Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 15, 2006

Old     (rwb)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-28-2006, 10:04 AM Reply   
Hello there,
I live in the Pacific Northwest and might have an opportunity for a good deal on a Sanger 215V. However, there are no Sanger dealers in my area and I have never even ridden in one. I will test drive it before buying, but, my question(s) are: would you recommend buying a Sanger with out local dealer representation?(closest dealer is probably 700 miles or so) and can you give me any comparisons of the Sanger 215V to the MC X-1, BU VLX, Supras, and/or CC210? (wake and boat quality) Those are the only boats I'm familiar with. I have seen on this board that Sangers seem to be highly regarded, but, if possible what are some negatives, when compared to the other compatible boats? Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks for your advice and have a good one.
Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-28-2006, 10:16 AM Reply   
There is a dealer in Tacoma called Day Island Boatworks. The only negative to Sangers is their lack of bling. If you want an excellent wake, storage, build quality, rough water ride, and value then it's a good boat for you.
Old    mendo247            08-28-2006, 10:16 AM Reply   
the only negative i could think of is i think the interiors are just a step below mastercraft and malibu.. as far a a local dealer i wouldnt take my boat to a dealer to be worked on anyways lol... ive got an o6 215 and havent had any problems yet.. the boat will throw a world class wake with a little weight! the storage is great, i love all the big coolers and as im sure youve heard sangers are probablly the best driving and handling boats out there...
Old     (rich_g)      Join Date: May 2003       08-28-2006, 10:43 AM Reply   
most dealers will be happy to work on other brands for service work. You are not limited to just inboard dealers either. The best thing might be to find an independent boat mechanic or service shop, not associated with a dealership.
Old     (cal565)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-28-2006, 10:57 AM Reply   
I have a Sanger V-210 and the closest dealer is several hundred miles away. I just found a certified Mercruiser shop in my area to do my service work. No worries so far.
Old     (rwb)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-28-2006, 10:59 AM Reply   
Good stuff, thanks for the responses . . . and glad to hear of a dealer in Tacoma, as I'm in Spokane, which is not toooo far away (certainly closer than 700 miles). I've seen some photo's of Sangers and they seem to sit low in the water . . . is that true, and if so, do you guys have issues with rollers, when the boat is loaded with weight/ballast? I've also heard that Sangers handle great, and am excited to test drive one. Thanks again for the responses.
Old     (cal565)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-28-2006, 3:17 PM Reply   
Yes they do sit really low in the water, but its not a real issue until we have it slammed then you have to be careful how you hit rollers when going slow. Other than that it drives and handles great.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-28-2006, 3:43 PM Reply   
call the pro shop they might be closer than 700 miles.

I am in the same boat (no pun) I now live on Whidbey Island and the dealor is more than I will travel, but I confirmed with Scott Pellaton and he did say you can take it to a Merc Cert shop (and its not a dealer)and that is now what I do.

As for the interior being that inferior (thats personal pref), its still a 5year warr. mine is holding up great even with all the kids.

the 210 sits low esp when you slam it, the 215 doesn't sit that low and when I have slammed it have to try to take water over the bow (bad driving lol), like other boats when slammed.

If you ever come my way hit me up for a run.
Old     (rwb)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-28-2006, 4:05 PM Reply   
Great information everyone. Can any of you equate the wake to the other major boat brands? Size, shape, rampiness? (sp?) Kenny, where is the "pro shop?" Great profile photo by the way! How much weight are you guys running?
Thanks again.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-28-2006, 4:10 PM Reply   
never been there but a guy on the island just boat a 215 from them after seing and talking to me about mine.

there number is 360-577-1580

they do list boats on boattrader.com also
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-28-2006, 4:14 PM Reply   
right now I and running the triple ballast, then 1 50lbs sack of sand by each battery and 600lbs fat sack in the nose.

the wake is not a straight vert ramp like the MC but more like riding a half pipe, alot smoother but does not give the instant buck, more suttle. buts thats my opinon and ride a X-2(03) alot as we switch boats. as for the BU only ridin a handful of times and it been over a year so I can't say on that.
Old     (rwb)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-28-2006, 5:11 PM Reply   
Hey Kenny,
Thanks for giving me the phone number . . . I just called them and they are sending information about the 215V. The salesman was saying that the wake is more vertical than the X-1/X-2/X-Star/205V, but, that it was a smoother wake. Does that sound accurate to you? He also confirmed that the 215 sits taller in the water by 4" or so than the 210.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-28-2006, 5:19 PM Reply   
yes it does sit taller, never measured.

