Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2003

Old     (autotunner69)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-22-2003, 4:46 PM Reply   
I was wanting to know if anybody knows if the Pro's like Murray, Parks, Shapiro, Sharpe, ect. ever come online and do this chat thing. Ideas from them would be cool?....

OR, has anyone talked to them here?

Old    bassboy8855            07-22-2003, 4:58 PM Reply   
Murrays dad is on sometimes...
Old    xtremebordgurl            07-22-2003, 7:28 PM Reply   
Shaun sometimes posts under his Dad's name I don't know about many others I know Justin Stephens of Cadium films has posted a couple of times and there are pros that post, can't remember many of them off the top of my head but they are around.
Old     (rootc)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-23-2003, 8:37 AM Reply   
Travis Moye, the pro tour boat driver, posts now and then.
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-23-2003, 8:41 AM Reply   
emily copeland does
Old     (lmtwa)      Join Date: May 2001       07-23-2003, 2:14 PM Reply   
Shaun who? Never heard of him..
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-23-2003, 7:39 PM Reply   
I think they mean Shaun Murphy. Or is it Mumphry? I'm not sure. I've really never heard of him either...
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-23-2003, 9:30 PM Reply   
Shaun..no. But i've heard of that lloyd Mumphry. Heard he's a heck of kneeboarder.
Old     (lmtwa)      Join Date: May 2001       07-24-2003, 4:54 AM Reply   
yes - he won the Chinese kneeboard open in '56. And btw it's Mumphray
Old    lakesideluver            07-24-2003, 7:03 AM Reply   
hey lloyd i mean shawn wassup
Old     (aneal000)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-24-2003, 9:01 AM Reply   
You know what's cool? I got Lloyd's autograph right next to Shaun's on a fox shirt... he was nice enough to sign my shirt at a pro tour stop last year! What a guy... and he kneeboards too:-)
Old    listen2cky            07-24-2003, 9:09 AM Reply   
hey loyd/shaun, whewre do i send pics that i took from the back yard tour in seattle?
Old     (lmtwa)      Join Date: May 2001       07-25-2003, 7:31 PM Reply   
Mike - WWWWWWWWWWhhhhhhhhhhaaaaasuppp? Yo!

Clint.... to me - but wait til I get home after Monday (I'm at the pro tour in Irvine). Also --Please jpgs (100k or less). LMTWA@hotmail.com
THanks.
Old     (nautiboarder)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-25-2003, 7:55 PM Reply   
lloyd, Shaun,
Did you ever find your board and other stuff?
Old    murrayair            07-25-2003, 8:00 PM Reply   
Hey Shaun, let's see something big in Irvine. Like a crow mobe 7 or something.
Old    norcal_99            07-25-2003, 8:12 PM Reply   
Hey Shaun, Good luck in Irvine. Hope to see you on the podium.

Old     (lmtwa)      Join Date: May 2001       07-27-2003, 5:53 AM Reply   
Deven
Nothing was found (yet).

Mark and Rene - I'll pass that to Shaun - He rode really well Saturday.
Lloyd
Old     (nautiboarder)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-27-2003, 8:22 AM Reply   
Lloyd
hopefully it will show up sooner or later.
Old    dtkmo            07-27-2003, 3:20 PM Reply   
WOW, that is SOOOO cool to get folks so talented that actually speek to the regular folks. Everywhere I read how well the pro's treat the fans. Reading these forums has made me a Wakeboard fan in only a few weeks, I truly believe these guys are pretty cool well rounded dudes.

Does anyone know where a guy from Kansas City Mo. could catch a wakeboard event??? Im really stoked about trying to catch some of these guys in action!!
Old     (nautiboarder)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-27-2003, 6:45 PM Reply   
Shaun is really cool, at one event in Michigan a few years back he took a pic with my daughter, who was about 4 at that time. He picked her up and Parks even jumped into the pic. It was really cool. I also seen Shaun in Orlando at the local Nautique Dealer where he keeps his boat, we chatted for quite some time. He told us where his girlfriend work, at a local board shop and we stopped there a talked with her also. He's just a really nice person.

Lloyd, does he still date the same girl?
Old     (nautiboarder)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-27-2003, 6:49 PM Reply   
And by the way, my daughter is 7 now and tearing it up on the board. It kinda sucks, she's taking up my boarding time. Just kidding, I would give it up to let her go if I had to.
Old     (lmtwa)      Join Date: May 2001       07-27-2003, 9:54 PM Reply   
Devin
He is now engaged to her (Keri)(as of a few weeks ago).
LM
Old    murrayair            07-27-2003, 10:55 PM Reply   
Lloyd- That's awsome to hear Shaun's engaged! Give him my congrats on that and on the podium finish in Irvine.
Old    jakeman            07-28-2003, 9:43 AM Reply   
LM

when and where is the bachlor party?

