Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (motogod77)      Join Date: Aug 2008       02-16-2011, 3:49 PM Reply   
Just testing the waters to see what you guys think.

We have a full machine shop at our dealership and I am going to start building a custom, lifted, smooth on both sides platform for my V232. The platform will be made entirely out of aluminum, probably with 1.5" square tubing for the frame with aluminum sheet welded on both sides - this will keep the cost down and make them very lightweight (versus using sheet aluminum - there is a thread on one like this already). It will be made as small as possible givin the restraints of the current transom brackets, and probably raised 4" with 3x4 square tubing all integrated. I plan on using Hyrdroturf on the top for the mat.

Just brain storming at the moment . . . .

I'm know it will work great, but I was curious if anybody thought there would be a market for them - I won't know much this is going to cost until its done - but for serious surfers it would make a night and day different in the wave - take the platform off your boat and see!

Anyway just seeing what the thoughts are out there