Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 08, 2003

Old     (ofwc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-02-2003, 2:29 PM Reply   
I've seen a black material that looks like fish net tubing used to encase speaker wires. What is this called, and where is it sold?

Also, what is the best quick discconnect for an 8 wire (4 speaker) in-line application at the tower hinge, and where is it sold?

Thanks!!!
Old     (sdub)      Join Date: Jan 2003       06-02-2003, 4:15 PM Reply   
For the disconnect, I found the best selection at my local electronic supply store. Noble makes a nice water ressistant 4 pin and 8 pin connector. Pick up some shrink wrap for a little extra protection.
Old    whitechocolate            06-03-2003, 7:13 AM Reply   
BT I guess you talking about this stuff?

You have to look around some electronic stores carry it and some don't Radio Shack will not have something like this so don't waste your time. I found the Webbin and the Connector your talking about at the same place a local electronic supply store San Mateo Electronic's If you look at my Website you can see more photo of what your looking for. You can find the connectors in 9 Pin or 16 Pin they are reffered to as quick disconect 9 or 16 pin "Pig Tail's"

Old     (ofwc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-03-2003, 6:56 PM Reply   
Grant,

That's exactly what I want. I'll have to see if I can track down a local supplier.

You don't have a manufacturer's name on the 9-pin, do you?

Thanks!
Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-03-2003, 8:00 PM Reply   
http://www.cabletiesplus.com/sleeves.cfm
Old     (ofwc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-03-2003, 8:42 PM Reply   
Thanks, Rod...It always helps to know the name of what you are looking for!

Doing a Google search on expandable sleeving yields a ton of options for the material.

That said, I still can't find anything on the 9-pin connectors...
Old    sickboy            06-04-2003, 8:28 AM Reply   
http://www.russellind.com/Russell/connect/main.htm
Old    whitechocolate            06-04-2003, 9:18 AM Reply   
Sorry I looked all over the connectors and saw nothing to let you know what your looking for. Ill call San Mateo Electronics.650-341-8731
They say they are called made by Amp "Round Din Connectors" $4.80 each Boss use's the same style one's mabey they can tell ya 916 631 8933 be sure to use a wier big enough to power your needs' "Tip" If the wire is to large it makes it real hard for the wire to fit into the small hole where the wire sildes into you have to end up trimming the plastic shielding so it fit's threw nice "Good Luck" If you have and Basic Skill's you will have no problem
Old    markb            06-04-2003, 9:25 AM Reply   
not sure if these are what you are looking for, but it may be so here.....

http://www.action-electronics.com/ampcpc.htm
Old    whitechocolate            06-04-2003, 9:30 AM Reply   
Mark B Thats What I used
Old    sickboy            06-04-2003, 12:53 PM Reply   
Same connectors, action has better pictures.
Old     (ofwc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-04-2003, 6:32 PM Reply   
That's awesome - Thanks guys!

I never cease to be amazed by the response on this message board. I have learned so many things by just checking in here and posting a few questions every once in a while.

By the way, Grant, your boat and website are the benchmark by which I judge all wakeboard boat fanatics...You're a tough act to follow! Great ideas all throughout your install...

I'm spending all my free cash getting the boat together. One day I'll get a digital camera and post pics!
Old    whitechocolate            06-05-2003, 6:47 AM Reply   
BT Thanks for your coments: and Please Keep the Stoke going by putting somthing together to share with other people. We are in the throws of Putting together a website full of Boat's like myn There ton's out there we just neeed to see more photo's and story's. People Just like your self with out Camera's & have thing's to show but just know way of showing. Bummer! You will see somthing here on W.W if we ever get it off the ground