Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 21, 2006

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-03-2006, 9:01 AM Reply   
I’m sorry to say the boat beat's boat show has been canceled for this weekend at Lake Tulloch. The weather has not been the best. We are re scheduling for August when the weather will corporate. I will re post exact times and date's and more information on the boat beats website later this week about the August show.
Old    swass            04-03-2006, 9:17 AM Reply   
That reminds me of another pet peeve.

(Message edited by swass on April 03, 2006)
Old    mendo247            04-03-2006, 9:41 AM Reply   
sounds good grant.. now that youve canceled the show im sure it will be nice and sunny all weekend! lol keep us posted
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-03-2006, 9:56 AM Reply   
Grant ~ Saturday is still looking good for now. Sad to hear this info.

http://www.weather.com/weather/weekend/95228?from=36hr_topnav_undeclared
Old     (rukie)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-03-2006, 10:06 AM Reply   
That's too bad about the show being canceled. AccuWeather looked like Fri/Sat. should be OK? I've been doing the rain dance all week!!
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       04-03-2006, 10:48 AM Reply   
Looking at the weather last night and it said rain on friday. I was wondering how many people would tow in the rain? There were a few posts in another thread saying things like "if the weather looks good".
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       04-03-2006, 11:10 AM Reply   
www.weatherunderground.com is usually more accurate.
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-03-2006, 12:09 PM Reply   
Is the whole spring ride cancelled or just the boat show/sound off? If the weather clears up will you still be out there Grant/Clay?
Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-03-2006, 12:20 PM Reply   
SISSY!!!!!

Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-03-2006, 12:26 PM Reply   
I guess TeamNeptunes will have the loudest boat on the water!

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-03-2006, 12:36 PM Reply   
I’m sorry for the cancellation, I have put allot of time and money into getting this thing together and the last thing I wanted to do is have it not happen.

For most people that have a big system in there boat they use it a bit differently than people with out. Most marine systems can take a bit of rain with no problem. But these aren’t they type of systems that were going to make up the boat show. People including myself look at the weather and decide if there is a chance it’s going to rain they don’t take their boat out. Nobody wants to be caught out in the rain 2 hrs from home and then have to tow in the rain. I have had allot of people tell me this exact thing. They were saying "Ill look at the weather on Friday and decide weather I’m going to make it" unfortunately I need to set up DJ and electronic equipment, power and run hundreds of feet of cat-5 wire for the signal and test it at the dock Friday to be ready for Saturday's show and if it's raining then this cant be done. I’m sorry for anyone that has busted A$$ to get a system together and have the show not happen. This event will happen. It will be bigger and better in August when the weather shouldn’t be a problem. Andreas has told me that he can organize his friends with all the exotic Lambos and Ferrari's and bike's to make it a Surf and Turf type of show. Boats on the water and Exotic's on land with Music act. The spring ride is still on it will be a great event go and enjoy yourself Ill be there be sure to give me hell I'm sure you wont be the first LOL.

Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-03-2006, 12:42 PM Reply   
Just messing with you Grant. I am sure if my system was already installed I would be a lot less willing to chance it! Looking forward to August, hopefully the date wont conflict with boardstock/clear lake.
Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-03-2006, 1:23 PM Reply   
Its all good Grant, you still got to come by for a Corona!
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-03-2006, 1:23 PM Reply   
Well I'm glad you're still going to make it Grant. See you there!
Old     (seaswirlmike)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-03-2006, 1:25 PM Reply   
well thats a kick in the butt, spent quite a few nights and weekends over the last month or so dodging the rain to finish up our system, the whole time praying for it to clear up. i kind of expected it would be called off if it didnt so im not all that suprised.....
anyone know about the other happenings that the C.I.E crew and folks were putting together like the double up contest and movie premier?? thanks
mike
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-03-2006, 2:49 PM Reply   
Everything else is a go for the Spring Ride. Friday night premier of Almost Famous, Saturday double up contest, Saturday night screening/premier of Delta Sessions 2. The saturday night BBQ and raffle are going off, too, as well as drink specials at the bar. It's going to be a great time. It's too bad the boat show isn't happening, but it's understandable as those guys wouldn't want to get their boats wet (he, he, he). I'm sure the show in August will be sick.
Old     (boarder_x)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-03-2006, 3:27 PM Reply   
Grant, I know this is postponed, but when it does happen I would be happy to help with running cables. Right now I work at Cal DOJ, and I run CAT5 cable all day. (I would say I'm proficient!) Anyway, my system works for me, but there is no way it would win a contest, so I would just be there for fun. .... Just offering my services.

Robb
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-03-2006, 4:28 PM Reply   
Robb: Ill keep your E-mail and get a hold of ya in August I will take you up on that in a second.
I have all the Cat-5 and all the Cat 5 to RCA control boxe's.