Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-06-2009, 2:39 PM Reply   
Anybody who has this installed ever have a problem with water leaking into the bilge? I can't figure out where the water is coming from,and am thinking it might be through the exhaust ports where the FAE is hooked up. Should I have put a bead of silicone around the flange before I installed it? I am sure I put silicone on the screws, but not sure if I did the flange. Anybody know if it is possible to have a leak in this location? I might take it off and re-install. (with silicone)
Old     (chadgreg)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-06-2009, 3:23 PM Reply   
Call FAE they will help you. I installed mine and haven't had any problems. I think I remember putting on some sealant and letting it sit over night.

http://www.freshairexhaust.com/_Documents/Install_Instruct.pdf
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-07-2009, 7:12 AM Reply   
For water to get into the bilge there would have to be a hole in the exhaust that would be there whether the FAE was on or not. It's probably from another source.
Old     (niap101)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-08-2009, 8:22 AM Reply   
From FAE:
Your boat's exhaust system is sealed and FAE is mounted "outside" the sealed area; therefore, the FAE will not cause a leak into your bilge.

Determine if the leak occurs with the engine off or with the engine running. If the leak occurs with the engine running, look at your water pump and hoses for leaks. If the leak occurs with the engine off, look everywhere.

If you are heavily ballasted for wakesurfing, you may be getting water over the side of your boat.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-08-2009, 12:01 PM Reply   
Thanks, Larry. If your shaft seal needs replaced do you think excessive water could be coming in from there? sometimes I get so much that the harmonic balancer starts to throw water up all over the engine. Also my auto bilge pump works but it doesnt seem to come on by itself, I have to hit the switch.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-08-2009, 5:10 PM Reply   
Hey Larry, My emails all bounce. Tell me more about your water wing...
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-14-2009, 10:10 PM Reply   
If I recall the blower ports on the avy are on the side. You may be picking up water on the side when you are weighted. On my 2000 MC X-Star I get some water in my bilge when surfing if I de-throttle a little to quick due to the fact that the blower ports are in the rear, so if I de-throttle the wake comes and splashes a little and goes through the port.