Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 23, 2006

Old     (brick)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-10-2006, 9:03 PM Reply   
Has anyone heard if there are any scheduled INT comps for Cental or Northern California this year?
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-10-2006, 9:24 PM Reply   
Tim a friend Jim posted that INT needed sponsers $$ to keep it going in the Central Valley. I would hate to see that go. I think Kevin Birds parents are in charge of it or help out with it.
Old     (mr_incredible)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-11-2006, 7:01 AM Reply   
new ppl r running the nor cal int and plan on making them awesome events and they are way cool people. heres the link where u can dund the dates to them.

http://www.wakeworld.com/events/default.asp?Type=Amateur
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-11-2006, 8:41 AM Reply   
The new NorCal coordinators Chuck & Linda Payton are bringing lots if energy & enthusiasm to NorCal INT for 2006. Great contest site on private lake. Check them out. What's up Tony.

Old     (cheeseman)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-11-2006, 9:21 AM Reply   
Nor Cal INT schedule is set. We are going to have a lot of fun at Nor Cal this year. We will be showing the premier of Delta Sessions II at our first event weekend. We are going to have a new Pro Division and Slider Divison this year, free camping and dinner at every event. See the following link for more information:

http://intleague/com/ncalifornia/index.html

Thank Randy and Tony for the props.

Chuck Payton

Old     (deltawake)      Join Date: Sep 2004       03-12-2006, 12:09 AM Reply   
Nor Cal INT will be the place to be this year. The first event is the weekend of May 20.

The correct link is: http://intleague.com/ncalifornia/index.html

Click on the underlined event schedule in the text to see a full schedule.

You'll kick yourself if you miss it.

Old     (mr_incredible)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-12-2006, 2:18 AM Reply   
well props r givin when they r deserved and hi randy, how u been man
Old    cwbabsolute1080            03-12-2006, 10:46 AM Reply   
INT is garbage.... if you cant find a sponsor for florida.. the wakebaord capitol of the world.... then ur doing something wrong.... im sure if they tried someone would step up.... my 2 cents
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-12-2006, 11:01 AM Reply   
INT is great for pulling the family around.
If you're into it to compete, the way wakeboarding is scored is horrible. It's scored like trick skiing.
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-12-2006, 11:03 AM Reply   
The Central Ca INT organizers are Chuck and Debbie Ackerson. Last i heard there will be a Central Cal INT With Comps between Fresno and Sacramento. The Nor Cal INT comps are in Red Bluff which is prettty far away for most people.
Old     (deltawake)      Join Date: Sep 2004       03-12-2006, 12:14 PM Reply   
No need to bag on someone else's thing. If it's not for you, that's fine. We find INT to be a great family activity, and the Nor Cal INT will be absolutely terrific this year. Check it out.
Old     (cheeseman)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-12-2006, 12:27 PM Reply   
Red Bluff is not that far when you can camp for free for the whole weekend and the lake has sliders. We come from Discovery Bay, it's worth it. Many great people and families
Old     (deltawake)      Join Date: Sep 2004       03-12-2006, 10:56 PM Reply   
Regarding the "horrible" scoring in INT Wakeboarding, I think that perception is a misunderstanding. Most people that I know of who have problems with the INT scoring don't fully understand the system. INT scoring is designed to be an objective assessment of the tricks that the rider does. You do the trick, you get the points. There are style points, but they are a relatively small part of the total picture, especially in the lower divisions. Many times, I have seen a rider think that he/she has done well, but in watching their run, it is apparent that they don't understand the rule book. In planning an INT run, it is imperative to read and understand the rules of the particular division that you are competing in. Riders who plan a good run and execute that run very well get high scores.

All that is not to say that everything is perfect. In the upper divisions, particularly, I would like to see more incentive for a rider to go for more difficult and technical tricks. It is possible for a rider with a "safe" run to beat a rider with a more difficult run if that rider falls even just once. I would have to say though that over the course of the season, it all comes out pretty fairly. Consistency pays off bigtime.

