Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old                08-07-2001, 4:57 PM Reply   
I just bought a Hyperlite Byerly 137 and I was curious if anyone else rides a byerly could give me alittle insight on how to take advantage of the board... as in how to ride it to it's full potential. All of my friends ride the Belmont and I know it is a totaly differant board so I can't get any info from them.
thanks
Chris
Old                08-08-2001, 10:48 AM Reply   
ok, i have a byerly 132, this board has massive bucking pop and will launch you even if you barely cut,i land 5ft out side trying to cut hard.this board rides low in the water so it turns easily.you need to be able to handle the pop though, when i first got my byerly, i would get to much air and not be able to land. i hope this helps, i went from single wake tricks to a wake to wake 360 and i have only been riding this board since the end of may.hope this helps!
Old                04-28-2003, 11:34 AM Reply   
Byerly's are the dog's balls!!! Best board ive ridden yet, love it, really slick board and a huge buck of the wake, treat it with respect!!
Old                04-29-2003, 2:04 PM Reply   
i heard byerly's suck ass. hansie, one of my pals rides one and he can't stick anything, in fact he sucks nearly as much as the board does. Gareth, maybe if you could contact him and try to give him some tips on pop's 'n' stuff im sure he would appreicate it. the rest of my crew have raised the bar and sadly he is lacking behind with regards to the yo yo factor. he tried to read the book on test-monkeyism, but the shizzel was too advanced and just confused him..

peace out
Old                05-01-2003, 7:53 PM Reply   
its not that byrlys suck ass, its just that when put alongside masterpeices like the cwb absolute they are outclassed. then again so are all the rest.
Old                05-11-2003, 9:26 PM Reply   
does connely have a lifetime warranty?
Old                05-15-2003, 3:04 AM Reply   
Hey mark maybe you should take a look at your freind and not the board, any tom harry can buy a pro board but can they handle it??? It's not the board its what you can do with it!
As for you Alex before you start slagging off the byerly maybe you should learn how to spell it first!! The zane a 'masterpiece' yeah Alex!....I bet you still believe in santaclaus!
Old                05-16-2003, 8:33 AM Reply   
I ride the Byerly 137 DNA and I love it. Best board I've ever owned. It doesn't fit everyone's style though. You need to know how to use progressive edging to make the most of this board, or any board. And you must do it consistanly. The bucking pop will catch you by surprise if your cut to the wake is not consistant, which is why some people don't like the board, they are not consistant. You can't be a lazy rider to ride this board. It works best if your are consistant and aggressive. I get huge pop from my board and if I'm not ready for it I get bucked off balance and a rough landing is sure to follow. So my best advise is to give the board a chance to do what it does best by using conisistant progessive edging and you will be shot off the wake like never before.
Old     (dalarocha)      Join Date: Feb 2002       05-16-2003, 7:42 PM Reply   
I agree frenchman...I ride a 142 biolite,I am a big boy and the Byerly is the best board I have ridden.It will catch you off guard If your not ready for the pop....water time is the key
Old                06-04-2003, 8:25 PM Reply   
the 137 biolite's graphic is from a nazi war poster
Old                06-06-2003, 9:41 AM Reply   
Which year parker 2002?
Old     (hotlanta)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-16-2003, 1:57 PM Reply   
Definitely joining the conversation late, but have to throw in my 3 cents... I've been on the Byerly 142 for about 2 months and immediately have to agree with the comments on big pop! It's sweet so get used to it and you'll dig it. But don't ride it half ass! It's not the best board for relaxing...

One note of caution... The Premier and 90% of the other boards out there release much easier into surface slides and ollie 180's. The big spine down the center of the 03 Byerly's make it tough to break free sometimes so get ballsy and push it around. The spine is worth it though... makes huge landings nice and soft.