Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 04, 2009

Old     (familyman)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-07-2009, 7:47 AM Reply   
Happy Labor day fellow Wakeworld friends. I have been getting close to pulling the trigger on a new Mobius LSV and so many of you have given so much valuable advice.

Since I have never gone to a boat show I wanted to ask any of you who are familiar w/ boat shows.

First of all does anyone know a schedule of boat shows? I'm in Nor Cal. Also what kind of deals can you get at these shows?

If I can save a few more thousand dollars then I'd rather do that.

My fear is that I will stretch myself to get a Mobius LSV now and then the boat shows come along and I learn I could have saved a lot of $$.

I know I am going back and forth but I don't want to have buyers regret on such a large purchase.

Thanks to all in advance.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-07-2009, 8:20 AM Reply   
I read your other post... it said you could have an LSV for $35K now. I gotta be honest, saving a few $k off $35K on an LSV is unlikely, even at the boat show. In fact, it's more likely that the price will go up becuase the leftovers you are looking at now might be gone and you'll be left with new 2010 models.

My comment in the other thread about things changing between now and the boat show was NOT about the price coming down. It was more about your preferences and/or budget being different.

If you're sure your budget will still be $35K and that you will still want an LSV, then I agree with everybody else, hit the LSV now.

Buying any brand new v-drive for $35k is a great deal... really hard to find them for less.
Old     (familyman)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-07-2009, 8:30 AM Reply   
thanks DBC
Old     (supraman)      Join Date: Jan 2002       09-07-2009, 9:10 AM Reply   
Most boat manufacturers are trying desperately to pull inventories in line with demand. Many companies are trying to do that now so that they're not carrying crazy discounts onto the 2010 books. I work in the industry and when friends have asked questions similar to yours, my honest assessment is that some of the deals available now will not be available in 2010.

Of course this may not be true for all manufacturers and dealers, and I have no specific knowledge of the strategy over at Moomba/Supra/Skier's Choice.
Old     (texasmoombav)      Join Date: May 2009       09-07-2009, 10:15 AM Reply   
Bryan,
35k for a brand new LSV is a great deal.
Go For It!
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-07-2009, 11:06 AM Reply   
The boat pricing is like the housing thing. When there was a lot of inventory the prices were falling but once all the inventory goes away it will stabilize and prices will rise. Simple economic law in play here- supply and demand. No one can tell you what will happen next year for sure but 35K is a great price now. The manufacturers are the ones dropping pricing to allow the dealers to clear out the boats. They have laid off a bunch of people and are going to build less boats to survive this downturn. The extra boats are disappearing daily. Most of the dealers in my area have near empty lots.