Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2009

Old     (norcal_wakejunky)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-08-2009, 12:07 PM Reply   
A buddy of mine got a job in Chicago and just left yesterday from Southern Oregon towing his SAN 210. He asked me if I could do a little research to find any wakeboard spots along his journey. I think he will be on I-80 for a lot of the trip and he said he thinks he will be stopping in Fort Collins, CO and somewhere in Iowa. Does the wakeworld community know of good riding spots along the I-80 route and would the closest cable park be Kansas City Watersports? Thanks
Old     (chicagomastercraft)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-08-2009, 1:23 PM Reply   
Tell him to come in when he finally makes it to Chicago! Tons of great water in the area to ride....
Old     (norcal_wakejunky)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-09-2009, 9:52 AM Reply   
bump
Old     (shredhead)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-09-2009, 11:15 AM Reply   
I went to school in Ft. Collins. Horsetooth can be really good early. Just north of the fort there are a bunch of little lakes, most of them are private, but maybe he can get onto one of those..

Leaving Ft. Collins he'll take rt. 14 to Sterling.
There's a reservoir right there at the intersection of 14 & I-76. Don't know the name.

Right after I-76 merges with I-80 is Ogalla. Lake Mcconaughy is only a couple of miles north.
Good camping and really nice beaches.

http://www.lakemcconaughy.com/

I don't know much about the rest of NE or IA, I'm usually trying to get through as fast as I can.

I would probably stop in Davenport and ride the Mississippi. Take I-88 after Davenport and he could stop in Dixon and ride the Rock River.
Old     (norcal_wakejunky)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-09-2009, 12:18 PM Reply   
update......they are in eastern nebraska. thinking of hitting a lake in Iowa. saylorville, red rock, coralville?
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-09-2009, 12:56 PM Reply   
Clear Lake in IA. A bit out of the way.
Old     (norcal_wakejunky)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-09-2009, 2:29 PM Reply   
so they plan on wakeboarding on the des moines river, does anyone know where they should launch? or are there any other good spots near des moines?
Old     (stepintoliquid)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-09-2009, 2:48 PM Reply   
As Eric stated above, there is an excellent wakeboard community in the northwest suburbs of Chicago. The Chain o Lakes and Fox river is full of wakeboard boats.
Old     (dbdb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-10-2009, 11:46 AM Reply   
Does he already have a place he plans on riding once he gets to Chicago?