Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 05, 2008

Old     (brooke_m)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-21-2008, 7:40 PM Reply   
Okay guys, so I am just curious how many of you are really affected whenever it comes to having multiple girls on your boat! We went out this afternoon, my boyfriend, and 3 girls, and he became very brave!! He threw his backroll for the first time in a while!!

(Message edited by brooke_m on May 21, 2008)

Old     (azpowerhouse)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-21-2008, 7:42 PM Reply   
Very true.
Old     (dnannen)      Join Date: Nov 2007       05-21-2008, 7:47 PM Reply   
Ya the more girls the bigger the balls....ha ha i do it too.
Old     (goride)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-21-2008, 7:47 PM Reply   
im more affected if theres a really good rider on the boat or a good group of riders who are amped to see people push themselves.

I could really care less what the girls think. Unless im throwing down hard its not gonna win them over.
Old     (h20jnky)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-21-2008, 7:53 PM Reply   
3 girls, 1 guy and a "backroll"... hmmmm? i am going to go out on a limb here but something tells me he may have been trying to land a trick called the "backrub" which is closely related and rather common with a boat full of babes...
Old     (watersnake)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-21-2008, 7:55 PM Reply   
Reward him tonight, and I'm sure he will be pulling back rolls more often .
Old     (brooke_m)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-21-2008, 7:58 PM Reply   
Haha!! This is hilarious!! I have to say I didn't expect this post to get this much response!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-21-2008, 7:59 PM Reply   
When there are a lot of girls around you do the tricks you know you can stop....no falling there

Also a raley is needed, chicks dig those.... when you're straight out the bulge is more visible i think
Old     (marvin)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-21-2008, 8:02 PM Reply   
Upload
Old     (marvin)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-21-2008, 8:03 PM Reply   
sorry,,, had to
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-21-2008, 8:15 PM Reply   
carnival, good things guaranteed.
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-21-2008, 8:21 PM Reply   
fer sher. I barely have a 3, but the other day there were some girls in the boat and some on another boat we were passing, went for a s/w t/s 7. I have no idea how far around I got, just went dowwn spinnin
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-21-2008, 9:18 PM Reply   
I ride the best with other riders throwing down to be honest, since that gets me amped to ride more than anything. Girls want to see flips and raleys where as a good rider will give you props for the spins and switch stuff. I guess I like that part more, the props for the hard stuff. I remember a while back I was riding in a "riders" boat and did just a switch ts w2w @ 80ft behind a fully weighted boat, that got some props. Later that week I got a pull behind a boat full of non-riders (guys and chicks), threw a indy hs bs180 into the flats and a TS 5 with no love, ohhh but my tanny's and rolls were a big hit.
Old     (charman)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-21-2008, 9:23 PM Reply   
when its me and 4 chicks, i aint riding... we're takin out the pontoon and shootin tequila. much more effective.
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-21-2008, 9:30 PM Reply   
It's definitely happened to me. I've found though that if it's random chicas, that friends bring along, I can definitely throw down. But if I bring a girl I'm digging then I often ride pretty poorly. I've noticed the same thing in most all of my friends. I actually love when they bring girls they're digging because I know I'll perform to the best of my abilities.

Oh, and Marvin, look at Brooke's profile for all the picture you need. I'm just surprised he didn't land a double backroll.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-21-2008, 10:04 PM Reply   
Three girls, 2 cases of beer, a bottle of vodka, and a couple of margaritas is a combination that will see cheers for just grabs. And then the only sober guy besides the driver (me, cause I don't really drink) winds up having to explain to them what the tricks are. Note. There were extenuating circumstances to my dislike of talking to these very drunk women. If you really want to know, you can PM me. I don't want to look like some kind of ashhole here.
Old     (hyperliteguy_04)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-22-2008, 6:04 AM Reply   
I would have to agree, the more girls, the higher the expectations of yourself!
Old     (focker)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-22-2008, 6:56 AM Reply   
I'd say its pretty much the same whether it be girls or someone really new to wakeboarding. They want to see someone get air and go upside down.

