Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 29, 2007

Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       11-16-2007, 1:05 PM Reply   
I just got some Ronix cells, brand new so they are not heat molded. I know there is a lot of controversy in the air about people heating them themselves and such at home if, like me, dont have a real close shop with a heating machine they can take them to. I know some ppl called up Ronix and got suggestions of oven temps and such...wondering if anyone has any input on how i can heat mold them myself and can save me the hassle of searching archives, calling up ronix and all that jazz! Thanks in advance
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       11-16-2007, 1:18 PM Reply   
Oh yeah...and the Whole J bars thing, where do they go? Thanks for the help, im new to Ronix and LOVING it!!!
Old     (jayson_49)      Join Date: May 2007       11-16-2007, 1:29 PM Reply   
i've never had to heat mold wake boots but for snowboard boots i.e., ThirtyTwo, if you use too much heat like from a hairdryer the boots will harden and be uncomfortable and useless. use LOW heat for about 20 min on each and put them on tight for about an hour. worked for me on my 32's but not sure if the same applies for wake boots based on the materials in the boots. hope this helps a little
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       11-16-2007, 1:56 PM Reply   
If you peel the inner boot away from the outer shell, you'll see the velcro piece that the J-Bar attaches to... It's way down there, don't confuse it with the upper velcro piece. I believe it's in the same shape of the J-Bar for proper alignment.

For the forming the liner... I think a hairdryer would be okay, if you use it's lowest heat... But that's YOUR call. The warning on the instructions say that the max temp for the machine is 125°C. I don't think you need to wait an hour... I think you'd be okay with 5 minutes, only because that's what the instructions say. Also, don't overtighten them... 'Tighten the boot to a medium fit.'

Good luck!
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-16-2007, 3:23 PM Reply   
Do you mean 125F. And by the way how can you get that little degree symbol after the number.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-16-2007, 4:26 PM Reply   
when i molded mine, i want to say that they heated them too around 135-140 farenheight (sp?)

but i could be wrong
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       11-16-2007, 4:27 PM Reply   
No, I mean 125°C... Which is exactly what the directions say.

In the upper right corner of your screen, you should see a link for Help/Instructions... Select it, then read it.
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-16-2007, 6:48 PM Reply   
125c has got to be like 250f thats got to be pretty warm to get it to mold it to your foot. There is no way a hair dryer would even come close to that.
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       11-17-2007, 2:24 PM Reply   
yeah thats really warm, i dont think ill be doing that! i dont know what to do, oven them or not..Caleb seems to have the most reasonable post but i might just call Ronix up or somethin
Old     (wpg_waker)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-17-2007, 2:36 PM Reply   
you can't go wrong contacting ronix. they produce them n know all the specs in detail. i'm sure they'll have a couple ideas for gettin them molded and feeling preemo. although i'm sure their first suggestion will be something along the lines of going to a dealer with their equipment.
Old     (lav)      Join Date: Jun 2007       11-17-2007, 4:09 PM Reply   
do one at a time , preheat oven to temp per directions then turn oven off ,insert liner for 5min , I dont have ronix but this is how i did my SS drivers
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       11-17-2007, 4:28 PM Reply   
Greg, thats the thing, i dont have 'directions' and well...only a cooking oven
Old     (lav)      Join Date: Jun 2007       11-17-2007, 5:01 PM Reply   
set your cooking oven to lowest temp,preheat to that temp and then turn the oven off and insert the liner leave in for about five min remove, insert foot, leave on till cool repeat for other foot you shouldnt have a prob i am not familar with ronix but cant be much different than the drivers.( do only one at a time)
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       11-17-2007, 5:31 PM Reply   
I read somewhere about the hottest water in the hot tub method, i think i might try that method. or just go to my local hockey store where i get my skates molded, my only concern is that the oven temps might differ in temperatures.
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       11-17-2007, 7:13 PM Reply   
So you have two choices.

1. Call Ronix and know FOR SURE what needs to be done.

2. Be lazy and ask a bunch of people on the internet who what you should do. Note that these people may or may not even have a clue what they're talking about.

Please note that the amount of time that you've spent typing posts on this thread would have FAR exceeded the amount of time that it would have taken to go call Ronix and ask them what's up. I would definitely just give them a call. That way they'll be able to tell you want you should do in your situation so that you don't go and put your bindings in the oven at 250F and ruin them then find out that you're SOL because the warranty on your watersports equipment doesn't cover oven/heat damage.
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       11-17-2007, 9:38 PM Reply   
Scott, you bring up great points, what you dont know is that behind the scenes of my 'posts' is work. I have been posting from work 99% of the time and well, i have the luxury of getting on the computer for a few minutes but i cant afford to call Ronix and sit and wait on the CS line. But i will call Ronix, and then...when i have some free time, i will post what Ronix said to me so that no one else wastes their time like i did posting for help from 'people on the internet' . just playin Scott! Thanks for your input
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       11-17-2007, 10:04 PM Reply   
I have the instructions, and I have a scanner... Imagine the possibilities.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       11-18-2007, 9:11 AM Reply   
I threw my 32 liners in the dryer on high for a few minutes then put them on.