Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 08, 2003

Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-12-2003, 8:16 PM Reply   
Hey guys. I'm putting together a project and I would like to see all of your Supra and Moomba boat pictures. I pic of the boat from the side would be nice but not necessary. Thanks.
Old    oldschool            05-13-2003, 6:09 AM Reply   
Old    damnation            05-13-2003, 8:24 AM Reply   
Craig, I think your board racks are at capacity. Just kidding man. Nice Launch, you should have thrown that picture in the other post too.
Old    oldschool            05-13-2003, 8:36 AM Reply   
Haha, you love it! Those are the cheapest board racks. I made 'em out of steel for $30. They'd work good in fresh water, but the salt tears them up.
Old     (bcoppinger)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-13-2003, 1:26 PM Reply   
here you go:
Old    allterr1            05-13-2003, 1:33 PM Reply   
Everyone else BUT me has pictures of my boat. All I have is my profile picture, but since then i've added tower speakers, bimini, and racks....I'll be taking more pictures this weekend..
Old    wkeboardr7            05-13-2003, 2:33 PM Reply   
Here....
Old     (fogey)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-13-2003, 2:51 PM Reply   
Here 'tis:
Old     (bcoppinger)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-13-2003, 3:16 PM Reply   
try again
Old    keithf            05-13-2003, 7:51 PM Reply   
At the factory lake - first test run. Camera has wrong color balance.

Running in. Yes, it's the same boat a few weeks later.

View from the handle.

Bad bug day.

Hope that's enough?
Old    stormrider            05-14-2003, 11:33 AM Reply   
Jon:
My 02 Moomba Mobius LSV is still broke, and I'm basically getting nothing but lip service from Skier's Choice. I'd post a picture of my boat, but looks can be deceiving!

Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-15-2003, 5:59 AM Reply   
Need some Moomba representation here.

boat
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-15-2003, 6:56 AM Reply   
Here is my 2001 Mobius V with new Moomba graphics.
01 Mobius V
Old    danp            05-15-2003, 8:10 AM Reply   
Bo what the f is that crazy mother doing standing on the side of your boat at that speed?
Old     (rickt)      Join Date: May 2002       05-15-2003, 8:15 AM Reply   
CLiff,

There has been communication(from both the dealer and the our Customer Service dept) with Steve regarding his Mob LSV and trailer. And the issues that he has raised and the solution that he has proposed. I do not feel that this is the appropriate place to communicate those conversations. Sorry.

Rick Tinker
Old     (salty87)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-15-2003, 9:41 AM Reply   
rick- it looks like cliff's moomba representation comment was just to show off his ride. pics have been loading slow for me, may be the same for you.

how 'bout an oldie?....

Old     (jeffr)      Join Date: May 2002       05-15-2003, 10:07 AM Reply   
Cliff was just showing his Mob Pride. Yep the wake is NICE!

Rick, I agree with you about the misplaced posts… but since you are here….

How much weigh does the locker sack from a 2003 LSV hold… Looked to me like you could not add much more weight than the stock bag holds… can you get a bigger sack in there??
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-15-2003, 10:18 AM Reply   
Rick,

Huhhhhhhhhhhhh???

I think you may have misunderstood my intentions. I was merely adressing the fact that nobody had posted a pic of a Moomba yet.

I've had nothing but great things to say about my boat. Look at any archived Skier's Choice discussion, and you'll see that I always represent your line in a positive light.

Old     (rickt)      Join Date: May 2002       05-15-2003, 10:37 AM Reply   
Sorry Cliff,

I thought you were referring to answering the above post(need some Moomba Representation here).

I have no doubt about your postings!!! Thanks for all your support. And I agree!! WE NEED SOME MOOMBA REPRESENTATION HERE

Sorry for the confusion,

Jeff, The rear bags are 250# each, but you can go up to 500#.

