Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 23, 2006

Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       03-19-2006, 10:51 AM Reply   
For those of you who have never had the opportunity, make it a point to check out your local dealers/shops to see if any pros are coming to give clinics this summer. On one hand, it is depressingly sick to see them throw all their tricks so effortlessly while you struggle to get a simple grab. On the other hand, I have had no experience behind the boat that made me simply stare in amazement making primitive 'ooooh' sounds (unfortunately, no hot chics on our lake flash us like they seem to all the time in CA :-)

Anyway, here is JD Webb riding last summer at a clinic. I didn't shoot the footage/make the vid, but I was sitting in the boat staring open-mouthed in wonder. Good times!

http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php/JD-Webb_wakeboarding-picture.html?medid=18445
Old     (ak4life)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-20-2006, 2:26 AM Reply   
looks like he's having a blast riding. great vid. can't believe he recovered from that one near fall.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       03-20-2006, 7:32 AM Reply   
JD Webb is one of the classiest acts around. I love that kid. I always watch how a pro handles kids even in the worst conditions.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-20-2006, 7:38 AM Reply   
His section in Delta Sessions 2 is amazing. Out of all the pros I have rode with over the years, JD seemed to be the most complete and consistant. Also he always seemed to be having fun.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-20-2006, 11:20 AM Reply   
Riding with the pros is humbling. I got to ride with Kevin Henshaw two summers ago. Although he was new to the scene back then, he definately went big and smooth on everything.