Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 11, 2007

Old     (duckguy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-29-2006, 1:18 PM Reply   
What do you guys think of the new board. Compares to a Absolute Plat.?
Old    davisrider            10-29-2006, 2:02 PM Reply   
i dont know about the absolute board, but i have the old 2004, the first to have the flo thru rail design, i like it and i think they should put it back on there, thats what seperates the byerly from any other board.
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-29-2006, 2:46 PM Reply   
I am stoked they got rid of the can openers, I can't wait to try one. I am hoping for the ride of the 03 dna but a little faster and more durable. I guess I will have to wait a little longer to find out.
Old     (nickdakoolkat)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-29-2006, 4:38 PM Reply   
It looks like it will ride like the 03, which was one of my favorite shapes ever, behind the new Watson.
Old     (canada_air)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-13-2006, 4:14 PM Reply   
i have ridden 02 byerly since it came out and cannot find board i like as much. the premier was close but a little to slow. i would love to demo the 142 byerly when comes out or the 142 ronix one. my local shop will not likely get in byerly but will get in the Ronix. very tough call. i wonder if byerly is going to be hyperheavy
Old     (kmcginty)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-13-2006, 7:47 PM Reply   
I also ride the 02 byerly (and the 02 project)and like them both, and am going to get the new byerly board this spring.....just because i like it...so dont take this as useful info. Just felt like posting- my .02
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       11-14-2006, 5:59 AM Reply   
I think the absolute will ride just a little loser than your Byerly. I had the 04 Byerly and just went to the Transcend. The Trans and Absolute ride IMO about the same. There are some little variations but not enough to throw you off.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-14-2006, 6:11 AM Reply   
kevin, i'm curious. how do you know you like it? as far as i know, only hyperlite riders have ridden the board. have you been able to demo it?
Old     (kmcginty)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-14-2006, 10:51 AM Reply   
Sorry Joe, I didnt mean it like that. To clarify, I havent ridden it, or even seen it in person for that matter. I meant to say I like what I see in the pics and that fake leather material hyperlite uses. Again- sorry about the confusion
Old     (mishaplr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-15-2006, 7:51 AM Reply   
The Byerly looks incredible and the shape is got some similarities to the 2003 model which seemed to be the Byerly everyone liked. Except for a very few nobody has ridden it because they have been working on the mold for a bit.
Old     (hoosairboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-15-2006, 8:14 AM Reply   
Does Byerly have a team of riders?