Overall, INT does a great job of putting on grass roots tournaments where people of all ages and abilities can get together and compete, meet new people, and just have a great time. That's the spirit that I know the new Nor Cal coordinators are bringing to the table. They're putting tons of energy into it, and I for one am looking forward to a great season. The new pro division should also be a great addition to the mix.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-13-2006, 7:25 AM Reply   
INT Norcal is being ran by the Paytons. They are seeking help from anybody that cares about the sport. they are very open to making changes to help the events. We will be showing DS2 there on May 20 and hopefully do some judging and checking out the new system. Give them a shot, they are passionate about the sport and they are VERY family orriented.
Old     (bigpapaf1f)      Join Date: May 2005       03-13-2006, 9:00 AM Reply   
Cen Cal will be run events this year. Just like Matt said. I just talked to Dave about it last week. They are gettin a schedule together right now. Last year was my first year ridin the INT comps, I had A LOT of fun!!! Can't wait for this years comps. Chuck, Debbie, Dave, and Jen put on the Cen Cal INT's they are some of the best ppl you will ever meet! Tim and Squid I will let you guys know as soon as I hear anything.
Old     (kevin_bird)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-13-2006, 9:10 AM Reply   
To talk about what Peter just said, id like to add that the INT scoring seems to make kids want to progress. If they learn a new trick and go out there and stick it, and receive no more points than when they didnt land the trick, that could be dissapointing to anyone. This ensures that when they progress, they will also show progression in their score. If you ask me it is a great scoring system until you get up to the higher ranks (i.e. expert and outlaw) The nice thing is that you know what you HAVE to do to get a particular score. Also their are style and, i think, points on how big you go. After you do 10-12 tricks those, what seem to be small points, begin to grow fairly rapidly.
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-13-2006, 9:35 AM Reply   
BG, thats good to know. Also good to know Chuck, Debbie, Dave, and Jen are still part of it.
Old     (michael_riffle)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-13-2006, 9:51 AM Reply   
Just as an FYI, we are making mods to the style points to help enhance our point value system. Some cool things are around the corner. Take care

Mike Riffle
Midwest District INT Coordinator
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-13-2006, 10:08 AM Reply   
Many don't know but the INT format is from the old Pro Tour format. Its very good for the lower level kids. Plus when your judging its also easier. When you get into the outlaws the guys in there know right from there run if they were beaten or not.

Mike looking forward to the new format.
Old     (denjoe)      Join Date: Jan 2006       03-13-2006, 10:29 AM Reply   
How about spectators, is there plenty of room for people who want to come out and watch. Not all of us are worthy of competing...YET!
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-13-2006, 11:06 AM Reply   
Joe - I taught my kid to ride on Wednesday and had him competing on Sunday. You can do it. No excuses.
Old     (gina_h)      Join Date: Jan 2006       03-13-2006, 2:34 PM Reply   
Joe,there's definitely room for spectators at the NorCal INT location. But don't think you are't worthy of competing! There are many different ability levels and everyone is so helpful and supportive, even the riders you're competing against. INT comps are such a great place to meet other families and people interested in the sport! Chuck, Linda and boys are awesome people!-- so fun to be around and very dedicated to the sport. We really appreciate all they are taking on this year.
Old     (denjoe)      Join Date: Jan 2006       03-13-2006, 9:19 PM Reply   
I have to agree with a lot of you. After my post today, Chuck e-mailed me directly to invite me and welcome me to the event. I still do not see myself competing, but would definitely love to go and even help with the event. Chuck seems like a great guy that loves the sport as much or more than the rest of us.

I must say, every single person that I have met on this site is really, really cool.

Great site=Good People & Great memories!

