Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 19, 2005

Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-18-2005, 7:30 PM Reply   
I am graduating from Highschool this friday and my graduation present is a trip to a wakeboard camp. Which one should I pick and are they worth the money? I was looking at Schwene's but most of the sessions are sold out. I was also looking at Murray's and the wakeboard camp. Any others that you would recomend?
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-18-2005, 7:40 PM Reply   
Schwennes or Murrays camps are what we recommend, they are both awesome but you will have scheduling problems this late in the game. But either of the two, are awesome!
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-18-2005, 7:41 PM Reply   
schwene's has one more spot but its in 2 weeks
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-18-2005, 7:43 PM Reply   
Leo, It is all about what you want out of the camp. If you want to really get some training and ride with some serious wakeboarders, go to O-Town. I sent Derek there and he thought it was the bomb. It is the place to be for many of the riders you see on the tour. Dallas goes there, Rusty Malinowski goes & Glen Fetcher is the main coach. Great location, close to many things. Many of the other camps are out in the boonies.

He also like Mikes camp if you are staying on the west coast. If you can get in, I highly recommend it. He is such a great guy and the houseboat is great. If you want to talk about it further, email me and I will call you.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-18-2005, 8:17 PM Reply   
If Mike's is sold out and you're definitely going to florida then you might want to check out the Wakeboard Camp. Chris went there 3 years 2000-2001-2002 and really liked their program. I know they are really sticklers for technique and his first time there he didn't really come back learning much in the way of new tricks but they really worked him over on fundamentals and on how to train on a tramp. I remember giving him a hard time that first year when he didn't knock my socks off with a bunch of new moves but it seemed like it took him way less time from that point on to learn new stuff. I wish there had been a program like Mike's out here back then and I can see that everyone else feels that way now and is taking advantage of it. Anyhow - congrats on your graduation!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-18-2005, 8:33 PM Reply   
Leo, if you come out to Mike's camp, you should hit me up for a pull too. We can spend a day on the delta.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-18-2005, 8:43 PM Reply   
That would be awesome. It says there is one slot left may 30 till june 2. I might do that one.

J-Rod...I won't have a car, how far away are you?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-19-2005, 6:48 AM Reply   
I'm about 2 hours away from Schwenne.

I can't ride 30 - 2. I go to reno for the tour stop on the third.
Old     (ruffneckrider)      Join Date: Jan 2005       05-19-2005, 8:45 AM Reply   
I'm hitting the wakeboard camp in Orlando June 1st. I can't wait. I no longer will hold the title of carsh dummie! should be a blast.

(richd) anything I should know!

(J-rod) you the man thats cool! you are always a helpful guy and I would ride w/ you any day just not the week of June 1st
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-19-2005, 9:51 AM Reply   
I'll echo what Robin Valdez said about The Boarding School...it was great! It was a lot of fun, but also a lot harder to ride for five straight days than I would have thought. I will definately be making the trip back there. Shaun and Travis were awesome coaches and really fun to hang around with for several days.

Eric
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-19-2005, 10:13 AM Reply   
Well I got an email from Travis saying he had open slots in July but Keith Lyman and Andrew Adkinson will be teaching because Shaun will be out of town. Darn, two of my favorite riders will be there, how will i manage myself. Im thinking thats where I will go. It is too much of a rush to go to Schwene's in 2 weeks with airfare not booked.

J-rod, thats cool. I hook up with you maybe when I am in college and looking for a job.
Old     (player)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-19-2005, 1:42 PM Reply   
projects