late/jake
Old     (nautiboarder)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-28-2003, 7:18 PM Reply   
Lloyd, tell him congrats, she seems like a really nice girl. She was very outgoing, just like your son.
Old     (bigjackamo)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-29-2003, 8:53 AM Reply   
Shaun congrats on the engagement. I guess it is going good for Darin so you thought you would get in on it. Just joking. My wife and I have met Keri (at the shop) and she was very nice, actually my wife and her were walking around chatting like schoolgirls. Anyway, congrats that is great. Let us know where to send the wedding present!
Old     (lmtwa)      Join Date: May 2001       07-29-2003, 2:32 PM Reply   
I will tell shaun about this thread - he's still on the BYT - check it out http://BackYardTour.com to see where they are. Elsinore today and tomorrow - then bakersfield then Mission Bay -

Not sure when the wedding is yet Jake -
Lloyd
Old    gunther            07-29-2003, 5:51 PM Reply   
Was this shop Performance Ski and surf. I just wanted to ask. i don't know if you'll tell me or not. But congrats.
Old     (lmtwa)      Join Date: May 2001       07-30-2003, 6:47 AM Reply   
Yes it was Performance - Bill Porter owns the shop - great guy and a nice shop in Orlando near OWC - he is sponsoring the BYT stop in Orlando (OWC) in late august - check out http://backyardtour.com
(I can do that Dave - right?- another shameless plug for the BYT) - btw Dave thanks for the lift to the site. Cool videos too. (Double-ups)
Old    absolutofft            07-30-2003, 5:51 PM Reply   
Hey Lloyd I never did hear why Shaun threw the rope up in the air at the finals in Kelowna. Could you maybe fill us in a bit?
Old     (bobbyb)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-30-2003, 6:12 PM Reply   
lloyd, Tell Shaun i said congrats on getting engaged.
Old     (lmtwa)      Join Date: May 2001       07-30-2003, 7:02 PM Reply   
aaron
That was a very controversial situation (I wasn't there so it's hearsay from me). Basically, as he was on the dock getting ready, he told them (in the boat)the boat wasn't weighted correctly and turned to Brett who was in the water and asked his opinion - Brett agreed. As Shaun turned back to the boat, the boat took off and he (As I recall - but I could be wrong) decided to see if it was OK. Kelowna is a very short course so the rider is judged from the moment he leaves the dock and no time for adjustment. He hit his first trick (right after leaving the dock) and decided it wasn't right and threw the handle. Judges said "No re-ride". Shaun had been penalized earlier in the year for not throwing the handle when a double-up wasn't right - so he thought that was appropriate. Anyway - he lost the discussion, and was so upset during his run that he (according to Shaun) rode poorly and as a result didn't qualify. Now - Bisch might have a different slant - that's mine as I remember.
Old    gunther            07-30-2003, 7:49 PM Reply   
Sorry one more question Lloyd, does she have blonde hair, i don't even know if any other ladies work there but, so blonde girl sold me some highbacks when i came down in june. I was just wondering if that was her.
Old     (lmtwa)      Join Date: May 2001       07-31-2003, 4:38 AM Reply   
If it was this June it wasn't Keri - she hasn't worked at Performance in a year or so. She has slightly darker than blonde hair(ok so I don't know hair color very well).
Here's a picture of her
http://lloyd1.50megs.com/XGames2002/P8130020.jpg
she's in the red Fox shirt -
Old     (jarabacoa)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-31-2003, 6:11 AM Reply   
Lloyd,
My wife, daughter and I hung out at a BYT last year in IN and Keri started talking to us about marriage and children; in front of Shaun. You could tell she was trying to get him to get in on the conversation, but he wanted no part of it. He instantly changed the subject. So to hear that he is engaged is...well...congratulations.
Old     (lmtwa)      Join Date: May 2001       07-31-2003, 6:15 AM Reply   
There is a time to be single.... and a time to wed... and ... thanks....
Old    gunther            07-31-2003, 5:46 PM Reply   
Ok, thats not the girl that sold me the bindings, but thanks for answering my questions. YES!! LLOYD ROCKS!!!! YOUR THE MAN LLOYD, YOUR THE MAN.

yeah i guess shauns cool to.
Old     (nautiboarder)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-31-2003, 8:18 PM Reply   
Lloyd, i've been riding with josh (the kneeboarder) for some time. I've always been on him not to bring that stupid thing along because it takes up so much room in my boat. He always gives it back to me, so here a while back I told him if I landed a backroll he wasn't aloud to bring it along anymore. Well guess what? I did not land it. So oh well. Here latley though, he hasn't brought it, he's really improving on the wakeboard and he has kindof given it up. You better stay on him, he's your last hope!
Old     (lmtwa)      Join Date: May 2001       08-01-2003, 9:00 AM Reply   
Don't quit on me now Josh! I know kneeboarding will make a comeback on the pro-tour.... or we can use it for an ironing board.