Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2006

Old    erkp6            02-04-2006, 8:05 PM Reply   
I'm looking for a used tow boat. I found a 1999 Tige v21. It's got 56 hours on it, 6 CD changer, 350hp Merc cruiser engine, tower, and taps... electric brakes on a twin axel trailer. Everything looks to be in great shape, very clean and the guy wants $25K for it.

Does that sound like a good deal??? I thought it sounded pretty good. Has anyone had any experience with taps? I wakeboard behind a nautique v210 which has a really nice wake.
Eric
Old     (mbrown)      Join Date: May 2005       02-04-2006, 8:32 PM Reply   
If you like a Nautique wake then you should probably stay with that. A tige wake is very different.
Old     (foxrepdc)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-05-2006, 5:41 AM Reply   
Eric...that is a pretty good deal. I have a 2000 21V that I bought last year with a few more hours than that, but I got it around that same price.....didn't have a cool CD changer though. Tige's have a little bit mellower wake, but fun. You can be a lot more aggressive and new moves aren't as intimidating. The TAPS works pretty good, but I added two ballast bags to the rear, and a little weight up front and I think it's a pretty crisp wake now. I like having the option of being able to totally mellow out the wake for my 8 year old, my wife, or anyone else that is new to the sport. Plus my wife likes to ski, and if you unload the bags, drop the TAPS all the way down....it's perfect for all that. Overall I love the layout, function and look of the boat. Even at 6 years old, it's still a head turner, plus at 25K...you have a lot of room left in you wallet to trick it out. This winter I did new graphics, Sony XM system, amps, subs, tower speakers, and a new Xtreme Tower. Unless it's just a roach with hidden issues....you won't go wrong.

DC
Old     (zacky)      Join Date: Apr 2003       02-05-2006, 11:53 AM Reply   
A couple of posts below yours...

www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/282439.html?1139102639

Old     (rich_g)      Join Date: May 2003       02-06-2006, 4:36 PM Reply   
I don't have any input about Tige or that particular model, but the thing that jumped out at me was the hours. That's extremely low, like one season's worth. Maybe there's a good explanation, but I would want it mechanically checked out, leak-down tested, etc.
Old    r3612            02-06-2006, 6:20 PM Reply   
houors are def very very very very low. I would be concerned that it has at up unused for a long period of time which can cause more damage than being ran for 600hrs
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       02-15-2006, 7:46 AM Reply   
I own a 01' 21 V and from the sounds of what you're looing at, that's a great deal. Whay only 56 hours? I'd check that out- also have the dealership plug into the DME and get an accurate reading on the hours- might be a new meter. The only major issue I have had with my boat is the seat splitting issue that was mentioned above- I got the rear seat recovered and they're great. I have 300hrs on mine and it rides great. There's a big difference between the Nautiques and Tige wakes though- has a lot to do with the width of the boat- If you're used to riding at 80 feet behind the Nautique, drop down to 70 or 65 and the wake will be similar- or run a little faster. they're great boats- no matter what you read on this site- and at that price, you won't lose any money on it either.