Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 01, 2004

Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       04-22-2004, 3:07 PM Reply   
I've heard recommendations now for Dr. Chao and Dr. Murphy. I know that Dr. Chao is at Oasis-medical? I'm not sure where Dr. Murphy is (Geoff Howell, where you at?) If anybody could pass these names/contact info to me that would be great.

I've also heard about the Cti2 knee brace from Innovation Sport. Also, about working the knee out before surgery to strengthen and increase flexibility, which will in turn make the rehab easier and a faster recovery?

Does anyone experience with any HMO doctors and surgery? Any other suggestions or things I should be thinking/asking about for recovery?
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-22-2004, 4:26 PM Reply   
Is Dr. Losse (Spelling?) still around? He used to be the knee guy for all the pro sports people and he was at Oasis.
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-22-2004, 4:51 PM Reply   
Personally, I wouldn't go to Losse and he's no longer the MD for any Pro Sports in San Diego.
Chao is the better person.

If Previte is around he's not too bad either., but he's a DO not an MD
Physical Therapy is a good thing to start prior to surgery.
DonJoy is ( or was) based in San Diego. The Custom 4-PT brace is a good brace.

Kaiser has a good Ortho MD last name Daniels. But I believe he's part of SoCal Kaiser.
Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       04-23-2004, 10:14 AM Reply   
Hey Sean i also have an HMO and have been going through California Orthopedic Institute. My Dr. is named Dr. Amjadi. My Stepmom works there so i get a little preferential treatment. I got my MRI last night and it doesn't look good but the techinician wouldn't tell me squat. I have to wait until next week for results.........damn HMO's. You can usually ask your Dr. about getting the CTI2 and insurance will cover it. I am also going to be getting one as long as i can persuade the Dr.
Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       04-23-2004, 10:20 AM Reply   
Hey Randy, I went to the same place, but the Dr. I was sent to was Dr. Adsit.
Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       04-23-2004, 10:29 AM Reply   
Yeah he was my Dr. before, not really sure why they sent me to the new Dr. except for the fact that i would have to wait 3 weeks for an appointment and i wanted to know right away what was up.I had Dr. Adsit when i tore my MCL 2 years ago no surgery required but he was cool. Have you had an MRI yet? We will definitely have to get together soon to have some beers!!
Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       04-23-2004, 12:05 PM Reply   
Yeah, I had my MRI and he already flat out said I should get surgery, but then scheduled an appt for another month later to see if I was ready for surgery. Not sure what's going on with that, but oh well.
Old    lindsayl            04-23-2004, 2:55 PM Reply   
Murphy is with Oasis, too. Sorry to hear about the MRI, Sean. I got the Donjoy Custom mentioned by phantom and I like it.
Old     (purana182)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-23-2004, 3:10 PM Reply   
CANADY!!!! Ok here is how it is, Dr. Murphy is at oasis too, he is where its at!! My entire family has had knee surgery's, me being the last, and the treatment that Dr. Murphy gave me was rediculous and i used three different PT places and all of them were amazed at the Dr.'s work. He is the best use him. As far as rehab before surgery goes, it will be useless, your muslce atrophy and are gone after the surgery so it does nothing. But give DR. M a call and let him know i sent you, he will treat you great regardless., any more ? give me an email. good luck sean, i fell your pain.