Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2008

Old    Ben Kerran            06-28-2008, 4:19 PM Reply   
So I am launching out of Orwood for the last 6 months or so and really enjoying the Delta butter. I have done some archive searching and have found some great maps/info on the Delta in general. One thing I can't seem to find is any information on an area that would be good for allowing the kids to swim for a while after we ride. We usually launch out of Orwood and ride Vic's and then circle back. Is there anywhere in that general vicinity suitable to drop anchor (light traffic) and let them swim behind the boat for a while?
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-28-2008, 4:56 PM Reply   
if you want a killer place to chill on the way back and not have to worry about some d-head running your kids over, just pull in to the bay, i.e. lido bay that is. just get your float on and chill. just make the left into the bay just before you hit the 5 mph at the corner on your way in. shoot straight across into lido bay. safe fun and chill. just keep the volume down a little and its all good.
Old     (rvh3)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-28-2008, 5:18 PM Reply   
Bryan is exactly right. We have pulled into one of the coves in DB and there was an awesome inflateable playground with tramp, slide, ect. The people were on their deck and saw us letting the kids get wet and invited them to play on the "playground".The kids had a blast for well over an hour, when I made them get back into the boat. They always ask to go back and I have to tell them the invite was good for one visit. Good fishing in the coves also.
Old     (rdmb)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-28-2008, 5:28 PM Reply   
Rod, Do you fish out of the SAN?
Old     (timber)      Join Date: May 2004       06-28-2008, 6:17 PM Reply   
If you go behind ski beach, and stay to the left, there is a beach back there (Berkley beach?) It is always shill back there.
Old     (rvh3)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-28-2008, 7:09 PM Reply   
Dave,
No, but I used to fish out of my 92' Excel. If the right occasion occurs I will fish from the SAN. I won't let any fish past the swim deck and take very good care of my poles/ hooks. I love fishing almost as much as hanging out and wakeboarding. A couple more years and I think fishing will take over.
Old     (rdmb)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-28-2008, 11:07 PM Reply   
I've heard the same about Berkeley beach. Never stopped there but supposed to be family oriented.

Sorry for the hijack:

Rod, We love to fish out of our Sanger. We go to a lake up north every summer and either fish in our boat or my buddy's X-10. All the guys go out in their fishing boats and we usually out fish them. We are just really careful with the fish and clean up constantly. In my dry humor, I even sport a Gamakatsu sticker on my wakeboard. I figure fishermen will know what it means and other wakeboard people will wonder if it's the new craze in wake accessories.

I would trade the Sanger for an aluminum jet but don't think the rest of the family would like that.
Old     (chilidog)      Join Date: Dec 2007       06-29-2008, 11:34 AM Reply   
The wife and I go into the db coves all the time if we are just having a sun/swim day, It's cool to anchor out by the 5 markers and watch the other boats go by, but you get wakes rockin you around, but the coves in DB are prime for just chillin with your family, not the best place for the beer bong and 1 boat stereo contests though....
Old    Ben Kerran            06-29-2008, 4:51 PM Reply   
Sweet, thanks all. We have stopped in DB last couple of times, just ddn't want to disturb people on there deck with my kids screeching :-). Will also check out the "Berkely Beach" next time out. Thanks again
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-29-2008, 10:59 PM Reply   
ill 3rd the berkly beach. no one is ever there and the beach there is always empty/ mellow, if anyone is even there. good place to go to keep the kids away from ski beach. either that of go to ski beach early and ride later. to tell you the truth ski beach has been pretty chill lately with the heavy price of gas. lately there has been mostly families posted up there and less of the riff raff
Old     (norcalbordr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-30-2008, 7:25 AM Reply   
yeah, anywhere there is a 5 mph zone is safe to just anchor out and let the kids swim. Esp if you are heading back to Orwood from Vics, just cruis down Indian Slough and hit up the 5 mph at Disco Bay
Old     (chilidog)      Join Date: Dec 2007       06-30-2008, 9:54 AM Reply   
I second ski beach being chill lately, surprisingly mellow a couple Saturdays ago, although beer bottles were flying into the bushes and I stepped on glass and cut my foot then cut my finger trying to find said piece of glass so someones little kid didn't do the same as me, we'll be there in the morning on the 4th then bounce once it gets too hectic.....
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       06-30-2008, 10:30 AM Reply   
we cruised by yesterday about 5:30 it was packed at least 50-75 boats still and the girls dancing on the sunpads and all the guys standing on the beach tryin to look hard and watching the girls dance. It looked like the same crowd
Old     (kickflip_mj)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-30-2008, 4:42 PM Reply   
i got a better one, go to union point side go all the way to the end of vics, keep going straght and follow the levee on your right, past the homes and before you reach the next main channel (forgot the name) on your left there is a small channel, really sicluded in the trees.. give that a go
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-30-2008, 5:21 PM Reply   
yea yesterday ski beach was pretty buisy. it was mellow till about 3:30 and then it veryone started partying. i like it. the whole bottle and trash thing is way better. someone brought out like 5 trash cans and everyone was puttin there trash in them. first time ive been and there hasnt been piles of cans and bottles all over. pretty cool.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-30-2008, 10:41 PM Reply   
yah it was Bret from disco with the white v230 and all the chicks. saw him today and he said they did it. really cool imo. now if we could only get rid of the real trash. i.e. weekend roid pumping D-bags. lol