Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 21, 2003

Old    dcoleman            04-09-2003, 9:43 AM Reply   
I am a first time boat owner and just want to get some input on stereo equipment. Boat has a skylon swoop on it. I need a deck, amp, speakers for the tower and in. If someone has pictures thats great.
Old     (tigeal)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-09-2003, 4:05 PM Reply   
Danny, I just upgraded mine and here is what I went with, Sony xm70 head unit, rm-xm10 marine remote, stock infinity speakers, stock infinity basslink(for now),titan bullets-2 mid bass-2 reg.,2 pheonix gold Ti-500.4 amps. sounds good!
sorry no pics, boat is covered and crammed in the garage with tower folded down.
Old     (hatepwcs)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-09-2003, 4:12 PM Reply   
Alan- Time to change your screen name to Malibual!!!
Old     (tigeal)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-09-2003, 4:29 PM Reply   
Ya I know, but the whole name thing seems kinda lame anyway.
Old    dcoleman            04-09-2003, 4:36 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info. I do not any stock stereo stuff. I was going to do it myself. I like the look of the defcon 4's for the tower, either MB Quart or ecclipse inside, and don't know about a sub. I heard soundstream is pretty good. How is the Sony deck as far as skipping?
Old     (tigeal)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-09-2003, 5:23 PM Reply   
I just installed mine and have yet to water test it. But from what I heard with others it does not skip if deck is mounted solid. There is so much stuff out there it makes your head spin, I'm just glad mine is finished and ready for the new season, Although I will be upgrading the sub system with another pheonix gold Ti and not sure what speaker yet.
Old    dcoleman            04-09-2003, 7:10 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info!!!
Old    dcoleman            04-10-2003, 10:25 PM Reply   
Help me! I am thinking about using the sony cdx-mp70, 2 pair of 6.5 kickers, defcon 3 on the tower, 2 12" comp VR, 2 kx600.4 (Kicker)for the tower and 6.5's, and a kx500.2 for the subs. Anyone please tell me what you think. 2003 vlx
Old     (batman)      Join Date: Nov 2001       04-11-2003, 10:12 PM Reply   
I have an 02 VLX and where on earth do you put "TWO" 12" subs and have room? It takes so much air space that the boxes would eat up all your space. I have a 8" Diamond Audio sub in a box under the driver area and eight Diamond audio speakers with a Kicker 550.3 amp and it sounds great. I have an Alpine MP3 player and love it.
Old    shifty_prick            04-11-2003, 10:31 PM Reply   
I'm taking the sound system out of our old Matrix and i bought a standard sony explode system for the new malibu response (2003 model)

make sure to get a remote controll coz its a pain in the ass having the system mounted kinda under everything.

What you got sounds good man, but i've got a 15" sub under the bow rider instead of having hangin off the tower. Well, i'm not sure we're having a tower at the moment so yeah, thats more the reaoson.
Old     (wkerat)      Join Date: Sep 2002       04-12-2003, 4:23 PM Reply   
MIKE,
I have 2 12's in my VLX...They fit you just have to choose subs that take smaller boxes. I do installs at a marina and may even bump up to 2 15's next year... Here is my boat, you can see where I put the subs. http://www.sounddomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=294868
Old     (batman)      Join Date: Nov 2001       04-17-2003, 8:37 PM Reply   
Great looking setup Roy and nice looking ride. Does that box on driver side interfere with foot room? Have a heater on that boat? Does the sub box on passenger space take up alot of room? We took the sub box out of passenger space and mounted new box under driver side out of sight so that it fires at dash and WOW! I just needed the space in passenger area and may put a backup battery in there. My only wish is remote, but my stereo only has hand held and my stereo guy is making custom plexiglass covers for my Malibu as a test. If it works out I told him I would distribute out to the marketplace as a replacement.
Old     (wkerat)      Join Date: Sep 2002       04-17-2003, 9:10 PM Reply   
I made it so the passenger box ends right where the bottom of the panel Malibu puts in there is, I don't have a heater but could fit one on top of the box if i wanted it. The sub weighs 40 pounds and with the box i know it is close to a 100 so i did not want to mount it up above, but with the right sub selection (no monsters like i chose) and a lighter box (all fiberglass would be nice) it would work great.

For the passenger side I made the box so the back follows the same angle as the hull of the box, the edge ends right where the opening for the seat is, so if i want i can fit a slalom ski in there between the box and the battery. I have yet to find a highoutput alternator that fits a malibu (they use a really small model on the new motors) so I may add a second battery as well, and if so am pretty sure I can fit it in front of the sub box so i can still fit a ski in there.

If the plexi doesn't work, go to www.go2pac.com, i am pretty sure they have a infared extender that will work.

You can fit a lot in there if you are willing to customize and give up space, I don't need room for boards since i have racks so i decided i could afford it, but i wanted some storage and since i wanted loud bass i went with a high powered monster. I do the installs at a marina so i have seen a lot of mistakes ( i had to fix some) where peole picked the wrong equipment and got mad beacuse their boat had speakers everywhere but was not as loud... Just like a car, the install is more important than anything.