Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 30, 2005

Old    billy_ray            10-03-2005, 6:32 PM Reply   
how do start boarding from the platform of your boat without getting wet?
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-03-2005, 7:27 PM Reply   
Ummmmmmmm I'd say jump really high and have the driver slam the throttle see if hes up to 23 before you touch down.
No but seriously I dont think so, but maybe if you were to dock start that might work for you.
~Tyler~
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-03-2005, 7:37 PM Reply   
Its easy, you just face the water hold on to the rope tightly and tell the driver in the other boat to hit it!!!!!!!!
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-03-2005, 7:37 PM Reply   
dockstart, and if thats not possible use a second boats platform to start from.

www.wakecoupons.com
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-03-2005, 7:38 PM Reply   
ha jim you mustve beat me to that one by five seconds.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-03-2005, 7:39 PM Reply   
or just get wet, you are going to anyway when you try the 1080
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-03-2005, 7:42 PM Reply   
Buy a dry suit.
Old     (mike_baione)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-03-2005, 8:23 PM Reply   
Maybe if you install nitrous in your boats engine it will give you a tight line before you SINK. Even then you have to be concerned about ripping your arms out of there sockets.
There are some great dry suits out there, flexability is not so good but will protect your body if you want to go for some new tricks that you have been thinking about.
Old     (themann39)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-03-2005, 8:33 PM Reply   
When i was little my dad used to let us sit on the platform on the kneeboard and he would slowy let the rope out when we were going. After we were done he would pull us in too. I think that if you threw the rope out and slowly worked your way back you could do it but i dont know if i would want to try it.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-03-2005, 8:53 PM Reply   
actually i have video of a kid who rips and never gets wet....10 year old gus shuler. He starts on a dock or another boat and when he is done his dad pulls him in while the driver slows down the boat.

www.wakecoupons.com
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-03-2005, 9:40 PM Reply   
I suppose you might be able to make this happen with one of those skireels.
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       10-04-2005, 6:59 AM Reply   
J-Rod hit it....

SKI-REEL or ROPE-WINDER.

I have seen a video in the past, a cople years backwhere someone actually did this... Had the board pressed hard on the deck and as the boat got up to speed, the rope was let out.... not sure if it was a promo vid or not but I defiantely remember seeing it... I think skireel even has a remote control!

http://skireel.com/pages/1/index.htm
http://ropewinder.com/

P.S. Hows the pooch doing J-Rod?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-04-2005, 7:27 AM Reply   
Doin great, thank you. We took him to Hogans last weekend. He's finally starting to chill out a little bit.
Old    michaelvinczii            10-04-2005, 7:31 AM Reply   
YEAH LIKE HE SAID, start facing the boat and take off slowly, hold the rope tight and let yourself out slowly. Then when your done pull yourself in and start slowing down once you get close chop throttle and badabing your back on the teak deck like you started. Just hope you dont fall on your run or its pointless. But dockstarting would be much easier.
Old    luv2wake2            10-06-2005, 12:12 PM Reply   
On Jerry Nunns boat, he had a remote that controlled the line lenght. He could adjust ya on the fly were you needed to be. Guess you could start off the platform that way. When it gets cold we like to do a dock start, get some body heat going,then when you try a 1080 and hit the water, its really not that bad. Was in 38 dergree water last year, Dec 4, had the whole lake to ourselves lol