Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-28-2007, 9:26 AM Reply   
Heya,

Just started surfing this last week behind my new VRide. I'm sure I still need more weight in the boat, but I'm looking for a board that would help with the surfing. I'm trying a 5'6" Broadcast right now and it just doesn't seem to be doing the trick. I'm not sure if it's slow or not, but it sure feels like it.

We had the boat with 450 sack up front, a 350 on the surf side, factory ballast in the middle and surf side full with the wedge all the way down (power wedge) Oh and we had about 250 of voice activated ballast on the sundeck surf side.

I'm 6'4" and 250.

Ideas on boards? And I'm sure I need more weight.
Old     (leaks)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-28-2007, 9:34 AM Reply   
Give Jerry at Shred Stixx a call. I think one of his Blowfish, or Piranha models would work well for you.
http://www.shredstixx.com/boards.htm
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-28-2007, 9:45 AM Reply   
I am 6' 220lbs and I have the exact same broadcast and it is currently a huge dust collector in my basement. My girlfriend and my buddies fiance can ride the board because they are about 130lbs. We went out and bought the Inland surfer special edition which is the Red Tide and it works awesome for us heavier dudes. I am still trying to dial in my wake which I am sure is smaller then yours because I have a DD but I can still carve up and down the wake. I would may be swap the front 450 with the side 350 to get a bit more weight in the back of the boat. Hope that helps!

http://www.inlandsurfer.com/boards.htm
Old     (goodwin)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-28-2007, 12:34 PM Reply   
Another vote for the Inland Surfer Red Tide.
Plus they are a local company on Lake Sammamish, WA.
Take a look at my '07...
Upload
Old     (dgarland0)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-28-2007, 3:22 PM Reply   
There was someone trying to sell their Red tide this week on the Board section of the classifieds. I think it was ridden only once or twice.

dg
Old     (04gravitygames)      Join Date: Jan 2006       06-28-2007, 3:51 PM Reply   
Hey bro can you give dimesions on the board
Old     (dgarland0)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-28-2007, 5:08 PM Reply   
If you go to the moe page of this site, WW, in the wake stories on the right the is an article called Loogey and Tide that talks about the Red Tide.

dg
Old     (christopher)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-29-2007, 2:28 PM Reply   
Red Tide all the way. I'm about 6' 3" 250 and I can surf it all day long no matter the wake shape or size. I'm almost able to stick a 360 on it so it's not just a cruiser.
Old     (2onboone)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-29-2007, 6:15 PM Reply   
hey i surfed for the first time 2 weeks ago on a blue lake inland surfer i'm 6'3 195
have an avalanche with stock ballast and 2 people
my wife who is 5'0 can also use it
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-29-2007, 7:44 PM Reply   
I'm another 220 rider. An IS Red is a good board, especially if you have a small wake. If you can build a pretty good wake I'd go with an IS Blue.
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-02-2007, 2:29 PM Reply   
Have a red tide heading my way! Can't wait. This Broadcast is heading back down to the dealer. Actually I did ride rope free Saturday.... for 7 seconds!!
Old     (rbeckei)      Join Date: May 2007       07-03-2007, 1:09 PM Reply   
I am 272 pounds and I use a inland surfer BLUE. very fast board. Try it, you will love it. I find the Inland surfer RED too big.