Rick
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-15-2003, 12:12 PM Reply   
Hey Rick,,, thanks again for sending the survey

Old    buckey            05-15-2003, 1:25 PM Reply   
mine
Old    stormrider            05-15-2003, 2:00 PM Reply   
I totally disagree with Rick's inference that Skier's Choice and/or the dealer have proposed some kind of reasonable solution for fixing my boat. From the private messages I've received at least I know I'm not alone.
Old     (phaeton)      Join Date: Feb 2002       05-15-2003, 7:01 PM Reply   
Steven not sure what the problem is but if it was a Skiers Choice problem it would be fixed. Rick is a stand up guy. Ask anyone on any meassage board and you will get the same answer.

www.Wake-Me.com
Old    keithf            05-15-2003, 8:02 PM Reply   
Yep, I second Phaeton's comment. Matt Brown at Skiers Choice is great!
Old    loudliquid1221            05-16-2003, 7:05 AM Reply   
Representing my '01 Mob-V with '02 graphics.
Old     (lehmur)      Join Date: Oct 2001       05-16-2003, 8:03 AM Reply   
Here's mine...

Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-16-2003, 10:17 AM Reply   
Thanks guys for all the pics. George Aslinger, how much was the new Moomba graphics? I'm looking in to getting the new graphics for my '01 Mobius. Keep the pics coming, here is my Mobius.
Old    stormrider            05-16-2003, 12:59 PM Reply   
Problem with Skier's Choice and Island Marine in Riverside, CA., is this: they will not provide to me sufficient assurance that they will do the warranty work (transmission repair) in a timely fashion. All they say is they'll pick up the boat and fix it. I've already had the boat back three times for relatively simple stuff and it sat in the shop for 6 weeks-- and this was in the wintertime. To fix the transmission, the motor's probably coming out. I want assurances and security that the repairs will be done in two weeks. That's plenty of time. I've been around boats awhile and I've been burned plenty by how slow it takes shops to get work done. I would like to think I've learned from my past mistakes.

I am not being unreasonable with Matt Brown or with Island Marine. I am not doing things anything different than any other serious rider would be were they in my position.

I'm happy to answer anybody's questions or concerns. Maybe these things are better left to private messages, though.

Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-16-2003, 6:01 PM Reply   
My boat was in for some warranty work and I had the sundeck and graphics changed. I didn't get a itemized bill for the work. I don't think it's appropriate to post the cost because of the lack of detail. I believe Skiers Choice and my dealer have treated me real well on the warrenty repairs and upgrades.
Old    pherret            05-16-2003, 8:27 PM Reply   
Here go...'03 Mobius we've had in the water for 2 weeks
Mobe_1
Old     (soonerboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-17-2003, 1:33 PM Reply   
Here goes. It looks a little different now, with more tower stuff, but you get the drift:

pic1
pic2
Old    cws_kahuna            05-19-2003, 7:14 AM Reply   
I'll throw in a couple of pics.
2001 Mobius and 2003 Avalanche without body clading.

2001 Mobius

2003 Avalanche & 2001 Mobius
Old     (suprarider)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-20-2003, 9:44 AM Reply   
our '02
Text description
Old     (suprarider)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-20-2003, 9:57 AM Reply   
our '02
Text description
Old     (dan_lee)      Join Date: Jan 2003       05-21-2003, 1:13 PM Reply   
Just unwrapped the SSV from plastic yesterday and photochopped the demo graphic thanks to Steve at Cortez visual communication
Old     (flydoc)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-26-2003, 1:17 AM Reply   
98 mobius, she's new for me. The picture doesn't do the metalic flake gel coat justice.
98 mobius
Old    supraboarder            05-28-2003, 6:17 PM Reply   
I'll post pics of mine as soon as I get home, but I had to chime in about Skiers Choice. They have been nothing but a pleasure to work with ever since we bought our boat(about 2 years ago). As with any new boat, car, house, or anything else, you're going to have some kinks to work out in the beginning, luckily, we haven't had anything big like transmission work needed, but for everything else, they've been fine. More than satisfied with Rick and team.
Old    stormrider            05-29-2003, 3:46 PM Reply   
It's pretty easy to be a great company when the problems aren't that big. True measure is found when something really goes bad. I've had my boat in for service three times already (6 weeks total)for the same transmission leak, in addition to a litany of other problems.

Skier's Choice response now: shrug, ho hum, take a day out, drive 90 miles up to the dealer, drop off your boat, it'll get fixed when it gets fixed and we have no idea when that'll be, then take another day off to drive 90 miles back up to Island Marine in Corona and pick your boat up when we tell you it's ready. Shrug, shrug and more shrug.

