Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2003

Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       07-28-2003, 9:57 AM Reply   
I am putting together a house boat trip for next year. If you had the choice which lake would you pick, Lake Shasta or Lake Powell. They are both about the same distance from me. I have never been to either and wanted to hear from hopefully someone that has been to both.

Thanks for your help!
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-28-2003, 11:03 AM Reply   
POWELL!!!!! ive been to both and powell is soooo much better and bigger, the prob is its harder to get in to powell, so if u want to go there, try and make ur reservations now! good luck, have fun!
Old     (bdehaan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-28-2003, 2:47 PM Reply   
I've never been to Lake Shasta but at Lake Powell, where I just returned from last night, was unbelievable. We stayed on a houseboat in Kane Wash, launching from Wahweap Marina. The bay where we stayed was pure glass from morning til about noon; and then glass again from 4 to dark. Very few neighbors, and few boats; and the view was unbelievable.
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-28-2003, 2:55 PM Reply   
I love Shasta. I like the area alot better. I would goto shasta any day of the week.
Old    leggester            07-28-2003, 2:58 PM Reply   
I understand the house boats on Shasta are much cheaper.

An Admiral on Powell will cost about $8K +, IIRC, for a seven day outing.
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       07-28-2003, 3:04 PM Reply   
Yeah,

I have not researched the difference in cost. I had priced out some boats on Shasta. Is the Admiral the top of the line H.B.? The one with the jacuzi on top, at Shasta they were about half the price you listed above. 8K is getting up there, even when split between 10 or so people. I plan on going to both in the future, I will say I was leaning towards Shasta this time around, but got to thinking why not get some second opinions.