Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 30, 2005

Old    grizzle            09-21-2005, 7:52 PM Reply   
Just wondering what kind of talent we can expect to see next weekend. If you don't know about the tournament then check out the amature events here on wakeworld or visit this link...http://www.watercraven.com/Gulfcoast%20Classic/HomePage.htm
I know there are several people from Orlando coming down, what about you Gainesville guys that came out to Lakupoloza 03? see everone!
Old     (jhoward)      Join Date: Nov 2004       09-22-2005, 3:52 AM Reply   
I'll be there to watch. I can’t fit the binding over the cast.
Old    freerider4            09-22-2005, 7:20 AM Reply   
damn that is right in front of my school. This is going to be one choppy event once the rollers get going back in forth in there and bouncing off the sea walls it will be pure chaos.
Old    grizzle            09-22-2005, 12:34 PM Reply   
cant be any choppier than pierfest or wakefest? The boats are going to idle except for the runs... shouldn't be a problem.
Old    grizzle            09-22-2005, 12:45 PM Reply   
look forward to meeting you jhoward... I'll keep an eye out for the gimp! lol
Old     (taylormade)      Join Date: Jun 2001       09-22-2005, 12:53 PM Reply   
I think I'll be making an appearance as well.
Old     (watercraven)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-24-2005, 10:57 AM Reply   
$1,000 Cash prize for the Top Rider... Who's gonna take it?
Old     (jhoward)      Join Date: Nov 2004       09-26-2005, 4:01 AM Reply   
Hey CST, I'll try my hardest to make it. I got invited to a friend’s welcome home party that Friday or Saturday night in Orlando.
Saturday I went out with Scuba Steve {Steve Schmitz (bflat53212)} and he made everyone in my boat look like the rookies they are. He had a couple beers with us and it help encourage him to ride on an injury ankle. Good job Scuba.
Old     (bflat53212)      Join Date: Mar 2003       09-26-2005, 6:50 AM Reply   
lol...thanks for the kind words and the pull J.Howard. I had a great time. I am really feeling the ill-effects of that set. I was hoping to be back riding next weekend maybe even hit up the tourney, but looks like I am going to be out for quite a while now. Oh well. I am going down to watch anyways.
Old     (jhoward)      Join Date: Nov 2004       09-26-2005, 7:09 AM Reply   
Sorry about you hurting more, but everyone loved watching you board. Take some Motrin and ice it and hope I can find out what that's sac's all about. Still top bidder on perfect pass.
Old    cwbabsolute1080            09-26-2005, 10:48 AM Reply   
I will be there and I will be takin the money home!!
Believe that!
Old    grizzle            09-26-2005, 2:18 PM Reply   
a good turnout = city sponsorship for future events, so tell everyone you know to bring it, and we could have an annual event at the end of season every year. keep an eye out for the newspaper articles this week. see everyone out there.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-26-2005, 9:26 PM Reply   
unfortunately you picked the same weekend as the UF wake and ski club Wakefest, so I don't think you'll see too many people there from Gainesville.

Also, I have to spin sat night in west palm so I am sticking around here. maybe next time!
Old    freerider4            09-27-2005, 3:49 PM Reply   
is the course gonna be shorter then a regular course and how come there is no wakeskating?
Old    grizzle            09-27-2005, 5:31 PM Reply   
matt, I just looked at the schedule of events link and wakeskate is listed to start right after lunch break. I'll find out for sure though if you want. link is at top post
Old    freerider4            09-27-2005, 7:16 PM Reply   
no i'm injured right now but I didn't see any wakeskate when I looked at the info originally
Old     (jhoward)      Join Date: Nov 2004       10-02-2005, 3:25 PM Reply   
Choppy water = not good riding. But good job to all that pounded thru it.
Old    freerider4            10-02-2005, 4:57 PM Reply   
I knew it
Old    grizzle            10-03-2005, 6:09 PM Reply   
Thanks to everyone who came out on Sunday and braved the choppy water. Although there was only a handful of trophy winners, the Red Cross was the real winner. Afterall it was a Charity Event, and nobody got injured! The City of Tampa loved the idea, and alternative sites will definitely be considered for future events that promote the city.
Old     (jhoward)      Join Date: Nov 2004       10-04-2005, 4:04 AM Reply   
It would be nice it they can install something to break those rollers. You can not bet the location, it's centralized and has great seating/viewing. Big props to the cops, for putting up the other boater's attitude that didn't want to wait for the session break.