Lesson learned: If you're gonna buy an "inexpensive" boat, definitely don't buy it from a dealer 90 miles away!
Old     (dan_lee)      Join Date: Jan 2003       05-29-2003, 5:51 PM Reply   
Well the problem you are having with your transmission would be found in any boat that is powered by Indmar. There are several boat makers that have this brand in their unit as a powerplant, some "higher priced" than others.
Best of luck with getting your boat back on the water soon so you can enjoy!

Mine hit the lake for the 1st time today (see pic posted above)
Old    stormrider            05-30-2003, 11:02 AM Reply   
Yeah, the power train will eventually get fixed. I'm just disappointed with Skier's Choice. I was told that the Moomba boat was inexpensive but a good value. It's not. It's really a stripped-down boat and I'm very concerned about durability.

I also thought, and was led to believe, they'd have a better overall warranty program-- more than just the same ol same ol. I've found that, contrary to the website posturing, they have a very average, maybe even below average warranty package. It's not "hey, you will have quality service in a timely fashion-- guaranteed" it's "well, we're really sorry about this being the 4th time the boat's coming back, but if you want us to take another stab at it, take a day out of your schedule to bring us the boat, we'll get to it whenever,and when it's done we'll let you know and you can take another day out of your schedule to pick the boat up-- and we'll see if we got it right this time."

In other words, Skier's Choice is not different.

A wise thing Moomba/Supra owners could do is demand that Skier's Choice conform to a higher standard; why?-- because one of my fellow owners could very, very easily end up in my shoes.
Old    cws_kahuna            05-30-2003, 12:03 PM Reply   
Steven,
Sorry to hear you're having problems with your boat. It's to bad that Island Marine is so far from your pad. I also go through Island Marine. They have been really great to me though, as well as Skier's Choice. I am not sure why you think Moomba boats are not a good value. Is it because you're having a trans problem? That can happen with any boat. I also bought my Moomba for the price/performance it brings. I have just never thought my boat was not a good value. I knew when I was purchasing the boat it was like comparing a toyota to a lexus (nice but not luxury).

I bought my boat from Paradise when they had the Moomba Line. You want to talk about horrible service, let's just say it's a true blessing Island Marine now has Moomba.

Have you tried talking to Matt Brown at Skiers Choice? Maybe you can setup something with a local dealer to you since this has been a re-accuring problem for you. Just a thought, Goodluck and I hope you get your boat back ASAP in good working order.
Old    stormrider            05-30-2003, 12:17 PM Reply   
Have dealt with the Skier's Choice people at length. After three unsuccessful attempts to fix the boat I made this offer to Rob Loucks at Skier's Choice: they make an appointment with Indmar to fix the boat-- in other words I'll wait my turn; day before the apppointment, Island picks up; Indmar has 2 weeks to fix the boat, and if it takes longer, Skier's Choice pays me $75/day until the boat is back.

I think that's totally reasonable, but was told sorry, I have to bring the boat to Island Marine, again, they'll take it to Indmar, Indmar will get to it when they get to it and when it's ready they'll call and I can drive 180 miles round trip, blow another day and another $50 in gas to pick the boat up.

Richard, this could happen to you. Skier's Choice isn't singling me out. I am experiencing their warranty package. Same ol same ol.

My personal opinion is that it's long past time that we drag the boat manufacturers, kicking and screaming if necessary, into the 21st century and let them know that the old way of doing business is over. This sport is a luxury. Luxury car dealers don't treat their customers like this. What's especially irritating is that Skier's Choice tries to come off as being different by hitting the websites, and sending "we feel your pain" e-mails.

Bad spot: I either continue dealing with the problem or I let the boat go for who knows how long in the middle of the riding season (obviously Skier's Choice is thinking it's longer than 2 weeks or they would have taken my offer.)

It'll all work out. I'm more convinced now than ever, though, that you should buy a boat from a local dealer that has the capacity to service what they sell. As for wakeboarding boats, it's a demanding sport and spending more probably means you will also get a boat that is more durable so it's probably a better idea.

