Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 30, 2005

Old     (rkitz44)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-26-2005, 2:54 PM Reply   
Just looking for some feedback on whether the DNA core is worth the extra money vs. the Bio core on the Premier 141. I demo'd the DNA board and the pop I got compared to my state 145 was incredible. I went wake to wake with a flat slalom wake wich I couldn't do with the state. They don't have a bio in stock to test. Is the pop that much better and are there durability issues?
Old     (shavis)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-26-2005, 9:40 PM Reply   
for the price its not worth...get a bio....the premier is a bit more advanced than the state IMO....i am willing to bet that is what you felt more than anything....
Old     (rkitz44)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-28-2005, 11:58 AM Reply   
Thanks Shavis If I'm not worried about the price difference is the DNA a better board or is it too close to worry about?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-28-2005, 12:01 PM Reply   
dna is lighter, but if you're not a pro, the 1lb difference is more than likely going to be unnoticeable.

also, dna breaks "easier" than the bio core, which is why the pros ride the bio versions in tourneys.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-28-2005, 12:12 PM Reply   
to add to joe's statement, if you are a pro, the difference isn't going to matter either, you can likely do the same tricks on whatever board you choose to ride on.
Old     (rkitz44)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-28-2005, 12:13 PM Reply   
At 6'4" 270 I might be better off with the BIO then? I won't be riding rails but impact force I can't help.
Old     (rkitz44)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-29-2005, 12:31 PM Reply   
Any Final thoughts on this matter? Deciding in the next 24 hr., running out of season here in Ohio. It's a lovely 63 degrees today.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-29-2005, 4:02 PM Reply   
I rode both and felt the DNA was snappier off the wake and the landings were much softer. So I went DNA. I don't hit rails with it so I'm not worried. If it breaks, Lifetime Warranty. They started using strengthening rods through the DNA core in 03 and newer.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       09-29-2005, 8:55 PM Reply   
Have to agree with Sparky (first for everything), the difference between the DNA & Bio core is not about the weight, it's about the snappy feel, the board releases with more energy (DNA). I still have an '02 DNA Belmont hanging in the garage. Has about a million HARD miles on it, double ups & lots of slider miles, too. The board is still good, love the way it rides. Second in line behind my Absolute Platinum (also notice more energy from the Platinum compared to the regular foam core) .

BTW - 6'0", 215lbs and when I crash, it's pretty much a total train wreck

(Message edited by socalwakepunk on September 29, 2005)
Old     (bankssa)      Join Date: Mar 2003       09-30-2005, 3:50 PM Reply   
I disagree with the idea that it doesn't matter. Did you guys skip physics class? Swing (rototational) weight is a huge dynamic in any spin trick especially weight that is out on the outer edge of the board. If the board is heavy in the middle it makes much less difference than at the ends of the board.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       09-30-2005, 9:50 PM Reply   
Less than 1lb, spread out over the entire surface area of a board is not going to be noticable to a 200lb+ rider traveling 23mph forward x Xmph toward the wake.