Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2003

Old    smitty98            07-23-2003, 7:48 AM Reply   
What video editing software does everyone uese?
I was thinkign of one that can put a sound track on it, cut between movies and add text.

Also i was thinking of trying to find one that can do the "blue screen" effect. Would do some interesting stuff then.
Old    andzei            07-23-2003, 7:59 AM Reply   
adobe premiere 6.0
adobe after effects 5.0
Old    norcal_99            07-23-2003, 11:17 AM Reply   
Download Adobe Premiere 6.5 from Kazaa. It works great.
Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-23-2003, 11:20 AM Reply   
Adobe Premiere 6.5
Old    mnwake            07-23-2003, 11:27 AM Reply   
If you use it alot, Premiere is probably the best... But I don't do a whole lot, so I use Pinnacle Studio... Kind of the same interface, but IMHO a little easier to use, especially when you don't sit in front of it all the time... Cheaper too, unless you do it the Kazaa way!

Good luck,
Mike
Old    goose69            07-23-2003, 11:54 AM Reply   
Although downloading from Kaza is free, I would use Windows MediaMovie maker if you have XP and want a truly free program, without downloading the non-Authorized version of some program. It has capabilities like Pinnacle: cut/splice video clips, add audio and even has a few transitions to add to the video.
We use Adobe Premier 6.5 for the editing of our movies along with after effects.

Jared Schassen
NumSkull Productions
www.numbskullpro.com
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-23-2003, 12:53 PM Reply   
I use Pinnacle because it was the only one that could capture video from an analog (hi8) camcorder. It works very well as long as you follow the install instructions and meet and exceed the system requirements. Things you NEED to have on your computer in order to make video editing work good are: High speed, high capacity hard drive. 80gig is good. Video takes up a ton of space, and it needs to access it fast so a high speed is needed. The more ram the better. Get into the 600 or more megs and you will be good. Updated drivers for your video and sound cards. All available on the manufacture's websites. Updated driver for your bios and motherboard.
Pinnacle is super easy to use and has a very user friendly interface. Much much easier then Adobe produts. Adobe has more features, but also at a higher cost. I would suggest buying it rather then downloading it because thatway you have access to updates and technical support with your registration numbers.
Good luck and have fun
Old    norcal_99            07-23-2003, 1:08 PM Reply   
I would suggest downloading it for free so you can save your money and get a bigger outboard motor. http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/75858.html?1058985512
Old     (poon)      Join Date: Dec 2001       07-23-2003, 1:13 PM Reply   
I hook my camera to the VCR and edit. Stop > rewind > play > record > stop > play > rewind > play > record etc.........
Old    smitty98            07-23-2003, 8:25 PM Reply   
Rene,i normally ride behind a 140 so the money needs to go to the petrol. But the little creek, no chance of taking a normal boat through there, no ramp and to shallow. And the tunnels i wanted to drop knee through were about 1mtr tall, never fit a bigger boat though that.

And i guess the way to go is Abdobe Prem.

(Message edited by smitty98 on July 23, 2003)
Old    jakeman            07-23-2003, 8:44 PM Reply   
I use XP movie-maker
but
I am starting to outgrow it.

I have Adobe 6.0 =I need to take a day and figure it out

If anyone knows any shortcuts on editing w/ it
let me know

these are the videos I produced w/ XP

www.420EMPIRE.com

late/jake
Old    jakeman            07-23-2003, 8:53 PM Reply   
Jared-

Sweet Video

late/jake}
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-23-2003, 8:56 PM Reply   
Well when your as good as Arun i guess you can edit with a vcr and it would probably still look good.(I'm not being sarcastic)
I use pinnacle studio 8. I LOVE it, and am really starting to find out that i can do alot more than i originaly thought with it. Hovever i do wish i had learned premiere 6.5 first because you can do alot more in depth with it. If your only wanting to edit a few videos pinnacle is the way to go. It's ALOT easier to learn than premiere. If your planning on doing alot of editing and want to get really in depth premiere is the way to go.
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-23-2003, 9:48 PM Reply   
The only problem I have with my Pinnacle Studio 8 is that it has so many bugs and I get a lot of system hangs and strange things like scenes missing and transitions not working. I far exceed the system requirements too. Just can't do too much at once with the software or it will crap on you.
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-23-2003, 10:02 PM Reply   
UlEAD VIDEO STUDIO
Old    renegade            07-24-2003, 9:14 AM Reply   
Final Cut Pro for MACs is the way to go...real time editing to waiting for rendering...gotta love the MAcs
Old     (ifishok)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-25-2003, 5:45 AM Reply   
I'm going to get a MAC and Final Cut express. Burn DVD's etc.
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       07-25-2003, 10:54 AM Reply   
If you use Windows Movie Maker make sure you download the free update to version 2. It is much better and offers more features and transitions. And then you can buy the MS Media Pack that contains even more transitions and effects for something like $20.
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-25-2003, 11:30 AM Reply   
I am a video editor. If anyone is seriously looking to make kickass home videos, look into getting an Avid DV station. I work on an Avid Media Composer ($75,000) but we have the Avid DV stations with Avid Xpress DV that can almost do the same thing for around $2,500. It can also double as an everyday computer. We play UT2K3 on them when we are not busy. Anyone can run the Avid program. It's super easy.
Old    shaggydan22            07-25-2003, 2:19 PM Reply   
can anyone help me with adobe premiere 6.5? when i bring in video, it comes in like a slide show. thnx