Moomba's are a good looking boat with a great wake. Sorry for the rest of this "cold water."
Old     (bjbatch)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-01-2003, 10:43 PM Reply   
Old    exdeckboater2            06-02-2003, 6:00 AM Reply   
Here's our 2002 Legacy. Not new anymore, but the only picture I have on this PC.

I had one issue with our boat when we first got it. Mostly a mess up at the dealer, but Skier's Choice and Rick Tinker straightened it out for us. Skier's Choice is great!!

2002 Legacy
Old    oldschool            06-02-2003, 7:29 AM Reply   
Bruce, what tower is that? I like it!
Old     (fogey)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-02-2003, 7:38 AM Reply   
Steve, it doesn't seem very "reasonable" to expect the boat builder to pay you $75/day ($2250 per month!) for the time it takes Indmar to repair a transmission. That's completely out of Skiers Choice's control. Have you ever heard of any other boat builder doing this? Plus, it's clear from all the literature that the powertrain is warranted by Indmar, not Skiers Choice (or MC, or BU, etc.).

It looks like a large part of your displeasure arises from the fact that you are 90 miles from the dealer. Neither Skiers Choice nor the dealer can do anything about that.

Supra is the only new boat I've owned, so I can't directly compare Skiers Choice to other boat builders in after-sale support. I have, however, received excellent service and support from Skiers Choice and my dealer, working hand-in-hand. Many, many others here have attested to the same type of treatment.

As for getting better durability because you spend more, you might want to check out the "problems with my 02 x star" thread in the wakeboarding discussion topic. This not a slam on MC -- they make great boats. But it does show that spending more does not guarantee problem-free ownership.
Old    stormrider            06-02-2003, 8:11 AM Reply   
Jeff: The reason the boat guys get away with this "not my responsibility, man" stuff is because we let them. And they won't change until we collectively stand up and say enough is enough.

Buy a Lexus, do you think if the transmission (and analogizing to my boat-- the guages, and the suspension system, and the alternator and a bunch of other little stuff) goes bad the dealer and manufacturer are going to throw up their hands and say it's some subcontractor's responsibility go bug them?

As long as we make excuses and parse warranty language and cover for the manufacturers they will continue to act the way they do. I lost the "reliable boat" warranty this round. You lost with the X-Star. These guys will change, but only if we expect and to a certain degree demand change from them-- all of them.

I appreciate your thoughts. Sorry about the X-Star. Good luck with your new boat.
Old    stormrider            06-02-2003, 8:52 AM Reply   
Here's another piece on this stuff; I would like to get out of my Moomba and into a Nautique. Here's what I'm told is the policy of the local Nautique dealer in San Diego:

"Sorry to hear about your problems with your boat. If you ever decide to sell it and buy locally, let me know. I can help you work out a deal on used or new Nautiques at M2O Marine in Pacific Beach . . . The service department at M2O tries to turn around all boats in for regular service (oil, tranny, impeller, annual service) THE SAME DAY and all other service within 4 working days."

Old    supraboarder            06-02-2003, 10:20 AM Reply   
Steven, I agree that we should hold dealers to a higher standard as I have had some problems in the past, but I disagree with you on blaming moomba/skiers choice for this problem. Do you think you're going to solve your problem by buying another brand of boats? What happens if you have a problem with the new boat? Sounds to me like it's between you and your dealer, most other people have had great experiences with skiers choice. And as far as the M2O Marine's service department trying to turn boats around that quickly, thats great and all, but my local mcdonalds has a sign that says they're goal is to get a customer's food to them at the drive through in less than 90 seconds. I can't remember the last time I got my food in 90 seconds. I guess what I'm trying to say is just cause they say the'll "try" to do reg service same day and all other work in 4 working days, it doesn't always happen like that.
Old    stormrider            06-02-2003, 11:14 AM Reply   
Shawn: Good points. Just to recap: when I bought the boat, the material apparently said Boatmate warrants the trailer. Indmar warrants the powertrain. Skier’s Choice warrants the hull. Nope, I didn’t read the stuff before I bought the boat.

Skier’s Choice has been helpful. I’ve spoken with Rob Loucks, and he has tried to get everything coordinated. Grudgingly, Island Marine has said they will come down and pick up and then deliver the boat when it’s ready. Indmar has said, apparently, that they will do the repairs. Again, this is the fourth time and the boat’s already been in the shop 6 weeks over the winter.

