Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 19, 2006

Old     (nautyboy)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-02-2006, 1:53 AM Reply   
I've been running my SV-211TE with stock ballast full (780#) and the Hydrogate in the Wakeboard Position (the lever all the way back towards the stern), and sometimes add a 750# Fatsac in lengthwise behind the driver seat, and usually run about 21-23 mph. I'm just wondering what others are doing with weight and Hydrogate Position. Also, anybody got any advise on how to make the wake steeper?

Tanks Eh Bra!
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       05-02-2006, 6:50 PM Reply   
Dump the belly tank to 2/3 full, fill the back tanks, start in slalom mode then move the gate to wakeboard after PP kicks in, 23-24mph. Most 211's are being run this way. I tried running an additional 400lbs of lead in back but running the belly partially full has nearly the same affect on the wake and the boat handles much better.
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       05-02-2006, 6:58 PM Reply   
Paging TSO, come in TSO....
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-02-2006, 8:02 PM Reply   
I've gotta agree with Mikeski. He, and several others, pointed me on the path. Full back tnaks, 1/2 to 2/3 belly is a REALLY good wake @75 or 80ft 22.0-22.5mph.

TSO and several others on PN suggested trying 500lbs in the rear with a full belly+. We rode last week with 250 on each side of the engine, full belly+100lbs and 4 people in the boat (5th riding). The wake was slightly bigger, a little more vert but noticably firmer. I am no pro but everyone that rode it ageed that weighting was good. Boat didn't handle bad with the weight but obviuosly handles better with less and had no prolem planing (someone suggested slalom mode then WB once planed) but also took slightly longer to get there.

TSO, Blake and Mikeski...... Thanks for the help.
Old     (nautyboy)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-07-2006, 11:15 AM Reply   
Thanks for the feedback!
Old     (tjs_ccc)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-07-2006, 3:37 PM Reply   
I haven't heard back from Watson yet on how he put weight in his....but Noti dad sounds about right for most of us mortals. As he said the boat still handles great with the extra weight. The only time you will put the gate down is when you are skiing (also fill the front tank to make it even smaller) or when you are pulling a small kid or woman or beginner that wants a smaller less defined wake.

It also works to change the wake alot when you are wake surfing with the boat leaned over to port or starboard. The position of the gate will help clean up the wake when you are surfing on the side of the wake which is "against the rotation of the prop".

As others have said, you will have less bow rise taking off and less time to plane if you pull the rider up with the gate down and then pull it up whe you reach your set speed. Don't forget to shift it though...it makes the wake much less defined and the rider will notice the difference by crashing...as I have.
Old     (nautyboy)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-07-2006, 11:42 PM Reply   
Thanks Tim. I really hope he gets back to you, cause I'm sure he has it dialed!

As far as the weighting project goes, I have found that stock ballast all full + 1,000# in the back (7 people or so OR FatSack) seems to work really good. The boat still handles good and gets to plane fast, but the wake is waaaaay better. Wierd, no weight needed up front.
Old     (reid808)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-11-2006, 12:57 AM Reply   
Salt Water application is a little different from running the boat in fresh water. Because Salt Water is more bouyant you may need to increase your bow and stern weight. This should help.
Old     (nautyboy)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-11-2006, 1:11 AM Reply   
Ried....Is that you....Dude, welcome back! Man, we NEED to go ride!

Thanks for pointing out that difference, I think that it does change things.