Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-09-2009, 12:25 PM Reply   
Hello,
So does the fae produce any spray or negative effect on the wakesurf wave? Any thoughts on before and after wave effects?
Old    surfdad            06-09-2009, 12:51 PM Reply   
My FAE doesn't really effect the wake, but I did get a small spray at the transom up through the slots in my teak swim deck. A small piece of plastic under the swim deck stops it.
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-09-2009, 2:08 PM Reply   
No negative effect on wave on my Supreme V212,but a large effect on the sound from engine,it's nice and quiet.All I hear is music when I surf.Same problem with the spray between transom and swim platform,put some adhesive backed weather strip took care of that.All positive nothing negative about FAE,I love it.
Old     (ridetige)      Join Date: Oct 2008       06-09-2009, 2:23 PM Reply   
All good with my 2006 Tige 22V. I have a fiberglass swim step. It is so quite and nice. Like Jay says, can hear the music so much better.
Old     (motogod77)      Join Date: Aug 2008       06-09-2009, 2:50 PM Reply   
No negatives here either - gotta love the FAE for every reason.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-09-2009, 4:11 PM Reply   
Goodwins, goofy cleaned up once we got the pink leash string off! It doesn't effect mine either and I can finally hear my stereo...
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       06-09-2009, 4:16 PM Reply   
Agree Hate no spray on the Sanger V215. Duffy you might have to shorten your wake plate though.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-09-2009, 4:46 PM Reply   
I had them make the pipe longer to fit my plate. Should work great and I should have results on sunday!
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       06-09-2009, 6:05 PM Reply   
How did you have them make the pipe longer???? Heck I've been wanting them to make a double FAE to clear the switchblade for years... I might have to call again and haggle. I think you'll love it. Music is so much better than a throaty V8 that only goes 40mph wot.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-09-2009, 7:00 PM Reply   
I just said that the FAE needed to clear a custom 12 inch long plate. And they said it would be easy. They have a solution now for boats with a wedge, and I think it would work for the blade. Here
http://www.hardracing.com/WATER/FAE.htm
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-09-2009, 8:30 PM Reply   
No negatives, might even make a case for FAE improving the surf wake. Seemed really good on the Avy that we pulled the goofy riders behind at Nationals with last year.
Old     (drnate)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-10-2009, 7:12 AM Reply   
I love mine....if it came off today and I lost it, I would buy another one for sure.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-10-2009, 8:02 AM Reply   
You notice a color change in the center from the exhaust but nothing in the feel. FAE made mine to clear the fixed plate or the hydraulic plate.
No spray on the wake but a bit up through the swim deck.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-10-2009, 9:41 AM Reply   
have one on my 04 avy. best stereo upgrade i ever bought. no diff in the wake, or speed . little spray up between the swimstep and transom but not really a prob. easy fix if you don't like that, but the spray doesn't bother me a bit. I LOVE MY FAE!
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-10-2009, 9:59 AM Reply   
Mine is going to be here on friday! Should be an easy install, especially since I have a teak deck. I'm planning on doing it in two sittings. First is to do the glue on the flapper exhaust outlets.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-12-2009, 6:09 PM Reply   
Has anyone had issues with the hose clamps not getting tight enough? I bought a few extra just to be safe, I don't want the thing falling off.
Old     (dreamer)      Join Date: Nov 2008       06-14-2009, 11:29 AM Reply   
I get bubbles of exhaust between the transom and the platform when idling so we put the boat in gear and move forward slowly when someone is standing on the platform using the shower.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-14-2009, 12:01 PM Reply   
The install went great! But I did get a tiny bit of wash on my regular wave now. I think it didn't effect the goofy wave at all. It was nice and quite and I felt like it made it nice to talk to people who are learning. I hope that the wash goes away with a little fine tuning of the weight.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-15-2009, 1:59 PM Reply   
Yea you should be able to get rid of that with some fine tuning. Bet you can hear the sounds now huh?
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-16-2009, 11:23 AM Reply   
Duffy, I've had mine for two seasons and a couple hundred hours. I've checked the clamps after the first bit and a times since. None of mine have come loose. It's done some extended 40 mph running.