Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 15, 2006

Old     (txrider)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-02-2006, 8:50 PM Reply   
Hey everybody, my name is Jess and I'm currently in the process of opening a new boat dealership in Dallas. We'll be carrying Epic Wake boats, Session Wakeboarding boats, and a pontoon line, Varanda. I'll be picking up my first production Epic boat at the Orlando Surf Expo and driving it back from there. I'll try and make the boat available for test drives as soon as possible.
I've ridden behind the prototype boat and the wake is absolutly increadible, the transom speakers really work and the vector rudder system pushes the boat to another level, not to mention the ridiculous power of the 8.1 liter Volvo engine.
I'd like some opinions about possible names for the dealership. Some of my choices are:

Dallas Water Sports
The Wakes Edge
NorTex Water Sports
The Wake Zone
H2O Sports
The Wake Spot
The Wake Shop
Water Boyz
Wicked Wake

I haven't checked on any infringements with these, so some may not work but if anyone has any ideas, I'd appreciate your input. You can check out some more information on the boat at www.epicboats.com.
Old     (midwesty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-02-2006, 9:50 PM Reply   
congrats and good luck
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-02-2006, 10:06 PM Reply   
simplicity always works best. i say "dallas water sports," assuming you'll have a pro shop as well.

congrats on the epic line. they're a great group of guys and the boat's sick!
Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       09-02-2006, 10:30 PM Reply   
Good work Jess,

I like how you chose Epic and Session. Those boats throw down some of the sickest wakes and are a lot different from what is already out there. I am assuming that is why you chose those two.
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-03-2006, 8:18 AM Reply   
Dallas Water Sports
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-03-2006, 9:03 AM Reply   
Dallas Water Sports is the best in my eyes as well.
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-03-2006, 3:45 PM Reply   
Hey Jesse, good luck on the dealership. I like Dallas watersports, simple and non gimmicky. I can't say much about the Epic, but Session is diffently flying under the radar.

Session has top notch wake, I'd put mine up to anything. The boats are really tigh and sold, very Nautiquish, and drive better then any other Vdrive it's size. Mike A. at Session is a class guy, and seems to be heading the organization in the right direction. Two years from now, I see them with a nice market share.

I bought me Session last year, and a very bad injury will probably keep me from using it much for wakeboarding, but I love just about everything about it.
Old     (txrider)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-03-2006, 6:55 PM Reply   
Here's a little sneak peak at the Epic I'll have in Dallas after the Surf Expo.
We'll be located very close to Lake Ray Hubbard but haven't finished all the paper work yet.
Thanks for the Input, so far my top three are

NorTex Water Sports
Dallas Water Sports
Lone Star Water Sports
Any other ideas?

I'll be more than happy to give people pulls when I get the boat and you've really gotta drive the boat to appreciate how great of a value it is. I'm trying to work something out where I'll have it in Fort Worth for Worlds. I'll keep everybody updated but my main goal when I get this boat is to let as many people experience the boat as possible.
<br>Upload
Old     (jiujitsuabs)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-04-2006, 7:36 AM Reply   
Dallas Water Sports
Big-D Water Sports
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-04-2006, 8:08 AM Reply   
Would you be willing to pull it to college station to give the texas A&M wakeboard club a test?
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-04-2006, 3:04 PM Reply   
good luck, dallas is what i would call a competitive market with well established dealers and great service.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-04-2006, 6:33 PM Reply   
Dallas also has a huge wakeboard scene and there are a lot of hardcore riders looking for a massive wake.
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-05-2006, 9:09 AM Reply   
Marketing marketing marketing... I would love to see Epics in some more established boat dealerships. I think it is much easier to establish themselves against the big boys.

When you say you are opening a new dealership, lets hope that it is not your first. Or lets hope you are coming from another dealer.

No offence, I would not want to put my product in the hands of someone who does not have a history or experience in the industry.

But if you are coming from another dealer... and you were one of the key members of that team... I am sure you will be able to bring some of your loyal client base over to get a good look at the lines you are carrying.

New boat companies can really benefit from the the buyer/dealership relationship.

It is hard enough to get a buyer to make a major purchase of an unknown or new companies product. We also say in this industry that reputation and relationship with the dealer is just as important. So there are some obstacles to overcome.

Dallas seems like an attractive market with some great dealers.

Do your homework and work with centers of influence and hope you do well.

As for names. I like simple names and ones that have catchy initials.

Dallas Water Sports - DWS - Cool logos and marketing can be done with this! Similar to DVS...

TX Water Sports - TXWS - hmm don't know about that one.

Dallas Extreme Water Sports - DEWS - Do the dew! Give away free Mountain Dew... hahaha...

Lone Star Dealer - LSD - The only high without damaging your health.
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-05-2006, 9:56 AM Reply   
ALL that Knowledge coming from a 25 yr old!!!

Lets hope you don't go into Marketing!!!
Old     (socalf150rider)      Join Date: Jun 2006       09-05-2006, 4:14 PM Reply   
lone star water sports
Old     (txrider)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-06-2006, 6:06 PM Reply   
Here's a few more pics of the boat, I'll try and get more tomm. This is one of the production boats that should be in Orlando.

Upload
Upload
Old     (evil0ne)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-06-2006, 6:34 PM Reply   
Looks amazing, if the price is right and they have a dealer in Nevada I might be willing to be a guinea pig, the all black boat on their site looks great.
Old     (lcky275)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-06-2006, 6:54 PM Reply   
Jess,

There's so much hype about this boat I think you'll do just fine. I've been waiting to see one in person since the 1st day Chris posted pics, and I have not heard of a dealer in the Nashville area, yet.

I'll be in Mckinney over the holidays. Keep us posted on the name and location. I'd love to stop by. Good Luck

I vote DWS
Old     (wakesetter101)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-06-2006, 8:19 PM Reply   
I love the looks of these boats.
Old    imbox            09-07-2006, 7:38 AM Reply   
what are the prices looking like?
Old     (tdc_worm)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-07-2006, 8:01 AM Reply   
that does look rad... is it just me, or does the interior look small for a 23' boat?
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-07-2006, 8:07 AM Reply   
That one does look pretty nice.

I've been through the black prototype. IMO, the interior is a bit shallower than other 23' boats.

The hull is extremely deep and the interior is shallow to allow room for the huge sub floor ballast system. At least that is the conclusion I came to.

It didn't strike me as overly narrow, though. Maybe just the angle on the interior picture above.