One of the issues has been the time to do the work. To Indmar my guess is warranty work sucks from their perspective because it does not pay. What surprised me is that Skier’s Choice has basically told me they have very little control over what Indmar does or when they do it. That adds up to me to mean this: in the summertime I’m probably not gonna be seeing this boat for awhile.

Skier’s Choice is not treating me any different than they’d treat you if your Supra breaks. But I personally think that should change and that we boat owners need to make it clear to Skier’s Choice that if stuff goes really bad we expect them to be able to crack the whip on their suppliers and get pretty close to guaranteeing that stuff will happen pronto. What we have now is Skier’s Choice saying we’ll try and help but we really have no control over Indmar or when they do things.

Why am I going towards another boat? Odds. No guarantees: that’s understood. My sense is that the best way of increasing my chances that the boat doesn’t break in the first place is to buy a more expensive boat. A Mobius LSV is not a SAN. I also think I’ll have better service turnaround if I buy from a local dealer with better service capacity.

Then again, as noted in one of the earlier posts, you can buy an X-Star and have a pile of problems. What I’m trying to do is increase my overall odds.
Old     (bjbatch)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-02-2003, 11:37 AM Reply   
Steven - You have a lot of good points, but the marine industry is never going to make it to the Lexus standard you are referencing. They just do not have the volume levels to sustain the level of service the auto manufacturers do. Plus, they do not make their own engines and that is why they have the engine manufacturer warranty the engine. In this case, you actually are in a fortunate position with Island Marine. The Indmar west coast facility is only a couple miles from their shop. I don't know all the particulars, but it seems like you are frustrated and they are likely frustrated and that creates some animosity. This is perhaps leading to it all taking longer than it should. I have to tell you Island Marine has been phenomenal to me. In my opinion these guys are pure boat guys and will do anything to get you on the water. I know Steve (the owner) has even driven a part all the way to the river once for a customer whose boat broke down on vacation. I have stopped in a few times for small things and they help me out on the spot. Last summer I was on vacation and had a small problem (disconnected wire on circuit panel). I called Island Marine and their tech was on vacation. I told them not to worry about it. An hour later my phone rings and it is the tech calling from his vacation spot to see if he could help me. These are the kind of guys that I like to buy boats from! My previous dealer in SoCal was the complete opposite for customer service. You can buy a Nautique, and they may have a bigger service department, but you can have the same problems with the same GM 350 engine. You can also run into lengthy delays there due to their volume. The 4-day turnaround is a nice marketing policy, but in the heat of summer it could be very unachievable, especially if they are waiting on a part from PCM, or for PCM to perform a technical review to solve a problem their tech cannot diagnose.

Believe me I have been there before and I know it gets frustrating. Try you best to relax and work with these guys, and I know they will do backflips to make you happy and get you on the water.
Old     (bjbatch)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-02-2003, 11:39 AM Reply   
Craig It is a 2001 model Phat Tower (before they went to the Extreme Phat Tower). I love the swoop of that model tower on the Supra.
Old    supraboarder            06-02-2003, 11:46 AM Reply   
I can completely identify with you on lugging the boat back and forth to the dealer for stuff that shoulda been fixed the first time(actually shouldn't have broken in the first place). It's so nice to have a dealer that cares enough to come and pick it up, however it would have been nicer if they realized that they screwed up on the service work and offered to pick the boat up from me without me having to call them everyday for 2 weeks. The only thing I still don't agree with is the idea that buying a more expensive boat will lessen the chances of something breaking. It's just not how things go. The interesting thing is most of the boat companies use much of the same parts as all the other ones, such as indmar. Any boat you buy is going to have the chance to be a lemon, anyone buying a boat is taking that risk reguardless of brand. I think if people saw this, they'd chime in and tell you of problems with every company, I know of some people that buy very expensive boats(ie SANTE, Xstar, etc etc) that end up having more problems with them than people I know with a POS 1986 Nautique... It's up to you in the end, just offering my opinions.
Old    wantboatnow            06-02-2003, 2:24 PM Reply   
After reading this, it just wants to make me laugh. I like the whole Lexus thing, but whats different with that and all boats, Lexus makes every part for their cars, so of course they are going to cover it there, and not tell you to go else where. In a boat, you have many different brands built into the boat. Look at the gauges, Skiers Choice doesnt make then, look at the steering cable, its not made by Skiers Choice. When I bought my Malibu, my owners packet if full of warrenty card and information on each manufacturer and their warrentys. Honestly 6 weeks during the winter isnt that bad. I could understand if it was the middle of summer and it was in their 6 weeks straight. There could be a problem with that, as most would agree. I know my boat cost more then yours, but that doesnt mean its not gonna have a problem. Is this your first boat? If not, you should know that boats always have problems, no matter what. I just feel that you are going about this very poorly, and with what you are saying about the dealer and skiers choice, they may chose to not serve you anymore.

