Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old     (futurerx)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-18-2006, 5:51 PM Reply   
i started riding my bf's board which is much more comfortable and it makes me cut even if i don't want to--helping me to learn..problem is, i am 5'3" and he is 6'..it's a pain to change the bindings every time so he wanted me to try in his stance..i felt like i had never been on a board!! how do you determine the correct stance for you?? HELP!
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-19-2006, 8:07 AM Reply   
no expert on this either, but i don't see how his stance could possibly work for you because of leg length. i know changing bindings is a hassle sometimes, but i'm guessing you could really get hurt by having your legs in a stance that is unnatural to you, so i'd go with the hassle. if you have a rider go between you and your b/f, you could change the bindings while that person rides. you might wanna also check out boating places for demo boards/bindings on sale cuz there are some good deals out there. maybe your b/f's buddies have some gear they don't use that they'd let you borrow as your own until you can get some! p.s. i get hurt all the time, so take anything i say with a grain of salt, k? lol!

(Message edited by kylielogan on July 19, 2006)
Old     (wakechic06)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-19-2006, 10:25 AM Reply   
what size is the board? When I was riding a 137 for my first board and then I rode some guys 141 and was a major difference! I wasnt heavy enought to make the fins be in the water, so I could do surface stuff and cut really easy. That might be whats happening when you said it makes you cut even when you dont want to. And also it will make a difference with binding position i think because since hes 6 foot, hes gonna have a wider stance than you at 5'3". Just like me and an 8 year old. He stood in my bindings and his legs were really far apart, because of the height difference. To determine stance for you, its whatever feels natural. If youve been ridin for a while, its not gonna feel anything out of the normal, but you dont want them too far apart, too close, or the toes in or out. Not sure if that made sense but hope it all helps. Let me know if it didn't, i'll try to clarify . LOL

Jamie