Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 23, 2006

Old     (dgutz84)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-08-2006, 2:05 PM Reply   
I went and checked out an x star this past weekend I must say that the graphics are growing on me. Although I still have my reservations as to whether I really like it. But that got me thinking and I was wondering what other people think about boat graphics in general and in inboards. Baja and eliminators have been going crazy with thier stuff for years. Mastercraft pushes the edge and sets trends in the inboard industry, but it seems that everyone else is just cruising with what seems normal for the past 5 years or so, but nothing comes out as revolutionary or anything. I am more of a classic clean graphic kind of guy like the malibu response with just the "malibu" on the back quarter of the side of the boat. Well anyway, I am rambling, but does anyone else have an opinion?
Old     (padavi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-08-2006, 2:32 PM Reply   
At first i thought the Mastercraft graphics were kinda ugly, but i saw it at the boat show and i liked it. Malibu's graphics are great too, clean cut and pretty simple
Old     (crowmobe540)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-08-2006, 2:43 PM Reply   
I don't really like the mc graphics. If you look close they are just stickers. The one I saw at my boat show....if you looked close enough you could see a seam of the 2 stickers put together. Either that or there was already a stress crack which seems to be a common problem on the MC's.

I do like the Malibu graphics. If you look in this months issue of WBM, Darin Shapiro has 2 Bu's and they are exact opposite color schemes. It is in the back where all the camps are listed. Looks tight.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       03-08-2006, 2:44 PM Reply   
i think its pretty tough to define target market for something like a wakeboard boat. probably why so many companies just follow the trend.

I like gel coat options on the new malibus. I would like to see more gel options as opposed to graphics options. Kinda like MB did with the flames a few years ago. instead of graffiti and tribal give us some cool gel options. Its not like these boats are cheap
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       03-08-2006, 2:46 PM Reply   
Yea Darin's boats in WBM definitely look good. Did you notice the black one's is nose is quite a bit lower than the white one. I wonder which one HE rides behind....
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-08-2006, 7:33 PM Reply   
I really think MC should get some credit for trying something new. Everything in the wakeboat industry has been tribal tribal tribal, and they decided to switch it up with something fresh. Also, they still offer the old skool graphics if your not willing to break the norm.
I still, though, do like the new malibu graphics, especially the gel lines they're using.
Old     (zride)      Join Date: May 2001       03-08-2006, 7:51 PM Reply   
I like the glitter paint on the MC's...but the boat I favor was the grey camo Super Air Nautique. I also like the new tower revisions. Nice interior also.

(Message edited by zride on March 08, 2006)

(Message edited by zride on March 08, 2006)
Old     (lsv_doc)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-08-2006, 7:52 PM Reply   
I really think the MC graphics look like crap, Natiques, MB Sport, malibu and supra all look pretty good. That return to old school does nothing for me.
Old     (zride)      Join Date: May 2001       03-08-2006, 7:55 PM Reply   
Upload
Old     (lsv_doc)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-08-2006, 8:09 PM Reply   
That is a great looking!
Old     (dmcguirt23)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-08-2006, 8:13 PM Reply   
the billabong edition 210 looks almost exaclty like that. i usually like the graphics on nautiques, but i was at the Shreveport boat show and saw the Mastercrafts and the only on i didnt really like was the X-star.
Old     (jpshaff01)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-08-2006, 8:40 PM Reply   
I like the graphics on the 2006 mastercrafts alot. I agree with jeremy though, its pretty stupid that the x-star graphic is two pieces. The one at the detroit boat show had decals that didn't even match up they were offset about 1 cm. I love the camo too.

But in all honestly i'm probably not in the target market for wake boats so my oppinion probably doesnt matter hahaha. I cannot afford one.
Old     (dgutz84)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-09-2006, 9:27 AM Reply   
Does malibu offer different gel coat designs? or just color options to where you can just pick your color scheme? I agree with Nacho though it would definitely be cool for boat companies to offer different gel coat designs. But I guess that would kind of lock you in. At least with graphics you can update and switch them out. I don't think I would want the mastercraft graphics because if the design changes then you cant do anything about it and you ahve an obviously older boat. I like the idea of updating and still having the look of the hottest and latest on the water, not something that is obsolete.
Old     (rmcronin)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-09-2006, 2:27 PM Reply   
Skier's Choice just sent out a survey about their graphics. Although I am a hardcore supporter of theirs, they do need to step up their gelcoat color and pattern choices quite a bit.
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-09-2006, 2:43 PM Reply   
I really like the MC graphics... its about time someone made something different... I really like the x-1, where it is white with orange, its good design and good design does not go out of fashion.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-10-2006, 12:49 PM Reply   
I guess because of my age (43) I lean more toward the "clean" look, no tribal graphics or trendy colors. The metalflake on some of the MC's does look nice.
Props to MC for trying new things, first with the tribal graphics (everyone is copying them now) and the new X-series graphics.
My favorite is the reverse-gel coat graphics. Upload
Old     (rmcronin)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-10-2006, 12:53 PM Reply   
Very sweet! Hope to get behind that somehow this summer.
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-10-2006, 12:57 PM Reply   
I'm looking forward to riding behind your maristar Dave. I think this summer is going to be great, I get off @ 5pm and I'm 10 mins to the Bordentown ramp and even closer to Trenton.
Old     (flyspec14)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-10-2006, 3:51 PM Reply   
Wouldn't it be a benefit to have the ability to change your graphics scheme? I'd have a REALLY tough time throwin big money at say an MB that I knew would be tribal flamed FOREVER. I like the changability... my $.02 may be a bit biased since I do boat graphics for aliving ;)
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-11-2006, 4:29 AM Reply   
schooledrider- I'd love to try a pull behind your Supra as well, not to mention that nice lake you're in. Maybe some friday this summer?

Justin, after work? Oh yeah! Fridays should be good, maybe even some mondays or tuesdays! I'm usually home by 3pm, so we'll have to set something up come summertime!
Old     (rmcronin)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-11-2006, 4:54 AM Reply   
We have a place that specializes in customizing boat exteriors. I often contemplate updating my colors to bass boat sparkles in the summer, but it is usually after 12 beers. If you love your boat, giving it a face lift would be a lot cheaper than buying new.
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-12-2006, 12:20 PM Reply   
As it turns out, there was a jenna jameson team edition Mastercraft. I had to dig a while to find the pictures of it..
Upload
Old    jay_23            03-13-2006, 1:17 PM Reply   
I WOULD RIDE THAT BOAT!!!!!!!!!I MEAN ON THAT BOAT, DAMM I HOPE MY WIFE DOSEN'T SEE THIS