Did you make an appointment for all your times you brought the boat in? When ever you take something in, it will always sit there for a period of time until they can start working on it. Ive always had an appointment for repairs, and my boat has been at the dealer for about 4 to 5 weeks also, but im not here bitching about it. Its a part of owning a boat, things will always break and have problems. A lot of the ways people are willing to help out is when you are nice to them, and they will tend to be nice to you. Telling the manufacturer you fix it in two weeks or start paying me is not the way to go about it, especially when its an Indmar problem, not a SC manufacturer defect. Now if your hull fails, I can understand some anger and then maybe say fix it or pay.

Just giving you some of my opinions on this situation.
Old    stormrider            06-02-2003, 3:33 PM Reply   
Bruce, I think you've hit the nail on the head-- because of volume, boat manufacturers can't do things the way things are done in the auto industry. I'm looking at a SAN. It'll be interesting to see what CC's deal is all about.
Old     (bjbatch)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-02-2003, 5:18 PM Reply   
Also, there are dozens and dozens of boat companies, and really only a handful of car companies in the whole world. If we insist on automotive style care, the boat manufacturers will by necessity need to consolidate and streamline. Then we, the consumers, lose because innovation and creative product development will be stifled for the sake of an efficient production run. I would rather buy a boat from a company that minimizes their fixed costs and maximizes their product development. They will be the one with the greatest ideas and best service.
Old     (fogey)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-02-2003, 5:43 PM Reply   
The story seems to change almost daily. On May 31, it was "I have to bring the boat to Island Marine, again." On June 2, it's "Grudgingly, Island Marine has said they will come down and pick up and then deliver the boat when it’s ready."

That means the dealer has agreed to two 180-mile round trips in order to arrange service for one of the least expensive wakeboard boats available. And the service will be performed by Indmar, which means the dealer gets zilch or near zilch off this deal. So, what's your complaint, again? That they weren't thrilled to drive 360 miles? Sheesh.

Others have said great things about your dealer, and your own story reflects an extraordinary effort on their part. My guess is that Island Marine (justifiably) will be as happy as you are when you get a Nautique.
Old    stormrider            06-02-2003, 6:33 PM Reply   
Keep it up, Jeff. I'm sure that some manufacturers read posts like yours and they become more convinced than ever that they don't have to change the way they do business one bit, and when you're the next loser at the boat reliability game, you'll sit at home with your boat in the shop and have nobody to blame but yourself.

You are missing the issue.

As to the facts, they change because the situation is fluid as my negotiations with Skier's Choice develop. I'm surprised that you'd jump to conclusions, but that is to your embarrassment.

I'm getting off the questionable boat merry-go-round. I want a reliable boat with a killer warranty from a dealer that has the demonstrated capacity to service what they sell. If you want question marks, go ahead. I've explained to you how Skier's Choice will deal with you if you end up in my position and if you think that's acceptable, have fun when your boat breaks.
Old    keithf            06-02-2003, 7:49 PM Reply   
Attention Steven E. Cowen! This is a positive thread about Supra and Moomba boat owner pics. You are seriously ruining the vibe here. I think I speak for most here when I say "We heard ya the first time, no need to post 20+ times rehashing it. If you want to bitch some more about how your situation sucks, start a new thread."

