Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 01, 2007

Old     (worththewake)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-29-2007, 7:41 PM Reply   
So I took the new boat out this weekend and I'm concerned about a couple issues. Before I get into the issues I need to tell a really long story in a couple of sentences. Got the boat new in October and the problems began there....stains on upholstry, rusted rims, depth finder not installed...the list goes on and on. Now I'm not here to bash anyone but I do have some issues with the way everything has been handled. Stains on the upholstry have not been resolved, rim issue has been resolved, and depth finder issue has somewhat been resolved. When I say somewhat resolved this begins the concerns/issues that I have....I took the boat out this weekend and the dealer was there for a demo day. I talked to them about a week prior and they had informed me that they would help install the depth finder. Guess what! They didn't help but they did tell me what to do. So I did it exactly the way the told me and it worked, well kind of. When the boat is in idle or moving slow the depth finder will read the depth but as soon as I start hitting faster speeds the depth finder will not read the current depth, it will just read the depth at the time before I increase the speed. I don't know if this has to do with the install or what? Next question concerns the ballast system. I took the rear hard tanks out and replaced them with sacs. I seem to be having a problem with one of the sacs. It will fill up but after running a couple of sets it will almost drain completely out. I know it isn't coming out of the drain and I believe it is going back out of the fill line. I asked the dealer about it and he informed me that I should run extra long hose and put a loop in it and this should stop the draining out of the fill line. Is this the solution? Now my last concern: I have noticed that if I pull the cover on the floor to access the center tank I have noticed a hose that has a ring clamp on it that is not hooked up on anything. Obviously it belongs attached to something because it has the ring clamp on it but I have no clue what it gets put on. Needless to say, after trailering the boat I asked the dealer about it he suggested that it is for the center ballast tank but I know that it isn't. The least he could have done was get up in the boat and looked at it but he didn't! I didn't think it was asking much but apparently it was. This is what he told me..there shouldn't be any loose hoses and he had no clue where it goes. Again, I'm not trying to bash anyone I just feel that I can't get the time of day and I certainly don't get my issues resolved going thru the dealer so I have to post on here and get suggestions to fix my new boat. Sorry to make this a long post but I would appreciate any help that you guys can give me because I seem to get little help from the dealer

(Message edited by worththewake on April 29, 2007)
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-29-2007, 7:55 PM Reply   
Dude, take the thing back to the dealer and tell them everything that is wrong. This is BS and there is absolutely no reason why you should be fixing or installing anything on the boat. Now, I am assuming that what you have said it true and nothing that voids the warranty has been done. If the dealer does not take care of you, talk with the boats manufacture and they should do something since the dealership represents the boat manufacture.
Old     (worththewake)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-29-2007, 8:00 PM Reply   
David, thanks and I agree completely! It really pisses me off the way they take care of the customer sometimes. The only problem is I live two hours away and it makes it hard to just swing by their shop and get everything straight with them. I guess I feel like I'm being to picky with everything but than again this is a new boat.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-29-2007, 8:08 PM Reply   
Don't feel like that. You purchased a product with expectations that the dealership said they would do. I am sure the boat cost you some $'s also. They are not going to show up at your doorstep to pick up the boat. Take a day off work/school and drop that thing off. They should do it, not you. The dealership should tell you when you should expect the boat back and keep on calling them to make sure they keep their promise. You are not bothering them but you are a valued customer because you will tell other people about the dealership if the purchase was a good experience.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-29-2007, 8:09 PM Reply   
Just looked at your profile. And you have a Bu... Even better. You should get the service you deserve. Good company and backs their product.
Old     (aircat)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-29-2007, 8:57 PM Reply   
Chris, we bought our boat from the same dealership last year (noticed the back of the shop in your profile pic)and they have taken care of everything that they have told me they would. They have gone through a couple of changes over the last couple of months, but they are getting everything back together now. I would definitely talk to the head guy there and tell him exactly what your issues are, and what you would like done. I moved to charlotte after we bought our boat, and he tried to help me with a couple of issues over the phone as well. Some of them I could fix and some I couldn't. I think he was trying to save me a trip back to the shop, which could be possible in your situation as well. I know that it can be frustrating at times, but I would agree with David, if you tell them exactly what you want done and take them the boat, they will have it fixed for you and let you know when to pick up your boat. Good Luck
Old     (worththewake)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-30-2007, 6:44 AM Reply   
Blue, like I said earlier I'm not bashing the dealers it just gets frustrating when most of the stuff ie ballast and depth finder should have been done by the dealer and they didn't install any of it. Me and a couple of buddies have had to learn how to change out the hard tanks and put sacs in and no we've had to learn how to install the depth finder. I just get frustrated because all of this should have been done by them and not me. After all I'm paying for their product! Not to mention I was over there and talked to them on Saturday and all I got were suggestions, not even "Hey let me look at your boat and see what we can figure out" which is what I would have done if I were the dealer
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-30-2007, 7:32 AM Reply   
Chris, we understand that you are not bashing anyone or boat dealer. This will get you no where fast if you were.

I would assume that the salesperson doing the demo was busy showing potential buyers the boat. I try not to bother my dealers sales people when they are demo'ing because they are trying to sell something and my questions can be resolved at another time. I do go into the store often and talk with them. Even if it is to BS with them or to find something else out. The dealership is there for you.

Yes, it is a lot of work to take the boat 2 hours to deliver it to the dealer but one thing for sure, you will not be disappointed. I would hope that they will get everything back on track and you will be a much happier boater.

Good luck buddy!!!!!
Old     (worththewake)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-30-2007, 4:25 PM Reply   
Little update for you all. I called the factory and they stated that I should run a longer fill line and put a loop in it and the problem should be fixed! If not they have check valves that can be installed. Tried a magic eraser today and no more stains on the interior for the most part. I also called the dealer and talked with him and he is willing to look at the hose that is not attached and he is currently shipping me more ballast hose. Problems solved! Thanks for everyones input!

(Message edited by worththewake on April 30, 2007)
Old     (greg2)      Join Date: May 2002       04-30-2007, 6:42 PM Reply   
A check valve in the fill line will solve your problem without any hassle. The loop in the line may work, but once water starts flowing back out of the drain it's tough to stop.