Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (ripcurl74)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-04-2007, 2:41 PM Reply   
what's up guys, just got this board out on the water yesterday with the new x2. Didn't work for us at all...seemed too short, and we were riding the front of it a lot just to keep the board up with the wake. Felt almost too light, and couldn't boost off the top of the wake. Our crew is anywhere from 180 - 200lbs, all experienced riders, so I'm thinkin' it's just too short of a board for us. Any suggestions on other boards we should try? Seems like a good surface trick board but unless you're a lot lighter not meant for aerials....had our boat weighted, but could've been a little bigger.
Old     (ktownrider)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-05-2007, 12:45 AM Reply   
if you're havin trouble with speed, check out Jeff's review of the 07 yellow. sounds very fast
Old     (riverrunner)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-06-2007, 10:15 PM Reply   
I have been riding a Phase5 Oogle for awhile a lot more forgiving for us bigger riders but, still a hot board. I rode the larger drew last month and had similar issues as you just to small of a board for you size. Another board that i have been having a blast with this season is the Walker Project Comp-X 5.0, it has the feel of a surf style board but is very light and breaks loose like a skim style board, light rocker and extremely fast and forgiving. I cut down a set of fins to 2-1/2" a couple of weekends ago and it really loosened it up, fun board.
Old     (surfnfury65)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-07-2007, 9:15 AM Reply   
Hey Jason is that the surf/skate model? What length is it? I am 180# and have been wanting to try one.
Wadd$
Old     (dubguy72)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-08-2007, 8:29 PM Reply   
you could try a prop the medium size phase 5

drews pro model is stricky skim style
Old     (ripcurl74)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-11-2007, 7:46 AM Reply   
I thought the prop was basically the same size? drew's pro model we have is 54". Feels really loose as well, went from a double fin board to the single. We're going to give it another go this weekend and see if we can make it work.
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       06-12-2007, 2:34 PM Reply   
Jason,

Give it another go. I rode the Danielo this past weekend with KenW. and it is now my favorite board. I am 215 and was suprised with how well it rode. There were others who also rode it that were over 200 and everyone really liked the board. I also rode Ken's Walker he mentioned and he isn't lying when he said it's fast! It was too fast for me as I was on the brakes the whole time. We were pretty dialed in though. I think it would be great for med or smaller waves though.

Ken-Post the pics of Rory on the Danielo!

Tim
Wet Sounds
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (ripcurl74)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-13-2007, 7:19 AM Reply   
Thanks Tim, I think we will give it another try this weekend. I hate to just sluff it off after the first ride of the season. Did you change the fin set up/size at all? Or just use the fin that it came with? Huge wave by the way...what boat are you guys rockin' in the pics. Cheers!
Old     (jusstty)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-13-2007, 8:46 AM Reply   
Could always try a Walker. Great boards
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       06-13-2007, 9:27 AM Reply   
we used the stock fin. It is a little small, I want to try a little bit bigger fin and see what that does.

That is Stu's Malibu 23 LSV.
Now coined the "Stu-Nami"

Tim
Old     (locwakeoutlawscom)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-15-2007, 10:52 AM Reply   
That Drew is familiar...

hrm...