(Message edited by keithf on June 02, 2003)
Old     (wake_eater)      Join Date: May 2003       06-02-2003, 8:14 PM Reply   
i hope u guys can help me with this one-- i just noticed some hairline cracks under the front cushion at the bow of my 00 outback ls. i keep it in dry storage.(they lift it in & out of the water with a forklift) i bought the boat used and dont think they were there when i purchased it. the fiberglass dude at the marina said it was pretty normal with all boats. anyone else experience this? this is my first boat & i'm kinda ignorant about fiberglass.
Old    oldschool            06-03-2003, 6:57 AM Reply   
I have some hairlinme cracks under a few cushions on the boat. I believe it's normal. I've seen this sort of thing on many boats. As long as you can't see them, I say don't worry.
Old     (wake_eater)      Join Date: May 2003       06-03-2003, 2:38 PM Reply   
ok, cool--- thanks, craig. other than that i love the boat. i need to post a pic soon.
Old     (fogey)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-03-2003, 8:15 PM Reply   
Well, FWIW, my Supra did have a problem that involved an "iffy" warranty issue. I dealt with the same people you have--Rob, Matt, and Rick. But I wasn't the "next loser." In fact, the resolution was more than fair and far better than I expected. I, for one, hope Skiers Choice does not change the way they do business.

Looks like some are skilled at making demands and complaining, while others are skilled at finding win-win solutions.
Old    bigdaddy            06-04-2003, 3:00 AM Reply   
I think it's obvious that Skier's Choice does everything possible to satisfy it's customers, and Steven's poor attitude leads me to believe he's one of those people that is never satisfied.
Old    stormrider            06-04-2003, 10:30 AM Reply   
Keith, after reading your thread I agreed, the issue should be dropped, but apparently others don't see it that way, so here goes.

Two questions to refocus the issue: if after three attempts to fix the same problem the problem is still not fixed is it unreasonable to ask the dealer and the manufacturer in advance for concrete assurances that they will fix the problem in a timely manner THE FOURTH TIME? Second, is it reasonable under these circumstances to expect that these assurances take the form of a cash penalty if the work is not done in a timely manner?

I disagree with Skier’s Choice’s answers. Island Marine has had the boat three times for a total of 6 weeks and the problem is still not fixed so I also do not think it's unfair that on the fourth repair attempt they have to pick up and deliver the boat.

I've been stranded on the lake for a day with a broken trailer. Three other times I've driven 180 miles round trip to ride, put the boat on the water only to have to take it off because something else was broken. I've logged over a 1000 miles driving this boat back and forth to the dealership for repair work. I ride 2-4 days a week, so, yes, when the fourth trip back fell into the summer, I started asking for assurances.

The bigger picture, though, concerns me more. Skier’s Choice does not warrant the power train, Indmar does. We Supra/Moomba owners need to make it quite clear to Skier’s Choice, in my opinion, that they had better make it happen if Indmar’s called in regardless of the “hereins and the wheretofores” of the written warranty agreement. Skier’s Choice has told me that they’ll help as they can but when it comes to Indmar, I’m on my own– I see that as a pretty big hole in all of our warranties. If we collectively told Skier’s Choice that this is totally unacceptable, that hole in our warranties would close in a heartbeat. All you owners living 100s or 1000s of miles from an Indmar repair facility I hope you are listening because right now you’ve got big frustrations if your new Supra/Moomba starts losing transmission fluid. Skier's Choice is not treating me any differently.

My heart is not in the wrong place. Fogey, I'm sorry if I came off too harsh in my response to you. This ain’t personal– if any of you guys are ever in San Diego and looking for a pull, give me a buzz cuz you’ve got priority.
Old     (bjbatch)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-04-2003, 10:35 AM Reply   
Now that I read you reply, I have an important question: What kind of job do you have that you get to ride 2-4 days a week???
Old    stormrider            06-04-2003, 11:05 AM Reply   
Bruce:

I'm a tax, estate and business planning lawyer.

I live 10 minutes from San Vicente. I've hired a college kid to launch, drive and trailer my boat. I show up Th and Fri, get in two 1/2 hour sets then get off the lake by 8:30 and am in to work by 9:30. Working through lunch, I'm covered. Saturday and Sundays are easier with the slalom pass.

You've gotta really work things to get good water in San Diego since we only have the one lake to ride on and it's pretty small. It's a pretty lake though and the rangers are reasonable.