Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (snyder)      Join Date: Feb 2006       11-24-2010, 10:17 AM Reply   
Can't believe there's not a thread on this yet...

Here's my list of questions/concerns...

Why is the timing so suspect? Why did they wait until A) after the mid-term elections and B) after most people had already purchased holiday travel tickets to implement this "pat-down" procedure? Why has it been a whole YEAR since the dude tried (unsucessfully, mind you) to blow up a plane from Amsterdam (where our TSA doesn't even have any control over the screening process)
Why are the same people who were beside themselves crazy over the deployment of warrantless wiretaping of phone calls originating in the US and made to suspect countries... are perfectly fine w/this?

Am I crazy for considering cancelling my Colorado vacation based on this? What level of privacy are we willing to give up to the government in the name of "safety".

Here are my theories from most probable to most scary...

1. They're truely clueless but think they're making us safer while continuing to stay 1 step BEHIND terrorists.

2. The pat-downs are intentionally intrusive so that we'll willingly accept the naked body scans. As a lesser-of-two-evils choice. With the intent of deploying these scanners deeper and deeper into our lives (court houses, banks, ball games, etc).

3. They know that this will piss us off to the point where we become violent. In which case they have an excuse to institute martial law... "Hey, YOU made us do it!"

Either way, i'm pissed off about it. Do you want your 60+ y/o grandmother to have to take off her underwear to prove that her prosthetic leg doesn't contain PETN?
Do you want your 7 y/o daughter touched in places that would normally get anyone but her doctor arrested?

Or am I blowing this out of proportion?