Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 30, 2005

Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       09-20-2005, 12:21 PM Reply   
So I think I'm comfortable with the riding aspect, but I'm not sure that I know exact when the driver is supposed to hit the throttle.

So the driver (boat) is idling away from you. Do they wait until you jump off the dock to hit it hard or when exactly? And riding, you jump just before the line gets fully tight correct?

Thanks!
Old    byerly137pro            09-20-2005, 12:30 PM Reply   
Get the rider to coil the rope and hold it up so the driver can see and idle forward, once the rope starts to dip and there are no coils left but still some slack is when you should hit it.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-20-2005, 1:45 PM Reply   
If I'm on the dock, punch it an instant before the line gets tight. I prefer not to start my set with a raley!
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-20-2005, 2:01 PM Reply   
^^why not!?!? that'd TIIIGHT!!
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-20-2005, 3:06 PM Reply   
last weekend I did a running/jumping dockstart with the wakeskate... took a couple tries to get the timing down. So much fun!
Old    walt            09-20-2005, 3:20 PM Reply   
I just drove my first dock start last Sunday.

I drove the boat just a little bit faster than idle and accelerated when the slack was gone....It worked out great.
Old     (mike_baione)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-20-2005, 3:24 PM Reply   
Start about 10 feet plus off the edge of the dock. Slide the dock ollie off the end, this is when your driver should hit it. Watch out for splinters.
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       09-20-2005, 7:38 PM Reply   
yeah..raley are definatly sick off the dock..i have been going to OWC lately and a couple of people there are doing raley off the dock and they look so sick...
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-21-2005, 12:23 AM Reply   
When there's ten feet left you floor it as hard as you can. At least thats what the last guy I rode with did. Shawn tell Fred thanks again for that one...

I swear if it wasn't a 2006 VLX I'd have been even more pissed off.
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       09-21-2005, 8:53 AM Reply   
Hahahahhahahhahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha hahahaahhahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha!

I knew when I saw this post that I'd hear about that one again. Actually I still feel bad about that (even though I wasn't driving), but then again it was probably the funniest thing I seen wakeboarding all summer. Look on the bright side you rode well after the fact.

And ummm why don't you tell him yourself this weekend.
Old    jowoo919            10-03-2005, 8:28 AM Reply   
i get about 6 to 10 feet from the edge of the dock and about a second after the rope gets taught the driver takes off just a little faster than with a deep water start and i just slide off the end of the dock
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-03-2005, 2:11 PM Reply   
Drive as if the rider is in the water..... You wouldnt jerk the rider up so dont jerk them off the dock. As for the rider.. jump when the boat goes, it is possible to wait until you feel a pull before you jump. The longer you wait the less deeply you'll sink in the water.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-03-2005, 3:50 PM Reply   
ouch Heavy. I'm assuming you actually did a dock start raley??
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       10-03-2005, 4:04 PM Reply   
No J-rod - he was standing on the S.S. Relief (see floating porta-potty) and got yanked so hard that he got completely face-planted. It was quite a wake up call @ 6:00am. :-)