Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2004

Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       08-17-2004, 8:21 PM Reply   
I was wondering if anyone could help me land my tantrum...
Now before you say look for another related thread, I have a few specific ??s that I have not found answers to on the site, I guess Im a special case who really sucks at riding or something.
So, I finally got my flips on video and what I appear to be doing is leaning back... i land more on my back leg and can not put it down. I pop very well, rotate fine, can see the boat and water upon landing, the rope gets jerked from my hands right beofre I hit the water. I try to weight my front foot more for the pop, Im popping atleast 6, if not more like 8 and am going wake to wake. What can anyone suggest to keep my board flatter so when the landing comes around I can put it down. I am letting the wake do everything, keeping the handle in, is there something I need to do to my cut? I take about a 15 foot cut, dont square up all the way, just let off and pop straight up and then rotate it, I am not rushing it...
I will try to get some video up tomorrow or thursday, any help GREATLY appreciated

-Duane

ps sorry for the long post... just trying to give ya everything I feel/see to try to help you tantrum regulars visualize my problem.
Old     (jklein)      Join Date: May 2001       08-18-2004, 8:25 AM Reply   
I have similar problems. This is what I've been instructed to do, and have read.

Try a few things:

1. When you square up to the wake stomp on your front foot before the trip happens. This might help you get your board more level.

2. Keep your elbows in during the rotation. I read this someplace.

3. When you're 3/4 the way around, give the rope another little tug.
Old     (hypedrider7)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-18-2004, 10:17 AM Reply   
Duane,
Its really tough to say without seeing it. But in your post you noted that you take a "15' cut, don't square up all the way"

The board is always going to be on an angle if you don't square up to the wake. Your board will end up going around the back alittle instead of going straight over the top, thus making you land on your back foot.

Try to square up to wake, let go with your back hand, square your shoulders and hips and look for the shoreline you were coming.

Hope this helps some.

Jerrod
Old     (melvinator)      Join Date: Apr 2001       08-18-2004, 8:16 PM Reply   
Jerrod is right on with his advice. I sometimes don't square up quick enough and I land tail heavy. Cut out as far as you can and build up your speed early.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       08-19-2004, 12:18 PM Reply   
Thanks jerrod, I need to work on that, I went through all the old magazines that had tantrum tips in them and they noted that holding edge too long would make it go around the back so to speak, so yes that is what I need to look at the next time I try them...

thanks
duane
Old    the_friend            08-19-2004, 12:53 PM Reply   
this biggest thing i can tell u is to pull the handle in when u pull the rope in it will get u leveled out and keep the handle from popping out of ur hands.