Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 15, 2009

Old     (bflat53212)      Join Date: Mar 2003       01-12-2009, 10:24 AM Reply   
I started a thread a long time ago about this project, but it's now closer to being done. I pull out the seats (the backseat fell apart and I had to rebuild), I pulled up the carpet, I used epoxy on the floor to harden it and used filler in some gaps on the floor braces. I had the seats re-vinlyed, I installed a Monster Tower w/ board racks and mirror and I installed a ballast system. By the way, yes I know I put the back legs of the Monster Tower on backwards, it's ok. Here are my photos:

Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload

What I would still like to get. A new stereo and speakers, GPS Perfect Pass (I don't ride on rivers) and a bimini for the hot Florida sun. I still need to work on the distribution of the weight and possible add more weight, even though I'm already running 1,600 lbs in this small little boat. I really enjoy riding nice meaty wakes.

(Message edited by bflat53212 on January 12, 2009)
Old     (bflat53212)      Join Date: Mar 2003       01-12-2009, 10:29 AM Reply   
It won't let me edit the post by adding another picture and I realized I forgot the finished backseat shots.

Upload
Upload

(Message edited by bflat53212 on January 12, 2009)
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-12-2009, 11:37 AM Reply   
Holy crap - good job man!! That looks like a wake beast for sure!!
Old     (saceone)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-12-2009, 11:47 AM Reply   
good stuff. too bad you couldn't find/fit a FCT tower on there. have fun!
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-12-2009, 1:09 PM Reply   
Nice idea with the trunk at the back seat.
Old     (bflat53212)      Join Date: Mar 2003       01-12-2009, 1:14 PM Reply   
Thanks guys. It was a lot of work and to tell you the truth, I have no desire of ever doing it again. There are still a million little details that went wrong, but I'll try to keep my mouth shut when people coming on, so I don't point them out.

I got the boat on the cheap and I have had multiple mechanics tell me the motor is in really good shape.
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-12-2009, 2:26 PM Reply   
Good to see it finally finished. Let me know when you are going out again.
Old     (illini88)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-12-2009, 3:20 PM Reply   
How bad was doing the carpet from a time and money standpoint?
Old     (pwningjr)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-12-2009, 3:21 PM Reply   
Not to be a downer, but... How are the stringers?
Old    murrayair            01-12-2009, 3:40 PM Reply   
I love the rear trunk space! That was something I always wished my old 2001 had. Great job!
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       01-12-2009, 4:16 PM Reply   
Nice work! You'll the dig sunpad, so will any female passengers.

Did you have to buff/polish the gelcoat? looks good...
Old     (malibuboats4)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-12-2009, 4:37 PM Reply   
that looks awesome. what is the beam on that boat?
Old     (bflat53212)      Join Date: Mar 2003       01-12-2009, 4:45 PM Reply   
Will do John.

SS, the carpet wasn't too bad. The best advice I got was to pull the existing carpet and keep them as a template. Use that to cut your new pieces. I then just used outdoor carpet glue from Lowes or Home Depot. I really can't remember the price on the carpet, but it's marine grade. I would guess all together about $300-400. But this made the biggest difference in the boat in my opinion. Install time was about 3-4 hours total, but only because you are being extremely careful to not get glue on the good side of the carpet.

No downer Dan C, the stringers were very solid. I just filled in some cracks in the wood brace, but it was not soft or damaged wood. I also wanted to beef up the floor a little, so that's why I laid epoxy down.

Thanks, Sly. Trying to get everything to fit for the bag and yet have room for the seat, was a bit tricky. As you know space is precious in these things.

Nacho-I think the gelcoat is looking good in the pictures, but it's not good at all. There are definitely bubbles and spots that the shine from the gelcoat is completely wore off and will never come back. I don't mind. It's 24 year old boat and like I said, the fact that the motor, the stringers and the hull are in good shape, I'm quite happy with it.
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-12-2009, 5:36 PM Reply   
Nice work. That boat is sweeeet.
Old     (wakeboard19)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-12-2009, 6:32 PM Reply   
Nice job. It's gotta feel good to see it come together!
Old     (bremsen)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-13-2009, 5:38 AM Reply   
Nice job Skubs! I knew it was possible to build a rear sunpad/enclosure and still have a back seat.