fact that we only ride in the wee hours of the morning & the body is not quite streched out yet.
Old     (sportydude)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-17-2007, 6:26 PM Reply   
"ride in the wee hours of the morning & the body is not quite streched out yet."

That would prolly do it^
I would say if you are riding really early to stretch and go on a short job to get the blood goin. my .02
Old     (rmack)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-18-2007, 6:44 PM Reply   
I would bet that the backroll is not for you. I would stick to wake to wake jumps. Your abs must not be strong enough!!!
Old     (rmack)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-18-2007, 6:45 PM Reply   
what's up steve O