Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 23, 2006

Old     (wake_boarder49)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-21-2006, 9:23 PM Reply   
I recently bought a pair of 2005 Jstar Lyman bindings. I have a really old board its a '96 O'brien Full Nelson, I need to upgrade my board badly. I've been looking on BuyWake for a new board.
1. A Murray 142,
2. Jstar Lyman 136,
3. CWB Absolute 135 or 141,
4. Transcend 138,
5. 3DS 139,
6. Liquid Force Team.
The 3DS and Team i could buy locally but it'll probably cost around $350 for either one when i can get the other boards off BuyWake for a hundred bucks less. I live in Canada so shipping would be more and the exchange rate and all that but it should still be cheaper. I cant try these boards out because its still way to cold so im going on reviews and stuff so any imput on any of those boards would be great. I ride behind an I/O mostly. Also whats the difference between an agressive continuous rocker and a subtle 3 stage? They're shouldnt be alot of difference.

Thanks

(Message edited by wake_boarder49 on March 21, 2006)
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-22-2006, 9:45 AM Reply   
I like the Absolute shapes, and you can also find Pures and Flames for cheaper that are older (but still great) Absolute shapes. The Transcend is nice too, but I think the Absolute is easier to ride, more forgiving and seems to do everything pretty well, like tracking, good pop, and it's not too slow for a 3 stage. I have ridden some continuous boards, but I always go back to 3 stages. It depends on what type of ride you like.
Old     (airwarrior04)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-22-2006, 9:47 AM Reply   
A lot of people on this board are going to say may different things. For me I would tell you to demo the most boards you can and go from there.

Old     (airwarrior04)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-22-2006, 9:54 AM Reply   
Sorry I just noticed you said you cannot demo. Sorry for that lame post.

Well out of all of those I would say a 3DS because thats the only board out of those 6 I have ridden.
I love the pop of the 3DS and I love the feel.
I personally ride the 05 parks. So this is why I liked the fast aggresive feel of the 3DS. I was ridding it with the 0.7 A wing fins at the time at it felt perfect.

I have also heard the new murray is really really good too.

-Zach
Old    tcboarder            03-22-2006, 10:01 AM Reply   
i would say go on ebay and look at grizzly-sports. they got some kickin deals on hyperlites, you can get there 05 bio boards for 150 and you can get there 05 dna boards for 200. they are mostly all auctions but they have so many that if you just wait it out you can get them for what the reserve is set at. which is 150 or 200.
Kevin
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       03-22-2006, 10:21 AM Reply   
Well they are all great boards, are they 05's you are lookin at? If they are the Absolute dident change much from 05 to 06 so that is a great board. I ride the 06 Trancend platnium and love it my alltime favorite but the 05 is to slow IMO. Murray always has great boards and I have heard nothing but great things about his 06 board, but to me CWB is makin the best product the last couple of years so I would say get a CWB. But thats just my opinion.
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-22-2006, 1:29 PM Reply   
Just call Grizzly. They usually give you a good deal anyway and you don't need to hassle with ebay. RV is really great to deal with!
Old     (wake_boarder49)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-22-2006, 4:30 PM Reply   
Well I think what I'm going to do is either buy an O'brien Valhalla, maybe a murray, off ebay or buy the 3DS here because even on ebay the prices are relatively close to 300 bucks. Or i can get an O'brien Vision off ebay for $250. I don't want to spend alot of money but anythings got to better than the ancient board I've got now and like I said i can't demo anything out right now. My only other option is to demo boards this year and catch them on sale next year.

(Message edited by wake_boarder49 on March 22, 2006)
Old     (bfa)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-22-2006, 8:08 PM Reply   
Hi Carson, I live in the Okanagan too, Malibu demo's for $50 (bit pricey if you ask me). They carry alot of Hyperlite, Rayburns does the deal if you buy one and aren't happy you can take it back and trade for another. They also carry hyperlite and a few other brands. I called quite a few places and only found Malibu doing demos. I'm going to try the Murray or the Syn this year. We're hoping to be out in another couple of weeks for a bit of surfing at least.
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-22-2006, 8:15 PM Reply   
I have ridden the Vision and it is a nice shape, but I rode it at a 135 and I am 6'4" and close to 200 lbs so it rode really small for me.
Old     (wake_boarder49)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-22-2006, 9:39 PM Reply   
Well I'm pretty sure im gonna go for the Valhalla or Vision. I can get the Valhalla for about $310 and the Vision for about $250 so whats a better buy? I'm 5'6" and 140 pounds and I ride a 142 currently but I would like to downsize to a 139 or 138. The Valhalla is a 138 so that would be good. On ebay theres a 135 Vision but im thinking that might be too small. It's really all preference but I dont want a board that feels too little.

(Message edited by wake_boarder49 on March 22, 2006)