Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 30, 2005

Old    bronco991            09-19-2005, 9:08 PM Reply   
For my public speaking class I have to write a descriptive speech, I would like to do it on wakeboarding, but I have to have 3 different subjects or topics, whatever you want to call it, Has anyone done a descriptive speech on wakeboarding? If so can you give me topics and/or ideas? Thanks
Old     (cwbrider16)      Join Date: May 2004       09-19-2005, 10:03 PM Reply   
i am doing a informative speech on wakeboarding tomorrow. I'm going to mention history, boards and bindings, boats, and tricks.
Old     (dkmode34)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-19-2005, 10:13 PM Reply   
to get the crowds attention be like " hi im so and so and i love hoochies" or boning melons. it tends to lighten them up a tidbit
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       09-19-2005, 10:17 PM Reply   
I did two speeches on wakeboarding.

I broke it down into an introductory session, covering history, gear, and then the current day sport.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       09-20-2005, 1:25 AM Reply   
SHow alot of photos if you have them...that ussually gets a better response unless you have a personality like Jay Leno
Old    bronco991            09-20-2005, 10:51 AM Reply   
Jeff would that be considered descriptive? I dont know thats what im confused about
Old     (v220ls)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-20-2005, 11:13 AM Reply   
Kyle:
I have done several on wakeboarding.
For descriptive, I talked about the shapes of the boards, the rocker and skill levels associated with the shapes and presented two different styles. Even if you don't have two boards yourself, I'm sure a friend has a differnt style board than your own.
Hope this helps good luck.
Greg
Old    wakelurker            09-20-2005, 11:22 AM Reply   
i taught speech last year- definately bring in visual aides if at all possible and just set your speech up like a 5 point paper- intro- point 1- point 2- point 3- conclusion - are you using notecards?

maybe your points could include: describing ideal water conditions....boats.......boards........lifestyle. ....i dont know, but i'd like to read it when you are done. oh, and use lots of adjectives, after all, it is a descriptive speech-
Old     (goinbigg17)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-20-2005, 11:59 AM Reply   
I have done one as well. I'm with WES on his opening there. That would be great! I did mine on how the sport has grown. From the tricks they were doing to what they are doing now, and even showed a video clip to show how insane we all are.
Old     (just_board)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-20-2005, 1:02 PM Reply   
haha i had a post on this exact topic about a month ago look up "wakeboarding speech" everyone had tons of help..

if you need some good pictures get antbug to send you some, his are amazing!

props to him
Old    bronco991            09-20-2005, 5:42 PM Reply   
Yes, Im using notecards, We have to do 3 points like you said victoria. I like the describing of the boats, boards, but im not sure of the lifestyle or ideal water conditions, it has to be 4-5 min long. Hey Clinton did you have to write a descriptive speech? if so can you send it over to me so I can use it as a refference, i promise haha I just am not very good at writing speeches, and need som help
Old     (easyrider)      Join Date: Oct 2003       09-20-2005, 9:20 PM Reply   
I am in a communications class this semester and I was definatly planning on doing one or more of my speeches on wakeboarding. One thing i thought would be sweet would be to bring the boat and all the gear then set up a screen outside and have a power point / movie to go with it, make it very interactive. Hopefully have about 5 females in bikinis in the boat, show how the lifestyle is ;)
Old    bronco991            10-01-2005, 7:57 PM Reply   
Ahhh, My speech is monday and I need one last subject for descriptive, I Have describing the boats and boards right now...What else can I do? Pleaseee help Thanks
Old    erlingiii            10-01-2005, 8:05 PM Reply   
you could have a subject on somting about cable lakes or ramps and sliders or different directions wakeboarding has gone like wakeskate or wakesurfing. Also ropes non stretch vs. ski rope or handle differences. Another subject could be how media has influenced the sport or somthing about that, movies, t.v. exc.
Old     (twitch)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-01-2005, 8:12 PM Reply   
hey clinton... did you go in in your board shorts soaking wet?
Old     (balr54)      Join Date: May 2004       10-03-2005, 9:07 AM Reply   
i did a speech last year and I just brough in my board and rope and I showed how to put on the board and the basics of getting out of the water kind of like they do on Higher Education. It took up a good 7 min I just went off the top of my head with a few main notes.
Old    bronco991            10-14-2005, 8:56 PM Reply   
Now I have to do an Informative Speech with 3 main Points...Any Ideas anyone? Thanks for everyones help on my last speech, I got an A :-)
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       10-14-2005, 9:39 PM Reply   
Show them pics of Reef girls.
Old     (easyrider)      Join Date: Oct 2003       10-15-2005, 3:59 PM Reply   
I am doing an informative one on Thursday... my main points are.....brief history of wakeboarding......basic equipment.....wake boats...(big three)......future outlook (getting bigger, ie...more media coverage, boat sales, games, toys, movies...ect..) i am pretty much all ready for it but i am having trouble finding some pics to use as visual aids....i have them in my mind what i want, but hard to find those exact types.....good luck....
Old    bronco991            10-17-2005, 7:24 PM Reply   
Could You email me your speech? I wont copy it I promise, It just helps me to see one. Thanks
Old    dclems            10-18-2005, 10:32 AM Reply   
I did an informative speech on wakeboarding last semester. I did history, equipment, showed a video, and described tricks. I took a ton of stuff in too. Two boards, two pairs of bindings, a rope, vest, two types of handles, and a helmet. Then at the end I played a dvd on my lap top. Best speech I ever gave and I got an A- on it (because I was way over the time limit)
Old     (easyrider)      Join Date: Oct 2003       10-19-2005, 9:18 PM Reply   
Sent