Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 15, 2006

Old     (boarderx)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-19-2006, 3:08 PM Reply   
Im having a problem with my ballast sometime they dont want to fill.Do you have any suggestion?
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-19-2006, 4:03 PM Reply   
It should be under warranty, take it to the dealer...If not, pull the pumps and check them out. If it is anything like mine the plug is the problem. If so, bypass it.

(Message edited by byrd on September 19, 2006)
Old     (nuts4water)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-19-2006, 4:52 PM Reply   
The pumps work better if you are moving. It helps get them pre-primed and wet before you start to fill the tanks.
Old     (swab791)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-19-2006, 6:40 PM Reply   
WHAT

More than likely the impellers need to be updated to the NEW
SELF LUBBED Yellow impellers. The older ones tend to lock into
place with age. Talk to your dealer about getting the NEW YELLOW Impellers for the pumps. As far as filling faster under way...never heard of that one.
Old     (xesstar)      Join Date: Nov 2005       09-20-2006, 5:19 AM Reply   
Hi George,
Check out the fuse box to see if one of the pump fuses has tripped.
The box is inside the port side rear storage and is hidden underneath the heater tube.
If it's not that then it will be worn impellers as mentioned above.
Hope this might help.
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-20-2006, 7:35 AM Reply   
TJK,
he didn't say they fill faster when underway. He said that it helps to get them primed. We have had 4 mastercrafts and on all but 1 we have needed to occasionally prime the pumps by putting the boat in reverse. This is a pretty common fix to a pretty common problem. I had never heard of those yellow impellers before. definately worth looking into.
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       09-20-2006, 7:59 AM Reply   
Matthew,

Def. Check out the yellow impellers, Ski World hooked me up a set & when I swapped out my rubber ones several of the fins were missing...
Old     (ctrippin)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-20-2006, 6:17 PM Reply   
haha sell ur mastercraft and never buy another one! my buddy had the same problem along with a long list of others with his new x2...my only suggestion to u is to sell that thing and get a natique 210!
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-20-2006, 7:23 PM Reply   
I got one of those yellow ones and that is the only one that is super slow.I have to get in there and check it but they said like 3 years and it's been 3 weeks.The other 2 pumps are still working killer on the original impellers.