Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 01, 2007

Old    bocephus            04-21-2007, 2:19 PM Reply   
Just thought I would point out that a rare Sanger V210 ZX Driver I/O is on the boat trader again. These rarely pop up for sale since few were ever made. It will do 65 MPH and still throws a great V210 wake. Awesome rough water boat too!

This isn't mine, but I would buy it if I didn't have my current boat...

Sanger ZX Driver

Upload
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-21-2007, 2:26 PM Reply   
Damn, that engine cover looks like a camel!
Old    bocephus            04-21-2007, 2:28 PM Reply   
Ya, they moved the engine back and up to fit the I/O. They moved the back seat back too so you get about an extra foot in the interior of the boat. IMO, this is the best all purpose boat out their for the money. It will do everything pretty good...
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-21-2007, 2:38 PM Reply   
That is an odd configuration. I wonder how well it would do weighted.
Old    mendo247            04-21-2007, 2:42 PM Reply   
wow pretty cool
Old    bocephus            04-21-2007, 3:14 PM Reply   
On the one that I rode in you could trim the outdrive so the front end was down and just add weight to the back. It had a huge compartment under the rear seat since the V-Drive isn't there. The one I rode on had perfect pass and didn't have any trouble holding speed. It was pretty cool because it didn't need a ton of weight. With the engine being where it is, higher and farther back than normal a large bag under the rear seat was all that was need to get a really good wake.

That would make the perfect boat for Parker, you could trim up for shallow areas...

(Message edited by bocephus on April 21, 2007)
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-21-2007, 3:48 PM Reply   
the guy has it listed wrong. it can't be a V-210 and a ZX driver ... the "V" stands for v-drive, it's a stern drive (i-o)
Old    bocephus            04-21-2007, 5:46 PM Reply   
Nope, that's what it is...It's a V210 with an I/O. Sanger only made a few of them and called them V210 ZX Drivers. It is the V-drive hull, it even has the mounting brackets for transmission and V-drive in it.
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-21-2007, 6:30 PM Reply   
I guess I stand corrected. But Why would anyone want an i/o over an inboard v-drive or direct drive for that matter??? my first two boats were i/o's and once I got an inboard it was like graduating from a tricycle to a bicycle... I'd never go back!
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       04-22-2007, 1:32 AM Reply   
if i remember correctly it was called just the sanger zx driver. there pretty cool boats and theres quite a few that cruise around the delta durning the summer months
im bored so i found a couple articles on them
http://www.waterskimag.com/article.jsp?ID=12438&typeID=103&categoryID=110

http://www.waterskimag.com/article.jsp?ID=13676&typeID=121&categoryID=113
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       04-22-2007, 4:32 AM Reply   
wow that might add to the debate of why an i/o's wake is washy and soft...

pretty interesting!
Old    walt            04-22-2007, 7:20 AM Reply   

quote:

But Why would anyone want an i/o over an inboard v-drive or direct drive for that matter???

There you go...

WSM: Who is this boat aimed at?
Ski Sanger: This boat has unique positioning. Because of Sanger?s heritage of racing and going fast, you now have older people who used to have Sanger?s flat-bottoms and hydros when they were younger and now they have kids. Their kids are wakeboarding, slalom skiing and tubing. This is the effort to make that customer happy. Because of our performance-oriented customers, we get people who want more than a tournament ski boat, something that is a lot faster and more splashy. It isn?t the fastest boat in the world, but it is a really fast tournament boat. So this boat is for the guy who is a little older - a performance-oriented water-ski enthusiast that has kids. He wants the speed boat, the kids want a wakeboard boat, the wife wants a family boat. The ZX Driver bridges all those gaps.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-22-2007, 11:37 AM Reply   
Good Lord!

That boat looks like it's about to give birth.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-22-2007, 12:50 PM Reply   
to lump this boat into the catagory of I/O's is like saying a Ferrari is just a car...this is a Sanger I/O and in a catagory by itself. the power trim lets you adjust the wake to your preference, and to run fast when you desire 55 or 60 mph.
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-22-2007, 1:08 PM Reply   
almost shipped on from Florida. The only one I could find when I bought my boat was in florida. Very rare. Probably the best I/o wake boat, and fast. Also pulls skis well.
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       04-22-2007, 6:47 PM Reply   
"the power trim lets you adjust the wake to your preference, and to run fast when you desire 55 or 60 mph."

sounds like other i/o's to me... at least that was how we used the trim!!!!
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-22-2007, 7:48 PM Reply   
thanks Gordon, my point exactly... it's still an i/o!
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-23-2007, 2:42 AM Reply   
And Chris you obviously never rode behind an I/O set up like your wakeboard boat, ballast, PP, tower, the right prop, stereo with tower speakers. Either you bought these as additions or paid big when you bought your new boat to have them already installed. But then again your profile has no data in it so we dont even know if you own a john boat...
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-23-2007, 10:29 AM Reply   
Bob, sorry, not bashing I/Os or people that own them. In fact I considered the ZX Driver before deciding on my V-210. But after 20+ years of owning sterndrives I decided on an inboard. just personal preference. We boat on a fairly narrow river, and it works better for our situation. It's all about having fun, not what you ride or ride behind!
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-23-2007, 4:14 PM Reply   
If I could sell my vdrive right now, I'd turn around and buy that ZX without even thinking. Those things are on a diffrent level then other I/Os. You'd never have the absolute best wake, but you'd have the most functional boat out there. I'd love to have one. Anyone wanna buy my Session? $34K?
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-27-2007, 12:22 PM Reply   
no surfing so it apparently isnt that functional you can do everything that boat can in a v drive V210. Except go 65... who cares