Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 08, 2003

Old    toe_knee            05-30-2003, 6:50 PM Reply   
Ok Ok, I know someone is going to tell me if your in the boat you should be wakeboarding, but to tell you the truth, sometimes I just get tired and want to chill wtih a movie.

Since my recently purchased Mooomba did not come with a CD player, I bought a DVD?CD?MP3 player, which I have mounted in the storage area behind the passngers seat.

It works good, though I don't have much of a system to support it (stock).

I am considering running a 13 to 15" home video screen, which I would make to quick mount to hang from my tower, stationary viewing only. I figure I will by the extended warranty package ($$$) and try to be good about putting it away when moving.

My question is first, will it work and 2nd, how should I power it. Since it is ment for home audio, It is 110V, I figure I could buy an inverter, it really doesn't draw that much power (30 Watts) as it is a flat screen LCD display, think laptop computer running 4 hours on tiny battery. The second option would be to take advange of the fact that the screen uses a power inverter to transform 110 to 12 Volts, a voltage which happens to be readilly available. I guess my concern is that perhaps the voltage from the battery will be two dirty(11.8 to perhaps 13 V), so I am wondering if they sell good filters, to limit and clean DC voltage, or if I am better off just using the inverter.

Any thoughts on the subject will be considered.

Tony
Drive fast, take chances
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       05-30-2003, 6:57 PM Reply   
yea that should work, for power, i would get a 2nd battery to power that, so u dont drain the main battery, we have had abttery problems before... so get a 2nd
Old    toe_knee            05-30-2003, 7:11 PM Reply   
Sorry Chris,

I guess I don't know which route you think will work, inverter, or straight to 12 volts?

Thanks again,
Tony

2nd battery is in long term plans, with sound system, but I bought the boat, tower, board, bindings, rope, lifejackets, ect. ect so I would prefer to put that off a year.
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-30-2003, 7:12 PM Reply   
Have you looked at the price of a 13" LCD screen? Still way expensive! You could buy a 13" travel TV that runs is AC/DC for about $200 - but it wouldn't look good hanging from your tower. Another problem is viewing an LCD since most are extremely hard to see in bright light. It sounds like fun but think about how much you would really use it.