Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 06, 2005

Old     (billm)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-21-2005, 1:29 PM Reply   
I am pretty new to boating and wakeboarding. Can I get a boat that would be good for wakeboarding and wakesurfing but also for slalom? What would be best value for about $30k?
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-21-2005, 1:53 PM Reply   
if you can jump up a bit higher, centurion avalanche all the way......great wake, great options, lots of room, and one of the best factory wakes available imo

www.wakecoupons.com
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-21-2005, 2:25 PM Reply   
Mastercraft, or maybe a Centurion are good all around boats (for skiing and wakebaording, not sure about wakesurfing)....
Eric

ALSO MOOMBA makes a great boat for a good price...

(Message edited by Mjfan23 on August 21, 2005)
Old    propayne            08-21-2005, 2:34 PM Reply   
for all around with a wake adjustment on the fly...id reccomend a Tige, just make sure its a good one. because the one i ride on is a year old and is falling apart thought it is meticulously maintained.
Old     (ladyboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-21-2005, 4:10 PM Reply   
Hi Bill, when I first started wakeboarding I was in the same boat as you...no pun intended. I wakeboarded mostly, but did slalom and pull tubes and combo skiers, then took up wakesurfing as well. I would recommend looking at a Supra Launch or Sunsport. I had a '96 Sunsport that threw a killer wakeboarding wake when loaded, but once it was empty the slalom wake was quite respectable, considering the size of the boat. Look for newer Launches with the hydrolic wake plate which can fine tune the wake for slalom, wakeboard and wakesurf. The only downside to the boat is that to get a really big wakeboard/wakesurf wake you will have to add ballast. You could probably get in a 2002 or 2003 for 30K.
Hope that gives you an idea.
Later
Tiff
Old     (hyrific)      Join Date: Sep 2004       08-21-2005, 6:17 PM Reply   
malibu sunsetter vlx
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-21-2005, 10:35 PM Reply   
$30k? going to be tough to find something new.

Maybe a Sanger or Supra/Moomba (both good boats) will get close to the 30s.

Lots of used boats, do some test drives.