It's always a complement to have ppl enjoy watching you ride and the folks you ride with build you up before you get out there. Sometimes it used to be kind of annoying b/c you know what they want to see and you almost feel obligated to do it. Here's usually what I do now though. Get up, and instead of doing my usual minute long wake to wake grab session warm up... I just do this pass...

hs grab, ts 180 (cut way out in the flats),.....tantrum, scarecrow, raley, toe backroll, hs backroll, front roll/roll2rev., then the flippy spinny thing (aka whirlybird.) It's all really big, ungrabbed and as laid out as possible. After that 2 minutes (or however long it takes), I can get on with doing whatever it is I wanted to do usually. My girlfriend (who has been watching me ride for 3 years) normally doesn't even watch me, and the funny thing is - if she *does* watch, she usually has something negative to say like "I've seen you do that 3rd thing you did a lot better". Haha

Bottom line: if you're trying to impress folks who are new to wakeboarding(especially girls), learn a raley and a whirlybird.

Brooke - what lake do yall ride up there? My girlfriends fam lives in Lexington and has a place on Tuckertown we go to every now and then. Seems like I've been out on High Rock a time or two as well.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-22-2008, 8:47 AM Reply   
So I'm the one that grew some BALLS and yes it is true the amount of trouble you'll go through to impress the ladies. Even thought I wasn't Impressing anybody just landing on my head a lot.

David next time your around send me an pm I ride Belews creek and Oak Hollow mainly if I just want to wakeboard.
Old     (focker)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-22-2008, 9:34 AM Reply   
Word - maybe we can get up sometime if we make it up that area soon. I know we'll be going to her parents lake place, which is on Tuckertown. Not sure how far that is from your spots...
Old     (norcalbordr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-22-2008, 9:57 AM Reply   
All girls wanna see is Raleys. you can throw a sick spin or mobe and they say "throw one of those superman things!"
Old     (goride)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-22-2008, 9:59 AM Reply   
crap this means no wakeskaters can pull girls cause we cant get inverted.

Next time i wakeskate with girls on the boat ill just hit the wake as hard as possible and try to flip in the air and tell them i usually land back on the board
Old     (roverjohn)      Join Date: Dec 2007       05-22-2008, 10:20 AM Reply   
Tell him that landing a 1440 anything would get you and your friends amorous and I'm sure he'd at least try one even if he wasn't going to be involved afterward.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-22-2008, 10:40 AM Reply   
My buddy and I laugh about this all the time. Take someone like Collin Wright and a general "expert level" rider (meaning inverts and raleys with a few spins) and stick them in a boat full of girls. Almost every girl would think the "expert rider" was the better rider. haha.
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-22-2008, 10:46 AM Reply   
chics dig raley's and thats ab it. we try and "educate" the ladies that come out on the boat ab whats really goin down.

really what happens is BG throws raley after raley while we in the boat tell the girls that its not really that hard of a trick to do it just looks cool. hahaha. its all love on our boat
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-22-2008, 11:00 AM Reply   
switch toeside w2w!! If i land most everything or am tired I just do those over and over to try and do better, and people are always like wtf, boring... except the one guy who is shocked cause he knows he should try them.... mad props for those
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-22-2008, 12:13 PM Reply   
switch toe is where its at...
Old     (brooke_m)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-22-2008, 3:07 PM Reply   
I think it's hilarious that all of you guys are like chicks dig this and chicks dig that! To be honest, I am just happy to see a guy do something besides go wake2wake! A grab, an invert, a raley, whatever it is, I am usually impressed!
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-22-2008, 3:44 PM Reply   
PICS, PICS, PICS (of the chicks)!!!
Old     (wakechic06)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-22-2008, 3:52 PM Reply   
It's opposite for me. I always have to try and impress the guys on the boat since thats who I usually ride with! The girls that I ride with wouldn't know switch from regular so I gotta get the tips and stuff from the guys that I ride with. It's awesome though cause I get really good advice with the guys that know what they're doing! :-) Only wish I could ride this summer....
Old     (watson_134_lf)      Join Date: Nov 2007       05-22-2008, 3:57 PM Reply   
"can you do a flip"
"yes"
"like omg that is so cool"
post run
"omg your so good at that"
"thanks dude"
"i can even get up. hahahahaha"
"well do you wanna try"
"eww no! im not getting wet!"

story of my life