Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 01, 2007

Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-24-2007, 10:41 AM Reply   
I just got a 95' Supersport and the under the bow playpen seating is a small hole, 12"x8" or something, just wondering how others have added weight through there, do the fly high bow sacks fit and are still easy to fill empty

Any help would be great, Thanks
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-24-2007, 10:49 AM Reply   
Just take the sack and push is through under the passenger side hatch and have some one else pull it through the 12"x8" hole up to the front. I had my girl friend help me get it in there straight. So anybody could do it.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-24-2007, 10:50 AM Reply   
P.S. I love the bow sac under there works great if you plum it in to a system.
Old     (j3t_m3ch)      Join Date: Jun 2006       04-24-2007, 11:06 PM Reply   
OK...I have 3 fat sacks and pumps. Is it hard to install those as a controlled ballast? I know how to install the switch/wiring but What do you use for the tubing? And where do you run the tubing so it gets water? Do you have to secure the fat sacks? Thanks in advance.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-25-2007, 6:47 AM Reply   
I just used 1" reinforced tubing you can get at lowes or homedepot. Also any were you can use 1" pvc piping because it like 1.50 for ten feet and the flexible tubing is 1.90 a foot. For getting the water i T off the raw water intake.
My sacks seem to stay in place so I just leave them wear they are. Today if the weather is good I'm change my oil and I'll take a bunch of pic for you to see but I warn you I'm not a professional just a weekend warior.
Old     (zoah)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-25-2007, 8:36 AM Reply   
Blair,
Do you take any precautions when drawing from the raw water intake? Like only filling the system at idle or when the boat is first started?

What do you have feeding off the raw water intake? Both rear bags or more?
Old     (j3t_m3ch)      Join Date: Jun 2006       04-25-2007, 8:46 AM Reply   
Thanks Blair! Definately if you get a chance some pics would be cool. It's better for me if I can actually see something!
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-25-2007, 11:28 AM Reply   
Zoak I run one water puppy off the T and then from the water puppy it goes into a 4 valve manifold. I have filled it while the boat is at idle and watch the temp and it never went up but I usually just do it while the enign is off. Never tried it at speed because my back hatch has to be open.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-27-2007, 8:18 AM Reply   
I'm trying to post my pics but I can't figure out how to resize the pictures.
Old     (kmcginty)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-27-2007, 8:21 AM Reply   
easiest way is to open them in paint. use the stretch/skew command, and stretch to 50% hor & ver, then save as...
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-27-2007, 8:31 AM Reply   
The first pic show the pump and manifold I made. I just screwed them down to a board I cut to size and carpeted with some outdoor stuff I got at lowes it matches perfect.Upload Thanks with the resizing I've been working on that awhile.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-27-2007, 8:38 AM Reply   
This is a pic of the manifold from the other side. The closes valve to the camera runs under the floor but above the gas tank to the ski locker. Next valve goes to the driver side back bag. 3rd valve from the right runs down the passenger side of the boat resting right behind the interior speakers. And the last valve goes straight to the passenger side back bag.Upload
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-27-2007, 8:42 AM Reply   
This is a shot of the vent lines that I used check valves and T them together. Then ran it straight out the boat using the cooler drain.Upload
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-27-2007, 8:46 AM Reply   
Last two pics are of the bag laid out and the bag pushed back to show how I still have space to store stuff.Upload
Upload
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-27-2007, 8:48 AM Reply   
One last thing in the second picture you can see where a mounted my togal switch beside the manifold. To keep it close to the valves
Old    K.B.C.            04-27-2007, 9:29 AM Reply   
http://www.planetnautique.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=2192&high light=

This is the example I used when doing my system. The above looks a nice install, although you're filling three bags off of one pump which would be far too slow for me. If you can afford more than one pump I would advise doing something like the link above. You could also substitute the ballast puppies for Simer's and it would be cheaper, You'd just have to locate them in a different location, like under the rear seats.
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-27-2007, 10:15 AM Reply   
Here is my setup.
2-750lb pro-x series fly high sacs by engine.
1-680lb rear seat bottom fly high pro-x in ski locker
200 lead in nose
80lbs in pop bags next to driver.
3 simer pumps feeding from fresh water intake.
Metal shelves to keep sacs from riding on motor.
had it for 2 seasons with zero problems works great.
Also moved the battery and added a second. Got rid of latch lift and just use a prop stick to hold it up when I need to work on it.
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-27-2007, 10:23 AM Reply   
blair -- how do you empty your sacs??? you gonna be out any this weekend??

(Message edited by showtime on April 27, 2007)
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-27-2007, 10:39 AM Reply   
Yea I'll be out sat. afternoon up all night camping and there most of the day sunday. It will be my supersport and my buddies ski ray. stop by when ever I'm always wanting to meet new people out at the creek. The pump is set wear it just flows right back into the raw water intake.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-27-2007, 10:41 AM Reply   
Sbt3 did you have any problem with the wake washing out with that much weight in the back. I have thought about up grading to bigger sacks.
Old     (madison_boarder)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-27-2007, 11:15 AM Reply   
Stan, cool to see the guts of your boat :-)

Blair,

If Stan doesn't reply, I can attest that the wake on his SS is CLEAN and nicely balanced. It's still a Nautique wake, so very poppy for what I'm used to (I'm a little more used to a MasterCraft style wake), but it's beautiful if you like a sharper wake-style.
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-27-2007, 11:26 AM Reply   
gotcha -- so it must be a reversible pump? what color SS are you in? will try to scope you out...later.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-27-2007, 11:43 AM Reply   
Yea it's reversible. My SS is purple and teal with a black bimini and four tower speakers.
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-27-2007, 11:45 AM Reply   
later on --
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-27-2007, 8:36 PM Reply   
Just bought V-drive sacks, a rear seat sack (fits perfect in ski locker) and a open bow sack, filled it all up with old tsunami pumps just to check wake size and it was amazing.... Thanks everyone for the pics to help with this process
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-28-2007, 6:51 AM Reply   
No problems with the wake. The back bags probably only get to about 600 each before the overflow out the vents. Here is a pic not the best close up but you can see it doesn't washout. We ride at about 24-25 mph also. Upload