Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 06, 2009

Old     (hoosairboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-05-2009, 7:16 PM Reply   
I see where they are hosting the nationals at Dayton Cable park. i didn't know Dayton had a cable park. Should be nice.

It says this will be used along with Pan Am games to determine US Team at worlds. National are same day as day as World Cup in Japan and worlds are the same day as WWA world. So who will ride for US? I see where Shapiro and Fields are at Pan Am and Steele. I can't see Steele passing up WWA Worlds the way he is riding. I could see Shapiro and maybe Fields. He has gotten no love from World Pub and the WWA crowd.
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-05-2009, 7:52 PM Reply   
Wake Nation Cable Park is in Fairfield Ohio about 35 mile from the boat lake in Dayton. It opens in May. We are so stoked in the midwest. Check it out www.wakenation.com
Old     (spinner_x)      Join Date: Jun 2008       04-05-2009, 8:02 PM Reply   
Never knew there was a cable park in Dayton either.
Old     (kneeboarddad)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-06-2009, 4:28 AM Reply   
Nice job Chris on the venue. The date does conflict with the World Cup stop in Japan :< . Austin usually tries to make it out for USAWakeboard nationals but he may be in Japan also. If not, I am sure he will be there.

Should be great for midwest riders to get a chance to do a tournament at a cable park. It is a fun way to spend a weekend.

Roger- It says these tournaments will be used in considering team. It doesn't mean an automatic invite. They can invite whoever they want. The invites are done by the IWSF and not USAWakeboard. I know there are questions about the two worlds going on at the same time so it will be interesting. It would be great to see some pros attend a USAWakeboard tournament.
Old     (osu_bcky1)      Join Date: Feb 2007       04-06-2009, 5:15 AM Reply   
I think the boat events will be held at Eastwood Lake. Im from Dayton and USA Wakeboard has held some events there in the past. Actually a really good venue for wakeboarding. They close the lake to public boat traffic for the events. I'm hoping with the Cable park and events like these that Dayton/Cincinnati will become the Orlando of the Midwest in terms of wakeboarding. Wishful thinking....
http://www.metroparks.org/Parks/Eastwood/Home.aspx
Old     (ohio_boy)      Join Date: Apr 2009       04-14-2009, 9:33 AM Reply   
I ride all winter at the cables in Florida, but I am from Dayton OH. I know there will be a great turn out to Nationals. Any big sporting event that is held in Dayton always brings i huge crowds. Nationals will be really fun this year getting to compete right down the street from my house. I'll have home cable advantage because I will also be working there this summer. Look for nothing but the best from Dayton athletics. Come out and visit wakenation
Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-14-2009, 9:52 AM Reply   
Anyone know the division structure for the cable comp? I am interested in doing the cable national, but USAwakeboard's website is less than helpful.
Old     (jdwake1)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-14-2009, 9:53 AM Reply   
Ryan is horrible :-)
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-14-2009, 4:26 PM Reply   
Jmuthafnp - Thanks for your post. I will work on getting that posted for you.
Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-14-2009, 5:34 PM Reply   
Chris - thanks.

Can't wait to come out and ride at wake nation

(Message edited by jmuthafnp on April 14, 2009)
Old     (zink)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-14-2009, 6:24 PM Reply   
hey guys check out www.cincywake.com its a discussion board for riders in Ohio, Indiana,Kentucky.