Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 08, 2003

Old    ratm3706            06-03-2003, 2:31 PM Reply   
What are the best deals on older wake boats. years 80-up. I am looking at all the manufacturers and was wondering what boat was the best wakeboat from each. i.e. Ski Natique-nautiqu2001. thanks for the help.
Old     (808wake)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-05-2003, 2:30 AM Reply   
Daniel
I can only give you the 411 on my 85 ski natique 2001. I got this boat about a year ago and love the boat to death. The wake is sweet with about 350lbs of lead up front under the closed bow, 250lbs lead stacked on the gas tank and a tank full of gas. As far as space for fat sacks, wakeboards, and personnel gear on my boat sucks. I got a real good deal for this boat. It was in storage for 6 years, had 350 hours and original trailer. Even through i got my boat in tip top condition, i had to spend money on things that will go out with time, like exhaust, riser, belts and hoses. For the right price I would go with any 2001 nati.

Sorry for the long post
Aloha
Paul
Old     (3puttwilson)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-05-2003, 9:16 AM Reply   
I had a 99 MasterCraft Prostar 205 Direct Drive. It has the same hull as the 99 xstar. I put a ZeroFlex tower on it and added 2,000 lbs of ballast. The only reason I upgraded was to get auto ballast and the v drive configuration. If you don't mind having fat sacs in the floor it is awesome.
Old    suprafly            06-05-2003, 6:33 PM Reply   
My personal favorite in older boats is definately the Supra Sunsport. Sure I am biased especially since you will find mine on sale under the classified ads on this site, price dropped to $13,800 by the way (sorry for the plug).

For real though they are a great boat because they are a deeper hull boat which makes a big wake and rides nice. They were the platform for the first 4 years of the Supra Launch and have the same hull as that boat but under $40k. Plus you won't find any other boat in the pre V-Drive era that can fit as many people and have anywhere near the storage. Check them out.
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       06-05-2003, 7:57 PM Reply   
I ride behind a 1987 four winns horizon 170
Old    indo            06-05-2003, 8:47 PM Reply   
i have 93 nautique excel. its a v drive i plumbed in an autoaballast with a full sack under the bow and 2 full sacks beside the engine and some lead throughout the boat. it has a very sweet wake with all the wieght hidden.
Old     (jayc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-06-2003, 2:50 AM Reply   
1989 mastercraft pro comp. Same hull as early pro star. I run a full fat seat (approx 1000lbs) plus usually about 5 people in the boat and the wake is very nice. Maybe a little wide but nice shape. You can pick these up fairly cheap and have more room than a correct craft 2001.
Old    jmccallum            06-06-2003, 9:51 AM Reply   
hey Chris,

I still ride behind an 180 FourWinns

P.S. I tought you were someone else...

(Message edited by jmccallum on June 06, 2003)