Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2003

Old    lforcerider            07-21-2003, 3:46 AM Reply   
I just got some brand new 2002 ultra suctions and slipping in and out of them is pretty tough without loading them up with lube. Anybody got some tips on how to loosen them up a bit?
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-21-2003, 9:07 AM Reply   
give 'em the hot water treatment. Set 'em in some hot hot water, then put 'em on in some more hot water and wear 'em for a while, maybe even walk around. Once they feel good go put 'em in come cooler water and they should be molded to your feet. How many times have you ridden them? Mine are pretty broken in and I've tightened them down almost all the way. The only way that I can get in 'em with out lube is if it's a pretty hot day and they've been sittin' in the sun. Getting in and out is just kind of a struggle with those bindings but once you get it down, trust me they're so worth it.
Old     (bond)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-21-2003, 9:56 AM Reply   

I had the same problem, new 03 Ultra Storm Troopers, Feet go in easy but trying to get out well that was another story, I did all the hot "Bath" treatment, loosened up the wraps, still cannot get out of them. Then one day I was out with some friends and my buddy said, hey try these Solbounds out, Well the rest is history.
EASY IN - EASY OUT.

Old     (jonm)      Join Date: Jan 2002       07-21-2003, 12:59 PM Reply   
I have 03 ultras. Getting them on and off is still a trick. I started riding them at the start of the year. I have slender 10.5 feet in large bindings. I loosened the overlays right off and there was still a great deal of discomfort through the top of my feet. They were super tight. I have just been sucking it up and riding through the pain. I finally broke them in this weekend to the point that they didn't bother me anymore. They were feeling great on Saturday. I will never be able to put them on without lube though. A few more weeks and they should be coming off no problems.

They are super comfy now, but what a pain in the ass. I will love the bindings now but doubt I will go through the grief if I should ever need another pair.

PS: I had no luck with the hot water trick.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-21-2003, 2:24 PM Reply   
I have a slender 10.5 foot and I tightened my larges down or else I would just pop out. Don't be a weenie.
Old     (gvb)      Join Date: May 2003       07-22-2003, 2:17 PM Reply   
I measure at a size 10 and wear a size 11. Without trying them on I went with the XL ultras. They are a bitch to get off and on, once on they feel loose. I will probably tighten down the toe portion of the binding and leave the ankle support where it is.
Old    wakeboardjo            07-22-2003, 9:22 PM Reply   
One thing with the ultras besides just tightening/loosening the overlays is that you can move them towards the heels or toes, I really like it because i can specifically tighten them down how i like
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       07-25-2003, 10:49 PM Reply   
After almost 3 months my Ultras are almost comfortable. I'm still having problems with the area just behind my toes. I've had it suggested to get some thin but dense plastic or rubber, cut some strips and use them to place in between the base plate and the plastic.
Old    chrispy1            07-26-2003, 11:28 AM Reply   
my 01 ultras were the same way , but after a couple of years they are nice and comfy.
Old    saxosham            07-27-2003, 11:31 AM Reply   
I have size 13 feet and wear XL ultras, i stuffed large water bottles down them, and bottles down along the footbed. After like the 5th time riding with them I can finally get the bindings off in the water without lube. I was previously climbing into the boat at the end of my set and rubbing lube all around my feet to get them off.