Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (mdetroit)      Join Date: Feb 2011       02-17-2011, 1:53 PM Reply   
been wakeboarding for 1 year and trying to get bigger air how much bigger will the wake be if i add 1500lbs of ballast bags i have never rode with any extra weight
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-17-2011, 1:58 PM Reply   
It depends. Bad form + more weight = harder spills and not necessarily more air.
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-17-2011, 2:48 PM Reply   
What kind of boat do you have? A bigger wake might help you get bigger air, but its just a crutch. Improve your technique, then jack up your wake.
Old    Ron1xNautique            02-17-2011, 4:20 PM Reply   
I have a 79 SN with a tower off a 99 Air and it throws a decent wake right now without weight, It's steep and firm but small. I noticed the wake has a better shape with people's weight more centered in the boat. I'm thinking about getting 2 -12" x 12" x 48" side sacs =520lbs Anyone else have an older SN(pre 2001 hull) with weight? opinions?
Old     (daveronix199)      Join Date: Feb 2009       02-17-2011, 4:34 PM Reply   
No ballast = Kiddy snowboard park

Ballast= X-games snow park

YES THAT MUCH BETTER.... If your skills are decent and you have proper edge control
Old    Ron1xNautique            02-17-2011, 4:47 PM Reply   
I rode behind a prostar 205 w/ 1400#s most of the season and it was fine but not as steep or firm as my SN's I'm thinking mine will throw a better wake with just 500#s and some friends?
Old     (mdetroit)      Join Date: Feb 2011       02-18-2011, 7:52 AM Reply   
i have a 22ft formula not really a wakeboarding boat but need to wait at least a couple more years to afford one just trying to do the best i can with this, im clearing the wake everytime and can almost get 3,s but not gettin high enough
Old     (wakecrzy2000)      Join Date: Apr 2004       02-18-2011, 8:32 AM Reply   
I learned all my 3's behind a jet ski, except TS BS 3. You can learn a ton behind small wakes without weight. Adding weight gives you time to grab and show style. Take it small then step up the weight you will progress much faster.
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-18-2011, 9:20 AM Reply   
Somewhere in the internetland there's a video of Nick Davies doing a 7 behind a jetski. You can do a 3 behind your boat, just work on your technique.
Old     (tahoeguy7)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-18-2011, 10:23 AM Reply   
There is also a good video of Byerly floating around where he is throwing down some big spins and inverts behind a boat with a Mariner outboard. Maybe some of the best riding I have ever seen. I have landed 360's behind a Bass Cat with a Mercury 200 on it. It is much easier to do spins on a boat with a good wake though.