Joe
Old     (dhr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-14-2006, 10:07 AM Reply   
Central Cali will be running this year we will travel to differnt private lake sites ranging from fresno to sacramento we have new sponsors that will be on site and will be looking at the local talent . grab your gear lets go ride

Old    wakemomma            03-14-2006, 3:13 PM Reply   
Okay, Okay the wait is over here are the dates & locations for Central Cal INT:

June 11th Modesto Reservior
June 24th & 25th Wolf Lakes Double Header
July 22nd & 23rd Lemoore Double Header
August 6th Horner Farms
August 19th & 20th Modesto Reservior Double Header

As always, Saturday Potluck Night, bring something to BBQ and a side dish. Camping available at all sites. Plenty of room for everyone to watch the comp, so bring tons of friends.

A Big Thanks to all of our competitors, families, and sponsors, without your help and support we would not continue to do this.

If you want more info about Central Cal send me an email.

Looking forward to another great year in Central Cal.!!!
Old    ccalint            03-14-2006, 3:41 PM Reply   
Just want to say Thanks to everyone that has supported the Central Cal INT league. Looking forward to having another great year. See you in a few months.
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-14-2006, 4:02 PM Reply   
Thanks to you all that made it happen. BTW what boats will be pulling the comps?
Old     (dhr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-14-2006, 4:21 PM Reply   
central cal will have a mc xstar ,moomba lsv , superair210 team ,malbu all boats will be loaded to make the best wake avable

p.s. thanx to bg,k bird ,squid and all the rest of the central cal riders .looking foward to a great season
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-14-2006, 4:34 PM Reply   
Dave if ya need any help just holla and I will be there. Used to help back in the day and I know how stressful it can get.
Old     (dhr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-14-2006, 4:39 PM Reply   
cool plan it got big things planed this year
Old     (dr_inc)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-14-2006, 7:07 PM Reply   
o man im so excited for int this year. like the bird man said it makes you wanna progress and you meet tons of people. been doing it for two years and this will be my third and im more excited for this year than any.... dave and jen ... is there going to be one at lakeside this year??? and are there more to come?
Old     (travis_briscoe)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-14-2006, 8:37 PM Reply   
I am pretty excited for things to start up again as well.

Ryan, are you going to be riding advanced or what?

Anyways, sounds like things are going to be a lot of fun, can't wait to see everyone again.
Old     (dr_inc)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-14-2006, 10:42 PM Reply   
hella ya... advance and take it to nationals.... so i guess your going to expert????
Old     (travis_briscoe)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-15-2006, 12:48 AM Reply   
Most likely expert, maybe outlaw if things go well, haha. We'll see. Should be cool to see everyone again.
Old     (bigpapaf1f)      Join Date: May 2005       03-15-2006, 8:48 AM Reply   
Whats up guys!!!! Just marked the dates on my Calendar!!

Travis, Expert will be fun this year!! You, me, Trevor, Joel D., and Bud. Just to name a few. Can't wait!!!!

Ryan, Whats up bro, Happy B-day! I was out of town last weekend sorry I could not make it. Whats up with this weekend?????

Dave, Missed your call, I was home sick and pass out. I will call you in a bit.

Old     (dhr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-15-2006, 9:03 AM Reply   
Ryan possible lakeside may add one mid season
Old     (ccryder)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-15-2006, 9:10 AM Reply   
Looking forward to another season seeing everyone I met last year and meeting more this year. Let me know if I can help.

Jim
Old     (dhr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-15-2006, 11:24 AM Reply   
Jim look at the dates and make the plan , you know that help is always great cant wait for the first event . glad to see all the central cal riders are getting stoked for the season
Old     (dr_inc)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-15-2006, 1:30 PM Reply   
thats cause cen cal is where its at... dude so brandon ride on fri sat sun??? bird mans commin out and bud ... .... DAVE bring out a MOOMBA this weekend
Old     (dr_inc)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-15-2006, 1:32 PM Reply   
o ya and last i heard was cling ding a ling hahahahah is comming back WOOOOO ..::spirt fingers::..
Old     (dhr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-15-2006, 2:28 PM Reply   
clandinglingy is comming back to cali fo some dirty delta sessons. possible moomba sighting on sunday at the house ill call u to conform
Old     (dr_inc)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-15-2006, 5:30 PM Reply   
roger that. operation delta weekend will commence at 1300 hours on fri.... channel out