Maybe the new MC's which I havent ridden, there are plenty of people who do also ride both here in the forums also.
Old     (cmeriptahoe)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-28-2006, 6:00 PM Reply   
ryan got it right. the only negative is the lack of bling inside. the inside is still great just not as flashy as other companies. top tops in ride especially in rough water and the wake is great. tons of storage too. i just got a v230 and it is great.
Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       08-28-2006, 6:08 PM Reply   
Barrett;

I was hoping someone else would give you a evaluatoion of the wake. From some current X2 owners who's names are seen very frequently accross this board they have had nothing but love for my 215 wake. I run close to 2000 lbs and no one has knocked the wake yet. I am currently running it with the fixed plate but have the hydraulic plate (sitting in the garage for 2 years now) and don't have any issues. Not one mechanical issue to date. Great boats and the best bang for the buck. Not a bling machine but they have the options to do that also.
Old     (angrygolucky)      Join Date: Jun 2006       09-02-2006, 2:12 AM Reply   
Are there any opinions on the 230 vs. the 215.... I think the 210 is too small for what I'm looking at next year, and the low ride doesnt sit well with me, but would love to hear about the 215 vs. 230..
Thanks guys!
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-02-2006, 6:53 AM Reply   
230 is BIG....

it takes alot more weight to sink.

great boat. If you don't need that much room go with the 215.
Old     (jovedawake)      Join Date: Mar 2006       09-02-2006, 8:35 AM Reply   
I have ridden behind a V215 and a V230 many times. My family owns the V230.

Both throw a great wake. I personally, and even the owner of the V215, like the V230's wake much better. I think it has better shape, but that is all in preference. I think the V230 has a nice, rampy wake, while the V215 has more of a vertical wake.

If I were you, I would test drive them both...see if you need/want the extra room...check out the wake...and then make your decision.

Both are great boats! I mean after all, it is a Sanger.
Old     (angrygolucky)      Join Date: Jun 2006       09-03-2006, 1:33 PM Reply   
You know, its funny... I've never thought about the size of the boat versus the size of the ballast required to press it down... I'm trying to do as much homework on all of this as I can, but that explains some of the specs I've been reading..
Thanks guys for the info and food for thought..... God I cant wait until next spring!!! hahahahaha!!
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-05-2006, 10:13 AM Reply   
Angry Mike...

Thus, the reason for many people still liking 20 foot boats. You can use 1000lbs ballast and get a great wake... and still fit into a garage and much nice for towing...

Opposed to a 23 foot boat where you may need 3000lbs of ballast...
Old     (angrygolucky)      Join Date: Jun 2006       09-07-2006, 1:02 AM Reply   
True.... I guess I'll be looking @ 21-23ft models... I need the combination of both size and versatility... Like the Sanger 215, maybe 230... Moomba LSV, not XLV.... Tige 22 ( not 24) etc....
Now I just need to test drive em!
Old     (angrygolucky)      Join Date: Jun 2006       09-07-2006, 2:52 PM Reply   
One more question... Every Sanger Pic Ive seen shows a bow filler cushion.. Is that removable?
Thanks!
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-07-2006, 3:47 PM Reply   
yep
Old     (angrygolucky)      Join Date: Jun 2006       09-11-2006, 12:54 AM Reply   
I've seen the 230 and 215 in person now, and can see different advantages to each. Both are sweet boats!
Are the towers collapsible?

And are their stock stereo systems any good or do you guys opt to do the system afterward?
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-11-2006, 6:08 AM Reply   
yes the towers fold down, and always add more to the stereo.
Old     (jovedawake)      Join Date: Mar 2006       09-11-2006, 6:13 AM Reply   
yeah, what kenny said.