Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2006

Old     (howakeboartder)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-04-2006, 8:30 PM Reply   
Does anybody use this handle and if so what do you think?

http://www.beyondwatersports.com/ws2/ItemMatrix.asp?GroupCode=WS%2DSLVORGRAHDL&MatrixTy pe=1
Old     (borka)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-04-2006, 11:48 PM Reply   
I try it, & dont like - too soft EVA & big diameter. I liked classic handles, like mine premier.IMHO
But G.Nunn & D.Shapiro(before LF sponsored) used the same handles.
49$ - anyway cheap!
Old     (howakeboartder)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-04-2006, 11:52 PM Reply   
Yeah thats what I was thinking. The price is really cheap. I want to get a softer grip handle. I use a regiment right now. Kind of want to offload it.
Old     (borka)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-05-2006, 12:25 AM Reply   
O, if u wanna softer grip - check the SL "Bantam" handle. Its much softer than "Vortex"!
And what u think about regiment?
Old     (wakesetter101)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-05-2006, 5:15 AM Reply   
I have the SL Bantam. It is the softest handle i have ever used.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       10-05-2006, 5:32 AM Reply   
I have one and love it. It gets chipped once in awhile, but other than that, no complaints. Wish I would have gotten mine that cheap.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       10-05-2006, 6:59 AM Reply   
One thing to remember with carbon handles, they will chip your board up if it hits it.
Old     (newman)      Join Date: Jun 2006       10-05-2006, 7:12 AM Reply   
I've got the bantam as well, and I really like the grip. We used the one pictured last season and really liked it too. My friend bought it used and we put a long season's worth of abuse on it and its held up really well. Byrd is right, the top of my board has a couple nice dings in it.
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       10-05-2006, 7:50 AM Reply   
I ride the Eclipse, and absolutely love it.

The easy-removal of the rope from the handle REALLY helped me out one weekend I rode behind an IO with a stainless-steel loop, instead of a ball. No handle to feed through, just the line! Also, I get a much more secure feeling riding with the carbon handle. It is super light-weight and strong, with a decently big diameter grip.
Old     (howakeboartder)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-05-2006, 9:48 AM Reply   
Boris: the regiment isn't a bad handle I just don't like the grip. It's made with a foam that's camoflouged together and the pieces are falling off. I've only had the handle less than 2 months. The warranty is still good, so I'm getting it fixed then gonna sell.
Old     (borka)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-06-2006, 12:04 AM Reply   
Crap! Dustin -I have tha same probs! I changed a 3!!!(premier,byerly,exodus)06 accurates handles at this summer! The pieces of grip are falling off. Every my handle are working around 2 weeks, after they breaks!
Old     (howakeboartder)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-06-2006, 12:14 AM Reply   
Boris: I first notice the problem about 2 weeks into riding the handle. lol. I had just figured I'd warranty it when I was done with the season.